Mtnl Broadband Frequent Disconnection

I am on lan, plus i use netgear dgn1000.
Also one more thing.
When i restart my router 5-6 time till my ip is 120.59.xxx.xxx - then my Pings are good.
But if my ip is 120.250.xxx.xxx or 59.xxx.xxx.xxx then my pings suck.
Any way to fix it?
Different server / ip pools.. Not much you can do.. Seems the latter one is a slow / faulty server. Only isp can fix it.

The level of service and quality is different between MTNL Mumbai and MTNL Delhi. End of story. Also there are price difference lol
are you saying that mtnl delhi's service is good? If yes then you are wrong.
There are many customers who are facing many hassles just to get their problems fixed. Especially those staying on the outskirts of the main city. Thats why i find it weird that we are getting very good services.

are you saying that mtnl delhi's service is good? If yes then you are wrong.
There are many customers who are facing many hassles just to get their problems fixed. Especially those staying on the outskirts of the main city. Thats why i find it weird that we are getting very good services.
Yes Delhi is better.. Now imagine if am calling Delhi better, how they must be in Mumbai?

Yes Delhi is better.. Now imagine if am calling Delhi better, how they must be in Mumbai?
"Less worse" would be more appropriate. :|
And for some reason I don't feel like shifting my place anymore.
Is there any good unlimited plan at present? Landline calling would be used but only very rarely, that too to call up customer service nos.
But i prefer only net use without landline calling.

Any of the Mumbai guys with MTNL experiencing lags lately??

For the last 5 days i can't get through a single Youtube video without it stuttering to load... this compared to a blissful trouble free connection earlier where the loading for videos would run through with ease. I'm on the 2Mbps Non Combo plan.. and suddenly it seems to have gone to hell.

Even other sites, loading content takes a lag of around 6-9 seconds before the page loads. I tried changing the DNS from Google Open DNS to automatic assigned... NOTHING WORKS! It's getting increasingly frustrating to browse .. though download throughput seems fine at 1.85Mbps

There was a problem with their server. Its working fine nw.

Afraid still not for me. What DNS are you on?? Browsing is painfully slow for me still!! Even TE takes a good 15 secs to load! Can barely get through Speedtest opening up inside 30!

Guys any advice on how to get the frequent disconnection problem resolved. My line has such a lot of disturbance that it can't hold a stable DSL connection for more than 5-10 mins. When I raise a fault on the MTNL website they just close the FAULT without doing anything about it.
I am frustrated and I am not sure what to do about this.
I remember there was some guy who we could call when the complaints are not being taken seriously by MTNL. I had used that number once and technicians had come to my place the very next day and fixed the line. I can't recall who was it I had called.
Any suggestions from anyone in Mumbai - Dahisar East are as to how to get this things resolved ? :(

Guys any advice on how to get the frequent disconnection problem resolved. My line has such a lot of disturbance that it can't hold a stable DSL connection for more than 5-10 mins. When I raise a fault on the MTNL website they just close the FAULT without doing anything about it.
I remember there was some guy who we could call when the complaints are not being taken seriously by MTNL. I had used that number once and technicians had come to my place the very next day and fixed the line. I can't recall who was it I had called.
Any suggestions from anyone in Mumbai - Dahisar East are as to how to get this things resolved ? :(

Unfortunately it doesn't appear you can do much about it. MTNL's quality is often hit - miss depending on your locality and general quality of service from the MTNL exchange in your area. Typically MTNL seems to be best responsive in proper city limits. Suburbs can be a pain in the arse experience with them.

If your line quality is that bad, it generally means that unless your linesmen take the time & effort to "switch" you on to a clearer line from the junction box or figure out where in your line routing is the source of the interference, there's not much you can do. You could possibly try speaking to the DGM of your area directly (try to go personally to their office.. always seems to work better than just lodging a complaint) and have him speak to the Senior Engineer/Section Engineer and the guy who generally assigns and monitors the daily calls of the linesmen.

Mail to MTNL DGM office at dgmifaw1@mtnl.net.in & gmw3mbi@mtnl.net.in

Broad Band Complaint Call:-
2436 1221
2432 9308
2421 0387
Kandivali Office:- 2801 2345

Call each and every number and email too.... post here after 1 week... THE RESULT
Reliance 4G on Card for Mumbai..... accept pain with MTNL few week more... and than.....

I'm having terrible disconnections since yesterday the internet just goes off and does not comes off unless i reboot modem

Back