CPU/Mobo Motherboard suggestions for Intel E7400

now i m getting confuse in dual core and core 2 duo...
i thought money diff >>> performance diff.. :huh: very confused now..

gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H i think its not available till date ????

wayne_rooney said:
now i m getting confuse in dual core and core 2 duo...
i thought money diff >>> performance diff.. :huh: very confused now..

gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H i think its not available till date ????

Have you read my last 2 posts in this thread? Should clear your confusion..
Both E5200 and E7xxx series are based on the core architecture. Both are 45 nm chips, however the E5200 has 1 mb lesser L2 cache, reduced stock FSB and slightly lower stock clock speed, and has been branded a Dual core instead of a C2D as part of intel's marketting strategy.
There is not much difference with that 1 extra MB of cache and the clock frequency/FSB advantages disaappear once you start OCing.
Basically, for ~2,000 Rs. more than the E5200, the E7400 doesn't offer a whole lot much.
Don't get confused by the name, both have 2 individual cores and the same architecture.

if the thread OP is not going to overclock, let him buy E7200....otherwise buy E5200 with a gud mobo like MSI P35 Neo-F and overclock it.

if u r not goin to O.C and since u r going to use ur rig for gaming I suggest u take E7200 as it supports SSE4.1 which is disabled in E5200...and hav extra 1MB cache. Get a G31 mobo if u r low on budget, otherwise get one of the P35 mobos mentioned above with a gud grfx card

I made a pc for my friend today with giga GA-P35-S3G for 5000 + intel e7400 for 5500 and its oc great. its fine combo i feel. along with a zotzc 9600 gt its doing great with games and studio jobs

bluheart said:
I made a pc for my friend today with giga GA-P35-S3G for 5000 + intel e7400 for 5500 and its oc great. its fine combo i feel. along with a zotzc 9600 gt its doing great with games and studio jobs

Dude, you bumped up a 3 month old topic. :S

Back