Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question,and a very important one . How's the call quality? do voices sound muffled? in the video , this guy says, its piss poor

online marketplace Snapdeal.com has received a great response for the pre-order booking of the new Motorola smartphone Moto G.

The company records 1000 pre-orders of the phone within first two hours of its launch. The new Phone Moto G comes with a 4.5 inch display. It runs on the Android 4.3 Jellybean OS and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU.

The Moto G sports a 5 MP rear camera with LED Flash along with a 1.3 MP front camera. It has a battery capacity of 2070 mAh that provides mixed usage of up to 24 hours. It features a storage capacity of 8GB which is standard along with a 16GB variant.

Snapdeal is giving out freebies to Motorola Moto G buyers such as Free Airtel 1GB 3G data code via email within 7 days of product delivery along with free 1 year accidental warranty, free 1 year extended support warranty and a free back panel case.

Another e-commerce marketplace Flipkart has also announced availability Motorola Moto G to consumers in India.

Source:-http://www.financialexpress.com/

Hi, how does one claim the offer on ebooks? Do you get a voucher in an email or something? Do you get the offer immediately after purchase?

From their twitter - You can redeem the clothes and eBooks offer two weeks from now. Will be valid for a month thereafter.

Apparently, there is no usb cable included :/

Got it about 2 hours back. Office colleagues played around with it, and now finally it's with me. It seems awesome, coming from HTC Explorer (which I'll have to sell off now) :)

quick question,and a very important one . How's the call quality? do voices sound muffled? in the video , this guy says, its piss poor

Call quality is pretty good. I have been using it for close to 1.5 months and I never found the sound to be muffled or anything. It is very clear.

Call quality is pretty good. I have been using it for close to 1.5 months and I never found the sound to be muffled or anything. It is very clear.
True that. Been using it for a month.
Call quality is decent, not great.But I guess it has got more to do with the shitty compression used by our operators to cram as much as possible in the limited spectrum.
Noise cancellation is excellent though.

Surprising part is that all the pieces sold Via flipkart, have importers name as Flipkart...

So I don't know who is handling warranty..

From their twitter - You can redeem the clothes and eBooks offer two weeks from now. Will be valid for a month thereafter.

so the charger unit does not have a detachable usb??

online marketplace Snapdeal.com has received a great response for the pre-order booking of the new Motorola smartphone Moto G.

The company records 1000 pre-orders of the phone within first two hours of its launch. The new Phone Moto G comes with a 4.5 inch display. It runs on the Android 4.3 Jellybean OS and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU.

The Moto G sports a 5 MP rear camera with LED Flash along with a 1.3 MP front camera. It has a battery capacity of 2070 mAh that provides mixed usage of up to 24 hours. It features a storage capacity of 8GB which is standard along with a 16GB variant.

Snapdeal is giving out freebies to Motorola Moto G buyers such as Free Airtel 1GB 3G data code via email within 7 days of product delivery along with free 1 year accidental warranty, free 1 year extended support warranty and a free back panel case.

Another e-commerce marketplace Flipkart has also announced availability Motorola Moto G to consumers in India.

Source:-http://www.financialexpress.com/
I don't get why snapdeal is pricing the phone higher than the flipkart offer?
Can someone who has got the Indian version of the phone, please post some picture and video taken from the phone including panorama shot? Is the screen of the phone large enough to read the email or watch short video clip comfortably?

I don't get why snapdeal is pricing the phone higher than the flipkart offer?
Can someone who has got the Indian version of the phone, please post some picture and video taken from the phone including panorama shot? Is the screen of the phone large enough to read the email or watch short video clip comfortably?

Because the importer of the flipkart stock is flipkart themselves. The contents of the package have been assembled by flipkart themselves.. The charger is pathetic, the earphone is cheap and pathetic.. (cheap chinese)..

Snapdeal stock will be Imported by snapdeal themselves.. Or god knows who..

Also the MRP of the phone is 14499 on the flipkart stock..

No USB cable.. Just wall charger..

According to offer T&C, eligible users will be sent email about activation of the offer by 14Th Feb and just like the McDonald's discount, the discount will be visible as "Specially for you:Rs. 1000 off on Rs. 1001 on clothes.. Same with ebooks..

Applicable on all WSRETAIL items..

Because the importer of the flipkart stock is flipkart themselves. The contents of the package have been assembled by flipkart themselves.. The charger is pathetic, the earphone is cheap and pathetic.. (cheap chinese)..

i dont think the package is assembled by flipkart themselves.
Agree the earphone is cheap.

Apparently the package in the US has different earphones...Its imported by flipkart...so final QC and sealing is done under their supervision...and no good company includes such an elcheapo charger and headset -_-

Is it anyway a deal breaker? Is there any feature which is there in US version of the phone that is not there is Indian version like NFC? It has great review about its build-in quality etc, but has the same quality been replicated in Indian version?

I am getting confused if to go with this phone or not. :stop: Maybe the actual review of the user on different aspects of the phone, will make things more clear. So, those who have purchased the phone, please share your feedback of this phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back