Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Final Version Released

was a ff fan for a long time.... only due to add-ons actualy....

switched to chrome and chromium.... i hav to admit its better than ff any day.... (compared btwn ff 4 rtm and chrome 11.0.496.16)

Using it now. Memory usage is insanely high at 375 MB with only 4 tabs open :(
But cant help it as i love this browser.
They seem to have swapped the position (i think) of "Open in new window" and "open in new tab" and it caused me initial inconvenience but got used to it.

Do not use chrome since for some weird reason its download manager never utilizes the entire available bandwidth :S
Even on 1 Mbps connection firefox gives me download speed of say 120-130kBps (direct downloads) while chrome slugs out at 30-40kBps only :(

A toolbar? U wanna change ur years old browser because of a toobar? :p

clown_abhi said:
This is one of my major concerns as i am unable to use the browser due to this sole reason. Though i am liking IE9 atm which has full support for Norton Toolbar...Finally, it looks like i am moving away from my favourite browser from the last 5 years :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I did bro, err.. i didn like it much despite it being the fastest etc. thanks for pointing out though :)

thetoxicmind said:
^ Have you tried IE 9? ;)

Rockfella said:
I did bro, err.. i didn like it much despite it being the fastest etc. thanks for pointing out though :)
Well, I was referring to the no-nonsense browsing experience, combined with a clean and simple UI...not to mention universal compatibility. :)

Will try again then.

thetoxicmind said:
Well, I was referring to the no-nonsense browsing experience, combined with a clean and simple UI...not to mention universal compatibility. :)
No workaround needed, works like it worked with FF3.

logistopath said:
Any workarounds for IDM plugin to work with FF4?

I keep getting this message (The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression,Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.),does not happen with all sites but face this problem with techenclave and some other sites but a refresh sets the problem right :huh: .

Forgive my noobness but why do people love FF so much ?

I tried using it but it was all cluttered, had very high memory usage, crashed...... IE was clean n clear, didn't crash, worked on 99.9% of sites that I came across.

Used to play mafia wars on facebook :p IE used to be laggy there hence started using FF n chrome n chrome was much better, not at all laggy n used to launch faster than FF n IE so started using it but m user of robo form which chrome didn't use to support properly hence fell back to IE.

Now if u ppl can enlighten me about the goodness of FF then I might switch and get to enhance my browsing experience ........

I am facing issues with few websites esp TE when using FF4 at home. The pages of TE or for that matter any other website open very very slow and sometimes do not open at all. For addressing this i simultaneously open opera and it works fine all the time. I am planning to revert back to some old version of FF and check. again.

raksrules said:
I am facing issues with few websites esp TE when using FF4 at home. The pages of TE or for that matter any other website open very very slow and sometimes do not open at all. For addressing this i simultaneously open opera and it works fine all the time. I am planning to revert back to some old version of FF and check. again.
I would advice you to first uninstall the Firefox 4 and then clean install it... doing this may solve your problem...

Been experiencing the same problem as raks. FF seems to take forever to open TE and a few other sites. FF4 was actually installed freshly on my laptop. Worked fine for a few days, and then this problem since 3 or 4 days. Anyways, I don't really mind 'coz Opera is still my primary browser, but if there is a solution to this problem, it'll be helpful.

Back