MTNL Unlimited 3G Data Plan Now At Just Rs. 750

can anyone please give me the APN setting the one mentioned in MTNL site is not working for me...also i am getting full 3g signal on my nokia e66 and Huawei e122 data card

@hellgate - No dude, data will work even if balance is less than Rs. 50. I have balance of Rs. 4.50 on my spare SIM and data is working seamlessly.

APNs which can be used in Delhi - ppshsdpa OR pps3g OR gprsppsdel OR mtnl3g. I am not too sure about which one works for pre-paid and which one for postpaid.

hellgate said:
use ppshsdpa.

if its postpaid use mtnl3g or try mtnlhsdpa

If ur account balance is below 50 bucks, data will not work.
I am able to download data in MTNL 3G Prepaid until my account balance reaches zero.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

phoenix844884 said:
@hellgate - No dude, data will work even if balance is less than Rs. 50. I have balance of Rs. 4.50 on my spare SIM and data is working seamlessly.

APNs which can be used in Delhi - ppshsdpa OR pps3g OR gprsppsdel OR mtnl3g. I am not too sure about which one works for pre-paid and which one for postpaid.
For the APN thing, I use pps3g in Prepaid.

comp@ddict said:
I dont know what to believe now, one hand, CC, other hand hellgate's confirmation(actually, I go with hellgate)
In that case, please update us too :)

I have used MTNL 3G sim in roaming before (without 4500 recharge) and I had faced billing issue.

I had Rs.100 balance in my prepaid account. I used data worth Rs. 12 while I was on roaming on BSNL network.

But when I come back in NCR and I was surprised to know that my balance is zero. If I believe MTNL customer care then after using Rs. 12 worth data. There is another download of 90MB of data. This session ended only after my balance got exhausted. On the other hand I remember disconnecting the internet and receiving the message telling me about Rs. 12 data usage as it always comes in prepaid connection.

So, anything can happen with "BSNL + MTNL" combo. :rofl:

Can anyone tell me which one in MTNL site is the prepaid appl form for 3G ? Link will be very helpful

Is it the Trump Application form the prepaid form as the Dolphin seems to be postpaid

Even after unlimted plans are discontinued, delhi users have the option of Super Freedom Plan 249 in Postpaid . Gives Rs. 230 talktime, 500 mb 3G data and 600 local + 600 national sms.

Super Freedom Plan 249 in Postpaid . Gives Rs. 230 talktime, 500 mb 3G data and 600 local + 600 national sms.

i know this one's a great plan

Even after unlimted plans are discontinued

i think based on the popularity, these plans will come back with maybe more punch. maybe this is just a test drive by mtnl on UL(200GB) plans

rishabh.asthana said:
guys need the APN setting for using the sim with data card i have recharged it with 4500 and got the message that i have 200GB of usage left but i cant access net. I have used these APN settings
For prepaid 3G use : APN-pps3g
Username-mtnl Passwrd-mtnl123
I have done the same thing can anybody tell what should be the settings on nokia e5 i am not able to access the net i have prepaid 3G sim

phunsukh said:
Is the mtnl offer available in Mumbai.

AFAIK, no it is not. You could, however, get a SIM from Delhi and then use it on the Mumbai MTNL 3G network. But that does not guarantee speeds or similar pricing. You may be charged heavily for data usage.
crashnburn said:
Where is the Unlimited one for 740/- ?
I posted the link in the last page. You need to contact the local Sanchaar Haat (again link for that is also posted on previous page), and ask them about the deal. It is valid till 30th April 2011.

janes said:
can u tell me how can i use my 3G connection on my pc
Two ways -

1. Use an external USB Modem with the 3G SIM and plug it into your computer to get 3G connection.

2. If using the connection with a phone, then you need to tether your phone to the PC. Can be done through USB cable, bluetooth, or wireless hotspot. Android gives this facility natively, whereas iOS recently enabled it with version 4.3

hellgate said:
Dunno bout the 4500 recharge, but currently i am using it in roaming (Pune) and no balance is getting detucted.
I have recharged with this Rs.4500 offer. As per MTNL sancharhaat aunty, there is no end date of this offer. This plan is applicable all over India.

Later I talked to MTNL Customer care, this guy disagrees that this plan is applicable all over India. We have to pay as per the local data charging rate while roaming.

I finally got the modem and the recharge done on my SIM!! :hap2:

Getting these speeds -

1261924537.png

But I am facing the notorious 'frequent disconnection' issue. Leave the connection idle for 2 minutes and it disconnects, download more than 10MB at a stretch and it disconnects. Contacted the CC regarding this and they are clueless.

EDIT: Now getting these speeds!

1263845371.png

My connection gets disconnected after 2 hours. I have set up redialing, so it gets connected again.

Sometimes if I come back to pc after some hours, I found the internet connected with zero download and upload speeds. In that case I have to disconnect and connect manually to make it work again.

Back