mtnl triband users...need urgent help...plzzzz

^^i tried that but my net connection got disconnected and i had to off and on the modem and change mode to pppoe to start internet again

rak007 said:
My modem is MT882 and i wanted to do port forwarding on the same for utorrent. I checked the below link

Port Forwarding for the Huawei SmartAX MT882

but the UI shown here is different from the one i find when i go to 192.168.1.1

I am not able to find virtual server anywhere. Can anyone please let me know how to go about ??

Use bridge mode :cool2:

Ensure you save settings. And make sure you create a dialer.

^^create dialer ???

how to do that and what does that dialer do ??

I mean currently i just plug in the modem to USB port and use net

I had the same modem before , i think somewhere in tools there is a save all or save to gateway option , click on it and your settings will be saved , then click restart router above it and it should have upnp enabled every time

rak007 said:
^^create dialer ???

how to do that and what does that dialer do ??

I mean currently i just plug in the modem to USB port and use net

you got the modem from MTNL right?

call up 1504.

tell them you want to set up your modem in Bridge mode with a dialer.

They will guide you on exactly what needs to be done.

^^ ok thanks...will call them next weekend (when i go home) and ask for technical help.

I hope they are technically sound enuf to answer such queries. Also after setting the modem in bridge mode would i get good speeds using torrents ?

I told you in the other thread that you are ALREADY getting the fastest possible speeds. I cant understand why you keep asking the same question again and again.

technically sound or not, all the MTNL staff need to do is follow a manual and give you instructions. that is something they do pretty well.

Back