Motorola ATRIX ... What a device!!!

Airtel 3G advertises 21MbPS.

Was standing under the tower, got 2Mbps

what shit, govt should ban fake advertising(testing done on a Galaxy S)

I guess I do not have to wait 2weeks anymore :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
GPU for Samsung is a quad-core
update:

Samsung wont be using Exynos for all galaxy s2 devices. AT finds tegra 2 better in terms of gpu and flash performance so far. Also the decision to have tegra2 despite of Exynos would be to include tested components rather than basing the whole lineup on a freshly introduced one.

Samsung's Tegra 2 Superphone: The GT-I9103 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

At such performance level, the only relevant factor would be battery life imo. Lets hope Exynos is equally efficient if not better.

I'm getting one more perspective why and when would samsung ship tegra 2.

Samsung is also providing their chips to apple for ipad2 and probably what is rumored to be as iPhone5.

Galaxy S2 will be direct competition to it and samsung would be digging into its own profit margins buy hurting sales of either device.

I'm afraid that samsung would earn from their chip on iPhone and galaxy s2 would get these chips on secondary priority after iP5 release. Win win in both cases for samsung.

Won't matter to end user since both chips are on par with each other...until device drivers for Exynos on a later date unlock its potential (new as opposed to comparatively matured tegra2)

If not samsung then atleast the devs would want to take these to limits.

If I were to buy, I would wait and watch what samsung is upto.

-Sent by my Personal Assistant; Pardon her for typos if any. She just wants to Captivate! :p:)

@mods

Can change title to "Dual-core Phones discussion Thread" ? :p

Airtel 3G advertises 21MbPS.
Was standing under the tower, got 2Mbps

what shit, govt should ban fake advertising(testing done on a Galaxy S)

For GSM services even standing under the tower won't ensure you maximum connectivity.

Airtel would be advertizing a maximum of 21Mbps* or upto 21Mbps ..

vishalrao said:
What about battery life?
of?

if asking about atrix, i will know in a few days when i get the unlock code.

until then it is running off wifi and still cant comment on battery as i connect the device to pc to transfer stuff now and then.

only resentment is amoled. I love black, in fact all themes i preferred were black + white + blue/green.

now i have to go back to colourful life :(

@madnav

Have you bought a locked Atrix?

If yes, then if I can get a friend to bring me a locked one, how can I unlock it?

kestrel5915 said:
@madnav

Have you bought a locked Atrix?

If yes, then if I can get a friend to bring me a locked one, how can I unlock it?
you have to purchase an unlock code from cellunlock.net

there is a special listing under motorola for at&t atrix 4g..

the normal moto or at&t listings wont work.

i purchased a code yesterday. it takes minimum of 36hours to get a code. shall get mine tomorrow.

The success rate for this site has been good so far as per xda.

madnav said:
you have to purchase an unlock code from cellunlock.net

there is a special listing under motorola for at&t atrix 4g..

the normal moto or at&t listings wont work.

i purchased a code yesterday. it takes minimum of 36hours to get a code. shall get mine tomorrow.

The success rate for this site has been good so far as per xda.
Yeah, I saw that site via google but wasn't sure whether its reliable or not.

Also, is this kind of unlocking safe or are there chances of the phone getting bricked or something?

kestrel5915 said:
Yeah, I saw that site via google but wasn't sure whether its reliable or not.

Also, is this kind of unlocking safe or are there chances of the phone getting bricked or something?
As long as the code works, it's safe.

This is a common method for unlocking cell phones.

I do not see a reason why a cell phone would brick if unlocked using unlock code/key.

an update for fellow members who are anticipating to purchase moto atrix.

source for initial release has been released by moto. we shall see some active development on ROM section very soon.

Also Moto released 2.3.3 for Droid 2 recently, hope the same follows for atrix soon. :)

A possible/desirable hack would be to install ubuntu as that alternative webtop while using with laptop dock.
The 1GB will surely matter in that case when the phone has to handle 2 systems.

ubuntu doesnt work on phones... if you are talking about meego, then it isn't coming to android phones

comp@ddict said:
ubuntu doesnt work on phones... if you are talking about meego, then it isn't coming to android phones
Not as a phone OS but for the webtop. Atrix n upcoming droids will have webtop, it is second OS which transforms the phone into a desktop/laptop with proper docking accessory (although hack for running without a dock is already out :) )

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

Boatloader unlock along with gb update is on it's way... well..maybe a little late but moto finally agrees to free all droids made in 2011 and hence forth.. :hap2:

Back