Motorola Photon 4G thread

Guys what's update of photon 4g on reliance cdma activation? ?

Also as asked before, bad esn is in usa and I dont think indian cdma guys bother whether its bad esn ir anything.

Can you guys confirm??

Alright, received a photon 4G yesterday which is for a friend.

Things I would Like to point out as have been discussed in this thread:

1. The screen is only as good as Atrix 4G.

Black Levels: Almost same, and photon appears slightly darker due to linted glass. The new 10% brightness mod on atrix offsets and improves that as well.

Colour reproduction: Can not find any difference.

Colour Banding: Both Phones on Gingerbread, Similar level of colour banding.

2. Build: Photon is more curvacious and Bling to hold and carry. Suitable for "We are the Blackberry Boys" as well!!

Have to hand over the phone today and did not get much time to test out other things.. would do so when i get it back.

madnav said:
Alright, received a photon 4G yesterday which is for a friend.

Things I would Like to point out as have been discussed in this thread:

1. The screen is only as good as Atrix 4G.

Black Levels: Almost same, and photon appears slightly darker due to linted glass. The new 10% brightness mod on atrix offsets and improves that as well.

Colour reproduction: Can not find any difference.

Colour Banding: Both Phones on Gingerbread, Similar level of colour banding.

2. Build: Photon is more curvacious and Bling to hold and carry. Suitable for "We are the Blackberry Boys" as well!!

Have to hand over the phone today and did not get much time to test out other things.. would do so when i get it back.

Does it feel heavier than Atrix?

does photon heat up as much as atrix?

I am really pissed off with burning hot phone .

I am talking about 37-40 c temp of phone.

^After long calls OR heavy games OR charging the battery for long time, it gets mere luke warm. Nothing as bothersome as temps you mentioned.

How is the browsing on this phone (i am talking about full desktop sites with flash javascript etc. ) ? Is pinch to zoom smooth or not?

And how are the custom roms, Dev scene etc.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Got it on 12th and I must say I m in love with it ;)

Gives me a great feel all along, let it be looks or let it be performance.

Cudnt use it much as I have to leave my place but most of the time I was on it..

Bad part is I m still struggling to find a screen guard locally or any good case/cover. HELP ME :)

Bought photon.

any photon ppl using FM??

and how??

Tried mine using a nokia earphone and it worked.Don't want to use a nokia headphone.so any suggestions???

Hey Arv, congrats on the Photon. I believe any 3.5mm jack headphone would work good on the set.

The Photon at below $400 looks like an awesome deal. Please do let me know how did u get it as i'm thinking of getting one as well when a colleague visits the States. Is your Photon unlocked to Sprint? & does it make a difference?

i had an issue in my photon.whenever i connected my nokia earphone to listen to FM,the call screen popped up and started calling the first person in my recent contacts list.what can be the problem??

I guess its because of wrong earphones.That is why am asking for suggestions for earphones for listening to FM.

@skumar9988 : if u were in mumbai maybe i could help you coz i have extra casings for photon.brand new and unused.blue color.

Back