Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Final Version Released

Working nice and good for me.IDM also working good.A little googling will give you idm trick..All my plugins are also working nice :)

multi said:
IDM not working for me with FF 4 , so is there any working youtube downloader .
If you are looking for just and youtube downloader .SaveFrom.net is the best i have comes across .It adds download button on the youtube and allows u to download in what ever resolution you want.

Go to add-on and get it .IDM works totally fine with me :)

Does IDM work with opera for you?
logistopath said:
Been experiencing the same problem as raks. FF seems to take forever to open TE and a few other sites. FF4 was actually installed freshly on my laptop. Worked fine for a few days, and then this problem since 3 or 4 days. Anyways, I don't really mind 'coz Opera is still my primary browser, but if there is a solution to this problem, it'll be helpful.

thetoxicmind said:
FF4 - Pretty smooth so far! Liking the transition. :cool2:
Guess I spoke too soon, back to 3.6.16...

A couple of compatibility issues with various sites. Themes availability is just OK.

Will wait for the next program update...

i use FF4 only for downloading youtube videos as of now. :p

opens up slowly , browsing is not quick to respond.

for browsing i now prefer chrome. have disabled IDM on chrome so fb browsing is better in it. or else there would be a download prompt for every fb video.

raksrules said:
I am facing issues with few websites esp TE when using FF4 at home. The pages of TE or for that matter any other website open very very slow and sometimes do not open at all. For addressing this i simultaneously open opera and it works fine all the time. I am planning to revert back to some old version of FF and check. again.
I have already done that, and I'm happy.

BTW I'm thinking of shifting to Chrome, even the previous version of FF sometimes takes a lot of time to open facebook

For browsing sites i use Chrome 10 which has crankshaft javascript engine and its very fast for doing this thing and i would advice other people to do the same thing too... for downloading stuff i use firefox 4 coz i dont like chrome's download manager... :)

At my home on BSNL 3G connection, opening sites like TE and XDA forums is too sluggish and sometimes not opening at all. While using opera in PC, i can open those sites perfectly fine. Not sure how FF4 is affecting opening of these sites at home.

Btw using FF4 at office too and TE and XDA forums open fine here. :S

i don't face any problems at all everything opens just fine as in older versions. TE opens faster in FF4 than in my chrome. May be my internet is faster. Will try it on my 3G modem and post the result

well had no problems in loading pages ... but the xmarks remved the password sync option from updated plugin which led to a loss of data :( . And the start up time is more for FF4 than chrome so am changing to chrome.

p_sam21 said:
There are sure some issues of memory leaks in FF4. Mine at times take upto 1.5gb out of total of 2gb RAM.
I second that mine is currently running at 1GB with only a single tab :( Switching to Google Chrome

@aasimenator & p_sam21: hmmm funky.... mine is taking just 260mb with 5 regular + 2 app/pinned tabs. As for extensions, I've about 8 active extensions installed.

Did you guys try clean install?

iGo said:
@aasimenator & p_sam21: hmmm funky.... mine is taking just 260mb with 5 regular + 2 app/pinned tabs. As for extensions, I've about 8 active extensions installed.

Did you guys try clean install?
I only have 6 Extensions loaded.

Its is a fresh install, I uninstalled 3.6 before installing 4

I only have 1 tab open & its 87MB but it increases even if your not doing anything on it & even if its minimized

Firefox.jpg

Back