Motorola Atrix or Motorola Photon or Samsung Galaxy S

Hi

I lost my phone recently so i havent given time to "R&D" since i wasnt expecting to buy a new phone.

Anyways, after having a look in few threads i have concluded

Motorola Atrix - around 360$
- Seems to be best

Motorola Photon 4G - around 380$
- Seems that 3g is not supported on GSM Network. Correct me if wrong

Samsung Galaxy S - Shall get in India - Another decent phone with good display
Let me know which one you suggest in under 20K Range.

Feedback

1. 1. Which phone?
    2. What the normal bid/win price on ebay.com or any US site
    3. ShopnShip or ICCWorld

i saw a sensation at a croma and actually thought my blade's screen looked sharper!

since i'm upgrading from a blade, i'm not too picky about anythign except the processor. it has to be future proof. well, near future at least.

So you got it for $265+15shipping?

It looks like an AT&T locked piece. Can ANY att atrix be unlocked? or is there certain criteria to be met?

ViKiD said:
^ No death grip issues. With or with out 3G.

As for the Touchscreen sensitivity issues. I think those were in the early units. Plus if they do crop up, easy fix. Just take off the back cover and pull up a pin.

You can google about the death grip issue. Reports have been coming from far and wide.

I dont want to get into an arguement, but if i am purchasing a phone, i dont intend or plan to purchase an expensive phone with the grand idea of peeling the back cover and keep poking the pin every now and then. Imagine doing that in front of ur colleagues or family if u are very patient in the first place.

This is all too confusing. Amazon's 3rd party seller list has half the phones listed as locked to att and half as unlocked.

Ebay is worse. Take this for example.

Item condition is listed as new. then the seller goes on to say "Included PRACTICALLY NEW AUTHENTIC Motorola Atrix 4G (Unlocked) Smartphone + BATTERY / CASE.

PHONE POWERS ON / LIGHTS UP. However, the SCREEN IS VERY DIM BUT STILL VISIBLE. I GUESS IT LOST SOME BRIGHTNESS. It also has sound and vibrates. (Phone was accidently dropped in half a cup of water - RED INDICATOR FOR WATER DAMAGE)

(Cannot find the rest of the box / accessories... If I find them, I will include them as well) otherwise.. you can buy the rest for around 10 to 15 dollars."

Can't belive he actually expects $233 for this crap.

agantuk said:
Contract no contract doesn't matter. If you have the IMEI give me, I will confirm if there is a code

LOL, how do i get the imei without buying one first!

I've only bought stuff from amazon itself, and some 3rd parties too, but the items were confirmed new and unused/unopened. The atrix deals all seem very ambiguous. I have to narrow down to something in a couple weeks. Friend's coming back from NY mid-nov.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I'm about to give up and buy one from dubai for 26k! not really...

So how exactly do these sellers put these phones up for sale at ~$350 when the msrp is around $500? And how do we know if the phone they're selling is still under contract or an ETF has been paid?

Did you check screenshots of how motoblur looks like? could be a custom rom ?

^its generally listed or u can ask them whether its off contract or not.IIRC the atrix is free on contract.

unlock codes are available for as low as 2.5$ on ebay itself for the atrix.

ha checked it ...found out it was launcher pro(*android noob* :eek:hyeah:)

Spacescreamer said:
You can google about the death grip issue. Reports have been coming from far and wide.

I dont want to get into an arguement, but if i am purchasing a phone, i dont intend or plan to purchase an expensive phone with the grand idea of peeling the back cover and keep poking the pin every now and then. Imagine doing that in front of ur colleagues or family if u are very patient in the first place.

Totally agree with your point.

Al in all i haven't faced any issues so far. Neither did a friend who has been using one for like 3 months now.

The Deathgrip issue was blown out of proportions even for the iPhone 4. I had one, and honestly never faced a single hitch.

Just for the heck of it, the pin solution i mentioned, doesn't need to be done, every single time. Facing any touch issues? Pull up the pin once, and your good to go...

Anyways, as i said before. Right now, seems to be a very bad time to purchase a high value cell phone. I'd say about end November or December should be right enough. Reason, being plenty of phones are coming out, plus the ones on the market right now are just being pushed for the sake of clearing out stocks.

ViKiD said:
Right now, seems to be a very bad time to purchase a high value cell phone. I'd say about end November or December should be right enough. Reason, being plenty of phones are coming out, plus the ones on the market right now are just being pushed for the sake of clearing out stocks.
Just figures, i've always have had bad timing buying stuff from the US.

ViKiD said:
Anyways, as i said before. Right now, seems to be a very bad time to purchase a high value cell phone. I'd say about end November or December should be right enough. Reason, being plenty of phones are coming out, plus the ones on the market right now are just being pushed for the sake of clearing out stocks.

That's the sole reason that you get these phones so cheap. You get a Atrix for 17K because the Atrix2 is on the line or a Captivate or Vibrant for 12K. The new phones will not be cheap. Do you think that you'll be to get the Atrix2 even for 25K? For us who want VFM it's always better to get a slightly outdated phone (not EOL though).

Back