MTNL speed upgraded???

viva1986 said:
MTNL is very smart, for new unlimited broadbrand connections they always give speed of 2MBPS or sometimes 3MBPS for only sometime but after that they downgrade the speed. I also got speed of 3MBPS for 4 months in starting but after that it becomes normal. but still mtnl is best of all unlimted BB services.
I'm getting this speed from few days ago and my connection is more than 3yrs old. They are really really upgrading their speeds.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nit_the_techie said:
This is a marketing strategy of mtnl to attract customers

however later they will give you normal speeds as per plans or even less

and mtnl has anyways has connectivity issues especially in monsoons
Lol, so doubling the speeds earlier was also marketing strategy? At least think twice before you post anything. Check the above like of TRAI and then speak up.

nit_the_techie said:
lol they aren't doubling speeds but making them 4 times

and doubling speeds earlier was an order from TRAI but not this one
TRAI gave the orders to make 2 Mbps as the minimum speed. But ISPs said that it'll be difficult to jump directly from 256Kbps to 2 Mbps thats why they are doing it in two steps. Read the link of article provided above clearly before commenting.

If mtnl would have officially increased the speeds then they would have mentioned it on their website and also they would advertise in newspapers and on tv

even if they planned to increase the speed any article would com in newspapers or on any site

Srirama said:
Can anyone give me a link,that TRAI made the minimum speed 2mbps?

yes please give the link

A few months ago I switched from the 1 GB/month plan to unlimited 320 kbps. For a while I continued to get the speed of the old plan. Then it dropped off to the subscribed speed.

Now since the last few weeks the speed is very slow and frequent connection drop. The telephone line seems noise free. Odd this when others say they are getting better than subscribed speed. Anyone else with this problem?

hmmm...im getting fluctuating speeds between 155KBps to 253 KBps when dnloading from hotfile.... even i was surprised with this... at first i thought it was some speed spike...but getting constant speeds...im on 1mbps ul plan..just hope its not some error or something...

:ashamed::ashamed: OMG !!!! its back to normal for me now !!!! around 530 kbps ..... no more 1.7 megs !!!!:aww::aww::aww: Some one please confirm if still they are getting more thn 1 meg :(

manusag said:
me too back to normal. But in modem config. page its still shows 2mbps but speedtest shows 512kbps. Damn FU mtnl
:mad::mad: soo it was a glitch after all !!!! :hap5: good morning guys !! time to let go of non-buffering youtube videos :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Back