Motorola Atrix or Motorola Photon or Samsung Galaxy S

Hi

I lost my phone recently so i havent given time to "R&D" since i wasnt expecting to buy a new phone.

Anyways, after having a look in few threads i have concluded

Motorola Atrix - around 360$
- Seems to be best

Motorola Photon 4G - around 380$
- Seems that 3g is not supported on GSM Network. Correct me if wrong

Samsung Galaxy S - Shall get in India - Another decent phone with good display
Let me know which one you suggest in under 20K Range.

Feedback

1. 1. Which phone?
    2. What the normal bid/win price on ebay.com or any US site
    3. ShopnShip or ICCWorld

@krishnandu :- The seller in ebay.in must be importing it from the US itself. why not go one step ahead of him and get yourself one from the ebay.com instead of paying some 3-4k extra to the ebay.in seller ????. Also as Darkraven pointed out if u are willing to spend 23k on Atrix, why not increase your budget and get the SGS2..
Also regarding unlocking there are plethora of sites on the net to get your phone unlocked..

aka007 said:
photon being a cdma phone with a sim card slot(useless outside sprint network only in US) can be found for ~349$(just to indicate it can be found cheaper than atrix) + 1k shipping and i am not sure about unlocking. I though you need to pay for it as well but after reading the above comments i am not sure.

Can I ask why CDMA usage of Photon is useless

It can be easily used in reliance , TATA and BSNL or ZTS

Its a normal CDMA set so can be easily configured . Get MEID registered with reliance and will work in all India

Bsnl very simple

so please tell me why its useless or am I missing something

Now another query which will be the default number in photon if both are working

CDMA as its a SPRINT mobile ?

So will it be DUAL ACTIVE AND DUAL STANDBY

photon has WIMAX ...

that itself is a another advantage . BSNL rollout is already on for WIMAX

One of the reviews of Photon

Motorola Photon 4G Phone Review | PCWorld

I am also in lookout for a good phone so participating

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
i bought one for 20.7k utilizing WD500GB coupon code..
so in the end that makes it 18200/- all inclusive with buyer protection through ebay.in
and also return policy if the phone is not in proper condition makes it a lucrative deal.

Mint Motorola Atrix 4G 16GB GSM Android 2.3 & 1Ghz dual core processor | eBay

BTW
this guy was willin to sell his phone for 19.5k all inclusive when i had talked with him..
but if at all you want to use the carnival coupon code, 20k is the price that you should buy that phone
at from him :)

Motorola Atrix 16GB Unlocked Mint Andriod | eBay

warm regards
Dinesh Malhotra

please do post when u receive the phone

will buy it from a local buyer too on ebay..

ankitmane said:
please do post when u receive the phone

will buy it from a local buyer too on ebay..
Got it today..

The phone is un good condition except the battery cover which the seller has obliged to pay for, if i do not raise a cimplaint at ebay.in

I m already orderin 2 bck covers for 1500 total from usa, let me know if u want one fr 750rs..

Sellr payin me 700bcks fr one cover.

The phone is awesome though.. grt peice of hardware.. nvr thought these dual cores wid 1gb ram wud make android so blazingly fast.

Rest assured n buy one thru ebay.in with paisapay protection.. evn if u get somethin that seller hadnt told earlier abt.. ull get full refund or the seller wil help u out to avoid ebay negative rating like in my case the back cover had dent etc.. is now being paid fr by the seller fr a new back cover

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

kuduku said:
Can I ask why CDMA usage of Photon is useless
It can be easily used in reliance , TATA and BSNL or ZTS
Its a normal CDMA set so can be easily configured . Get MEID registered with reliance and will work in all India
Bsnl very simple
so please tell me why its useless or am I missing something

Now another query which will be the default number in photon if both are working

photon has WIMAX ...
that itself is a another advantage . BSNL rollout is already on for WIMAX

One of the reviews of Photon
Motorola Photon 4G Phone Review | PCWorld
I am also in lookout for a good phone so participating
I said the phone is useless only in USA. In India it can be used like a normal phone. And it wont have any dual sim and all. It is not a chinese phone lol... It wont have a default number. You buy the phone and use it in India just like any other phone. But to use inside the US it wiill only work on sprint network and for that you need to activate a number.

webserver2009 said:
Hey mate,, pls share OR pm me ebay link .. even am interested too ..

TIA

:)

I didn't decided anything right now. But take a look at

Motorola Atrix | eBay

Motorola Atrix 4G - 16GB - Black Unlocked Smartphone | eBay

We need to choose wisely.

Well, Shop and Ship will clear the Customs. But can anyone put some light how much total cost will be involved?? Including Customs and Shipping??

I did my homework, Aramex says $10 for shipping, which would be around INR 500/-.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys one more thing, it's really hectic to import Atrix. What do you guys think of O2X?? I know, you'll laugh at me after hearing this. But still, specs are almost same, just that Atrix have more internal memory and more RAM, which really matters much and the price is low too than O2X.

Still I want to know your views. As it can really be hectic to bring the phone in here.

One more thing, looks like so much people is interested in getting this phone. Can we start a GO??

Though I'm not confirmed. I'll confirm if I can really make a decision.

Optimus 2X is a wonderful phone. It has great community support and is real fast (even faster than Atrix I would say)! And although it is a matter of personal preference, I find the 2X better looking than Atrix too!

krishnandu said:
I didn't decided anything right now. But take a look at

Motorola Atrix | eBay

Motorola Atrix 4G - 16GB - Black Unlocked Smartphone | eBay

We need to choose wisely.

Well, Shop and Ship will clear the Customs. But can anyone put some light how much total cost will be involved?? Including Customs and Shipping??

I did my homework, Aramex says $10 for shipping, which would be around INR 500/-.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys one more thing, it's really hectic to import Atrix. What do you guys think of O2X?? I know, you'll laugh at me after hearing this. But still, specs are almost same, just that Atrix have more internal memory and more RAM, which really matters much and the price is low too than O2X.

Still I want to know your views. As it can really be hectic to bring the phone in here.

One more thing, looks like so much people is interested in getting this phone. Can we start a GO??

Though I'm not confirmed. I'll confirm if I can really make a decision.
Shipping cost depends on what you get - if the seller does basic wrapping of the original box, it'll be 483. If the packing is heavy, then 902. Customs is of course extra - iirc, Greasemonk was charged 200 as customs.

The advantage of Atrix is the hardware plus support. Add the Webtop to this mix and you have a killer combo. And AT&T is running a sale on the Multimedia Dock, BT Keyboard and Mouse for 100$ which is very good!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Got myself Photon

As for support, the Dev teams are catching up with the phone. Since it is New in Scene, it wll take a while to have some support. My previous (ZTE Blade) was awesome in this case

@krishnandu : PM Me and i might help you on this.

kuduku said:

If you get the phone's MEID or ESN registered with any cdma operator, it will work on it's network. The defualt network can be selected in wireless and network menu, where you'l get options like Sprint only/ CDMA only/ GSM /WCDMA. And this won't be a Dual active dual standby phone.

Back