MTNL Mumbai Introduce Unlimited Plan Rs.999/-

ok Stalker I accept what I really passed there wasn't required and was OT.

That doesn't meant I was hopeless, I did dropped mails to nodal officers and editors and escalated it even when I already had TCL BB. Only thing was I didn't belived in signature campaign. And what Bikey wrote wasn't towards bringing us together and was insulting

sri_k said:
WTF its doesn't make sense for 999+taxes...Atleast they should have made it inclusive of all taxes...
bikey i had posted in ur thread for sending a mail to comm minister A.raja...Am yet to receive reply...Also TRAI mail address is invalied...
When dealing with Govt. agencies or even private companies, never use emails. :p
Send letters by Regd. A.D./under certificate of posting- trust me it works. :p
And this is just the beginning- we expect better results provided people who genuinely believe in standing up against wrong and fighting for what's right, don't give up.
And for some weird reason. though no one seems to take TRAI seriously, the cellcos get worried when anyone writes to TRAI.
Trust me it works and sincerely hoping and praying it does in this case too.

If the will is there, we can manage to get better rates.
It's pre-election time and no one in their right selfish senses will want to agitate the youth, working force of the nation, especially from Mumbai- i hope.

And i am not in favour of achieving goals via those who resort to -ve means.
So i will prefer to keep requesting via letters to the concerned authorities, TRAI and the press if need be.
And i do believe everything to fall into place- coz as i have said before- it's usually oversight/ignorance/misinformation at the top.

If you ask me why it hasn't happend yet, again check the thread.
People are troubled but not enough to go ahead and lodge a proper complaint.
They will just blast the call centre peeps or some employee, vent their angst on forums, and dissuade others with their negative mentality.

There are those who have been troubled but don't even have words of support to contribute to if anyone else wants to try. :no:

There is a procedure to be followed but who wants to when there is an escape route.
And those who don't have options fight for it.
And there are some who have an option but believe in standing up against what's wrong- usually termed as fools. :hap5:

May the force be with us. :eek:hyeah:
Pursue something with the right thought/attitude/reason and there will be no excuse for things not getting done. :)

47Shailesh said:
well bikey I didn't meant sarcasm.
How short tempered you are try some yoga could be good for you.
Well I didn't take part in signature campaign coz I didn't believed in it and already had TCL BB, though I mailed to MTNL delhi and mumbai's nodal officers, MidDay and many others mumbai newspapers.
I am already getting 256kbps UL@750pm so no plans to move to MTNL.
:rofl: bikey you just proved how filmy you are, must be SRK fan.
Just because many who didn't took part in a signature campaign make them spine less :S
Tell me why should I care if Infosys is giving more/less pay to 2008 joinies then 2007 when I am not in Infosys and how can you relate this to anyone's patroism, really weird.
47Shailesh said:
ok Stalker I accept what I really passed there wasn't required and was OT.
That doesn't meant I was hopeless, I did dropped mails to nodal officers and editors and escalated it even when I already had TCL BB. Only thing was I didn't belived in signature campaign. And what Bikey wrote wasn't towards bringing us together and was insulting
You immaturity shows through your posts.
You ask me what patriotism has to do with this?
Ask yourself.
I say the answer is "nothing" actually. :cool2:
But it's the attitude that can be likened to lack of patriotism. :no:
Here is how>
Like there were many who said all the patriotism talk is pure jingoism, etc etc after the Mumbai terror attacks happened.
We all know that there's a long way to go, a lot of bureaucracy/corruption, etc t be taken care of before we see results and we have a long and tough way ahead.
A genuinely patriotic person, even if at the receiving end of the full negative forces in society, will prefer to stay mum on the topic of the attacks and the changes needed, if not have positive words of support diue to all that he/she has suffered.
But surely won't say -ve things against the nation or not hope for a better tomorrow.
Support and hope for the motherland or a better tomorrow in general is genuinely unconditional- period.
Likewise for any rightful cause.
You not only didn't believe but even posted negative comments.
That's why it can be likened to lack of patriotism in context to the Terror attacks.
Think over it when free enough from your usual stuff and are totally at peace. :)
You have such short term memory.
You said "I am in if we go the consumer forum route"
I thanked you for your -ve mentality and offered you to lead the campaign via the consumer forum and extended fuill support to your leadership.
Did you even respond? :lol:

I also made it clear that me and TheIndian were taking this up solely and thought maybe some more signatures may add some weight though we were going ahead with it even if alone.
IF anyone wanted to contribute with their and other signatures IF possible, are welcome to do so.
Did you respond? :no:

As i have said in the earlier post, there are some who are troubled and take the escape route and do nothing and some who stand up against wrong for what's right, even if there's an escape route.
But there is no valid reason for inaction/passivity but only "excuses".
TheIndian has already shifted to another ISP for professional reasons (yes- his work depends on the net to a great extent unlike most of us who use the net for pleasure) but still didn't give up on the cause.

Was i spamming threads, PM inboxes, IM convos with my request?
Did i ask anyone to go naked for the cause- like PETA does?
Where have i pursued anyone except just start a thread for awareness of the task at my hand?
There were so many who chose to PM me and not post in the thread- thank you guys.
If i had some extra privileges, i would have chosen to post the thread and lock it immediately to avoid those unnecessary comments.
Then going ahead and making unnecessary/negative comments is almost a direct assault against the cause especially when the OP's intentions/thoughts were as clear as a white saree in the rain.
(ohh- i so love this line. :p)
Since you have no need for MTNL and weren't hopeful- you should have stayed out of the thread unless posting with supportive comments/action.
But you chose to post -ve stuff, saying it's all pointless- like some others.
Now that it's partly done, you even go ahead and raise fingers and actually mocked me- though i take no offense.
And you say why i made those comments that you have found insulting?
You found my comments insulting coz there was something majorly wrong with all your thoughts/intentions/posts in the signature thread and here to begin with.
Think over it. :)

BTW, the last comment made earlier on being spinless and lacking in patriotism was spoken in general at all who have nothing to offer, even in words if not action too, but go around spreading negativity and hopelessness- whatever be the issue in whatever walk of life. :cool2:
And about my short temper and being an SRK fan etc etc-
I am only short tempered with those extremely close to me- who matter to me and i cannot be seeing them in trouble due to some nbad habits or some mistake they make.
I am an SRK fan as much as any average Mumbaikar is.
Filmy- dude- Don't even get me started on it (though i haven't watched abolly flick in a very very very long time).
End result- checkmate/game-set-match/DEFCON 1- call it what you like. :)
What did i have for lunch- i am not this aggressive usually. :rofl:

And i still have nothing against you.
I speak my mind and the truth- even if it's speaking/going against my nearest and dearest.
And i am not judgemental or don't make assumptions on people, their personalities, etc by their online persona coz that's another hugely immature thing to do.
Most online shers are sissies, studs are wimps or brutes are softies in real.
Those who know me do know that i am absolutely impartial and fair and unselfish- whether on TE or anywhere else online/offline.
I am also very ugly and repulsive to look at- so i doubt you will like to meet me- as evident from your absence in all TE Mumbai meets till date. :p

lucky_chouhan said:
are you insane. this price are high.
in AIRTEL
256 Unlimited for 699/- monthly
512 Unlimited for 1499/- montly
1 mb 2222/-
2 mb 9999/
12.36% Tax Applicable with above plan
No Monthly CPE (router/modem charges)
:p :hap2:
My friend- this same 256Kbps UL MTNL plan was Rs.2.5K/month in Mumbai till a day or 2 back while it is for Rs.599/- (was 799/-) in Delhi.
That's why some people are getting so excited. :lol:
Thanks for the info- we need to push some more coz yeh dil maange atleast same if not more. :hap2:

@OP
Thanks for the good news
:D
I have decided to go for the 999 plan. Can anybody tell me how do I do it??
On which number should I call them to get my plan changed?? Please someone give me the number quickly because I desperately want to change the plan from January...

I already have an MTNL connection. Will I have to pay the installation prices again??

I have 2 rigs at home. Can I connect 2 PCs with the same connection??

Also, if I have to purchase a modem rather than taking one on rent, should I buy it from MTNL or should I buy it from some shop??

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE..

I dont think mtnl sells modems

if you want internet on both pcs, 2 ways:
1. wired, using a switch, will cost abt 8000-1000 bux + lan cables, cheaper, better file transfer speeds over LAN
2. wireless, router for abt 2k, adapters for pcs for approx 1k each, costlier but good if uou have any other wifi devices

take your pick...in both cases only 1 internet connection will be shared by all devices/computers

you'll need to call on 1504

you can connect multiple pcs

you'd be better off buying the modem from the open market.(remember that mtnl customer care will wash their hands off of any support issues.)

Emil said:
Methinks you should stick to that plan like a leech. They don't give it anymore and are stuck with those who took it when they did. So you can't go back to it later if you feel the need to do so.

Wait till they come out with something that makes it really worth your while to change.

yup me sticking to 590NU:p coz i calcuated n found out that the GBs I would be downloadin within 8hrs wont b achieved even if the whole day iam downloading on 256kbps:ashamed:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
When dealing with Govt. agencies or even private companies, never use emails. :p
And this is just the beginning- we expect better results provided people who genuinely believe in standing up against wrong and fighting for what's right, don't give up.
And for some weird reason. though no one seems to take TRAI seriously, the cellcos get worried when anyone writes to TRAI.
Trust me it works and sincerely hoping and praying it does in this case too.

If the will is there, we can manage to get better rates.
It's pre-election time and no one in their right selfish senses will want to agitate the youth, working force of the nation, especially from Mumbai- i hope.

And i am not in favour of achieving goals via those who resort to -ve means.
So i will prefer to keep requesting via letters to the concerned authorities, TRAI and the press if need be.
And i do believe everything to fall into place- coz as i have said before- it's usually oversight/ignorance/misinformation at the top.

If you ask me why it hasn't happend yet, again check the thread.
People are troubled but not enough to go ahead and lodge a proper complaint.
They will just blast the call centre peeps or some employee, vent their angst on forums, and dissuade others with their negative mentality.

There are those who have been troubled but don't even have words of support to contribute to if anyone else wants to try. :no:

There is a procedure to be followed but who wants to when there is an escape route.
And those who don't have options fight for it.
And there are some who have an option but believe in standing up against what's wrong- usually termed as fools. :hap5:

May the force be with us. :eek:hyeah:
Pursue something with the right thought/attitude/reason and there will be no excuse for things not getting done. :)

Whew that was quite a lengthy post made by you...How do u get the energy to type such a long post...:p

Regarding letters very few ministers have their postal address&the e-mail being one fastest means of comm many prefer it...

Also the site didn't mention the postal address..Also you don't come to know whether your letter has reached the concerned person...

BIKeINSTEIN said:
sri_k said:
Also you don't come to know whether your letter has reached the concerned person...
You knew that your email reached but what happened? :p
There's a reason i mentioned what is underlined- i didn't end it at just sending the letter did i? :p
I have sent emails to many in certain cases but no response.
One letter to the manager/GM/President and voila- even stuff gone missing into thin air reappears from thin air. :lol:
(Sometimes it does take a few reminders though- India hai- we are also the same and don'tr act unless push4ed- like say cleaning the room. :p )
Addresses need to be hunted down or gathered from local authorities and they usually do not deny.
Sometimes they start shaking things up on their own when they learn you are asking for the address of someone important- "uh ohh- this guy smells like trouble for my comfy, cushy job- i better move my @$$." :lol:
And letters sent by Regd.AD once received by the concerned dept., do reach the person coz they have been received by someone in the dept., has been signed for and you get the receipt that it was delivered.
Who will risk their job for not delivering a letter for the boss that they accepted in the first place.
I have had my share of good luck you may say- when certain wrongs were amended by the concerned authorities and totally as per my way, they being good enough to actually do things a bit out of their way at times.
And most of the times the people in a position to help were just ignorant/unaware of such happenings while those lower down who might have botched up things usually try to cover up things or try to wash their hands off the matter- another typical trait of most Indians/humans. :)

Did any one tried to CALL MTNL about the scheme? any official update? anything you get new from your call to MTNL about Unlimited Plans?

Update here ASAP

BIKeINSTEIN said:
You knew that your email reached but what happened? :p
There's a reason i mentioned what is underlined- i didn't end it at just sending the letter did i? :p
I have sent emails to many in certain cases but no response.
One letter to the manager/GM/President and voila- even stuff gone missing into thin air reappears from thin air. :lol:
(Sometimes it does take a few reminders though- India hai- we are also the same and don'tr act unless push4ed- like say cleaning the room. :p )
Addresses need to be hunted down or gathered from local authorities and they usually do not deny.
Sometimes they start shaking things up on their own when they learn you are asking for the address of someone important- "uh ohh- this guy smells like trouble for my comfy, cushy job- i better move my @$$." :lol:
And letters sent by Regd.AD once received by the concerned dept., do reach the person coz they have been received by someone in the dept., has been signed for and you get the receipt that it was delivered.
Who will risk their job for not delivering a letter for the boss that they accepted in the first place.
I have had my share of good luck you may say- when certain wrongs were amended by the concerned authorities and totally as per my way, they being good enough to actually do things a bit out of their way at times.
And most of the times the people in a position to help were just ignorant/unaware of such happenings while those lower down who might have botched up things usually try to cover up things or try to wash their hands off the matter- another typical trait of most Indians/humans. :)

nicely put mate...you have inspired me to write a letter to get work done...maybe i need to know how to go about writing a letter to senior person&explaining the probem...if you could just share some few points it would be helpful...

I have had my own expereinces in these govt offices where people do often make fun of youngsters...maybe they won't if they are accompanied by their elders...thats's really frustating:mad:

it does happen in everyday scenario when i go to lammy alone i often get neglected but i don't waste my time begging for prices...the scenario changes if am accompanied with my frnds....

neways coming to topic also i thought of whether writing to peheredar would be helpful...but i has second thoughts since they may say the tarrifs has to be paid for the service provided....

gauravt said:
changed triband plan from dsl 849nu to DSL_TRIB_UNLTD_256KB, still getting speeds of 1.8mbps

this is tempting shud i jump to the unlimited van...:S :ashamed:

but if doesnt happen then i will be left with just 25KBps speed:mad: instead of 2mpbs:mad: :mad:

Laalach buri bala hai:ashamed:

Back