Motorola Atrix or Motorola Photon or Samsung Galaxy S

Hi

I lost my phone recently so i havent given time to "R&D" since i wasnt expecting to buy a new phone.

Anyways, after having a look in few threads i have concluded

Motorola Atrix - around 360$
- Seems to be best

Motorola Photon 4G - around 380$
- Seems that 3g is not supported on GSM Network. Correct me if wrong

Samsung Galaxy S - Shall get in India - Another decent phone with good display
Let me know which one you suggest in under 20K Range.

Feedback

1. 1. Which phone?
    2. What the normal bid/win price on ebay.com or any US site
    3. ShopnShip or ICCWorld

darkraven said:
How good is the battery life?? (on a single charge)...is the phone heavy??too big for the pocket?....is the screen kinda pixellated?any lags during pinch to zoom?

1. Battery Life is impressive, single charge easily lasts me a Day with Moderate use like watching Movies for an hour, mails and all
2. Phone is not heavy considering the size you are holding in hand. Thats why Samsung Galaxy S2 feels light because it is less in comparison to its size
3. Big for Pocket, YES! This is the first time i having this large screen phone, takes time to get used to.
4. Screen is not pixelated. It is very good. On a side note, it is good even in Day Sunlight
5. No lags to pinch to Zoom

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

itzmydamnlyf said:
some more details on the photon would be highly appreciated.

Let me know any specific info you are looking for ?

One downside i see at the moment is, it takes quite a long time (2-3) mins to restart since it keeps searching "Sprint" Network and finally times out to search other "Global" Networks. However i think this will be fixed when i install Custom Rom.

I'm thinking of buying a motorola photon too.

MOTOROLA PHOTON 4G Boost metro pcs cricket MINT SHAPE bad esn | eBay

Just wanted to know from people who have already bought this phone-

1. does the screen of death still occur? I read that some users face this problem.

2. if I use vodafone gsm will data and voice both be activated?

3. is there any workaround so that it doesn't search for cdma network every time it restarts?

4. the seller is giving a bad ESN, will that cos a problem?

are there any other bad esn phones that can be bought from ebay for cheap and be used here on gsm networks?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

HTC DROID Incredible 2 is also a cdma/gsm phone, so can their bad esn phones also work with a gsm sim card in India, guys please help!

I'm sure many TE members can benefit from your knowledge about this because bad esn HTC DROID Incredible 2 is for just $220 and bad esn motorola photon is just for around $300.

orange121100 said:
1. does the screen of death still occur? I read that some users face this problem.

2. if I use vodafone gsm will data and voice both be activated?

3. is there any workaround so that it doesn't search for cdma network every time it restarts?

4. the seller is giving a bad ESN, will that cos a problem?

are there any other bad esn phones that can be bought from ebay for cheap and be used here on gsm networks?

1. I haven't faced this issue.

2. Yes

3. You can select GSM/UMTS in the network mode. I am able to register to AirTel within 5-10 seconds of every reboot

4. Bad ESN could mean the phone is hotlisted as stolen or the bills are unpaid. Although this won't cause any problem for GSM usage here, i would give it a pass.

Due to the attention this phone is getting on ebay, used phone are hovering around USD 300 and new ones around USD 370.
If you are not in hurry, try auctionsniper

@archat68 : I wasn't trying to compare both the phones I wanted to know whether their bad esn versions would work here, will data transfer work? , there are some problems with photon have they been resolved (like SOD) ?

@njankit : thanks, feel relieved now. will start bidding for photon.

What are the current best/cheapest places to buy a new atrix in the US/UK?

and is it cheaper to buy a locked piece and separately have it unlocked from a website?

and are all atrixes sold in the US at&t branded and subsequently unlocked?

Atrix is outdated now. Most retailers are gonna start stock clearance soon.

ATRIX 2 or PHOTON are good to go now. Both have a 8mp camera. The camera on ATRIX 2 is better than that of photon as per reviews and way better than ATRIX 1.

ATRIX 1 is said to have a very bad camera with reference to known competition

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Shoulda mentioned that i'm looking for something not bigger than 4". And camera isn't of much importance to me. Other than the camera, the atrix is actually better than the 2 because of the fingerprint scanner.

^^ Sensation ?

1) Deathgrip

2) Loss of sensitivity reports

No thank u.

Motorola Atrix is outdated only for trendy people.

The only gripes:

1) Screen stands nowhere among the cherished AMOLEDs

2) Cam performance during dark is pretty darn bad. Even with flash it makes my blood boil. Talking about the stock 5MP setting.

3) No warranty and its well understood why.

But It has the power under the hood and backing of Google now. Its still a viable option for people who value h/w config. Its fast, responsive, and battery life is tremendous. And yea, i wasnt too interested/excited about the fingerprint scanner unlock mech, but Boy.. does it work like the best stuff to unlock. Looking into completely opposite direction, w/o dropping ur conversation, u unlock it.. Smarty pants and convenient too.

Lastly, size and girth feels just right. I dont prefer phones having big footprint myself.

Julian said:
i'm looking for something not bigger than 4".

And camera isn't of much importance to me.

^ No death grip issues. With or with out 3G.

As for the Touchscreen sensitivity issues. I think those were in the early units. Plus if they do crop up, easy fix. Just take off the back cover and pull up a pin.

As for the Atrix, the screen is way too washed out, even the general SLCD's are better. Plus not even close to being sharp. Also the bio metric unlock thing is a super big gimmick. I took the phone from a friend, asked him to unlock it. Easily took him some 35 seconds to get it unlocked. SWIPE ,oops, SWIPE, OOps.... swipe swipe swipe.

Only thing i dont like about he Atrix is the screen, everything else...is darn amazing.!

Id suggest you wait it out just a bit, for the Galaxy Nexus to come out, and then get a phone.

Back