Motorola Photon 4G thread

I give all credit to great farookhji.

My phone is running excellent on cdma.

Its now quest to.get evdo working.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

tomemmanuel said:
Hi,

I will like to post few steps to use RUIM sims (CDMA) on Motorola Photon 4G.

Requirements-

1. QPST

2.Motorola Drivers

3.Photon MSL

Install Drivers- Shutdown Phone-Press Vol Down+Pwer button- select BP Tools-Connect USB cable- Open QPST Configuration -Add Diag Port- Start Client -Service Programming- Select Read from Phone-Enter MSL- Go To - 1x/HDR -Select Lock Mode = Never R-UIM Config = R-UIM Only.Then Goto M.IP - Select Mobile IP Behavoiur = simple IP Only.And Finally Write to Phone.Wait till the phone reboots

Hope these help Photon users to who want to use CDMA sim cards..

Thanks to Farookh,Pratikb and mgdelhi.I have gathered inputs from what they have contributed

Does that mean we can use CDMA ruim/sim card also in Photon ?

GSM sim we can use thats confirmed

Calling for help.

I just rooted my phone using the torpedo method.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-root-motorola-photon-4g-without-dock-guide/ (for better insight)

I went ahead and deleted Sprint files through my cmd.

As in i ran this command "rm Sprint* "

And now i can't open my phone.

"process com.sprint.internal has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.

So now am planning to go for Cyanogen mod 7.

So am expecting suggestions for customized ROM's (Cyanogen, or any other), the stable and performance booster ROM's

Calling for help.

I just rooted my phone using the torpedo method.

http://www.addictive...out-dock-guide/ (for better insight)

I went ahead and deleted Sprint files through my cmd.

As in i ran this command "rm Sprint* "

And now i can't open my phone.

"process com.sprint.internal has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.

So now am planning to go for Cyanogen mod 7.

So am expecting suggestions for customized ROM's (Cyanogen, or any other), the stable and performance booster ROM's

CM7 is good....but in d box gingerbread is better.

i tried thes teps to get ruim working on my photon i got my spc code and followed every steps mentioned here

but after inserting the reliance cdma sim i get a force close error com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly

pls help

Getting the same error. I also followed all the steps. Strangely when I checked using an old Reliance CDMA Sim of my friend (which he is using for many years) it worked efficiently. The data (1x) also started automatically. Encouraged, I ordered a CDMA sim (new) for myself. And lo... the error started on booting. No way it was going. Reconciled back to GSM.

Bro have you tried tata indicom or MTS sim in the slot after making changes?

ANY HELP FOR US?

Ya one more point. Will rooting allow us to use GSM/ CDMA sim alternatively?

i tried thes teps to get ruim working on my photon i got my spc code and followed every steps mentioned here

but after inserting the reliance cdma sim i get a force close error com.android.phone stopped unexpectedly

pls help

Back