Mumbaiites: What's your electric bill like? (BEST/Rel/Tata)

Just got informed that the billing cycle is getting changed and so the charge was for 50 days instead of 30...

Atleast those guyz should have informed beforehand,

many ppl would have got a heart attack seeing a huge jump in the bill :bleh:

Now i can again use the AC to the fullest..:eek:hyeah:

Got Bill of Rs. 499 last month - 4.75 rs. discount for online payment in time:p

I think it's cheaper here in kolhapur. MSEB FTW:hap2: (i don't mind of daily loadsheding of 3hr & ^-9hrs on Monday)
Talking of unit' used, its 131units.

gforce said:
And what's with the entire bill being in Marathi?

Are you sure it is just in Marathi? No English?

47Shailesh said:
But yeah it's pathetic that the bills are in Marathi

Amien said:
PS: WTF? Marathi? :(

'WTF? Pathetic?' Mind what you say dude! That's not an alien language. That's the official language of Maharashtra whose capital is Mumbai.

its also expansive here in bangalore...no ac just a fridge and a lcd tv which i use for like 2~3 hrs a day and my pc and i get a bill of rs. 1800 +/- rs 200

^^ Not much use, as now close to 40% of the population are Non-Marathi. And dont give that done to death line, that all Mumbaiities should know Marathi, as our language of choice is English, whether you like it or not. Maybe if Marathi was the global language then it would make sense in only having Marathi operations, till thats the case we have a version in our educational language as well as the local language which is "Marathi" in this case.

cool_dude said:
Are you sure it is just in Marathi? No English?

The only semblance of English is my name and the cardinal numbers indicating the total amount that's due. Everything else, including the warnings and payment instructions are in Marathi.

I don't have anything against Marathi but there are millions of people in Maharashtra (including yours truly) who aren't really conversant in the language. If not English, they should've at least printed some stuff in Hindi.

Even i m not against it......But it should be in English as all ppl know how to count currency..and that is English so default english...and optional should be state language and national language.....

i hope saying optional doesnt mean tomm MNS crash my khatara tomm since i said it to b optional.....

I m talking logically since......tomm ull say we want currency in local language etc etc

MAGNeT said:
Even i m not against it......But it should be in English as all ppl know how to count currency..and that is English so default english...and optional should be state language and national language.....
i hope saying optional doesnt mean tomm MNS crash my khatara tomm since i said it to b optional.....
I m talking logically since......tomm ull say we want currency in local language etc etc
lol.. from where MNS came in this discussion?? I guess this rule has been made by the MAHA gov...i know its incorrect ...why dont u complain it would be better for everyone ?:) ....u guys get 2 scared of MNS stuff:p

First of all bills in marathi are pathetic and just imagine people who cannot read marathi, what will they do....I moreover do not like marathi, and bills in marathi wtf...

Also reliance is one of the worst companies I have seen, suck all the money out. messed up with the mobile services and now messing up with electricity!!!!

deaddevil said:
First of all bills in marathi are pathetic and just imagine people who cannot read marathi, what will they do....I moreover do not like marathi, and bills in marathi wtf...
Also reliance is one of the worst companies I have seen, suck all the money out. messed up with the mobile services and now messing up with electricity!!!!

u dont like marathi ?? whats that got to do
its almost sim to hindi and most of people from ssc board have no probs reding few char in marathi
sorry if u r migratant or diff board.. but i guess the sol is to print billls in dual language on same page or diff page

cool_dude said:
'WTF? Pathetic?' Mind what you say dude! That's not an alien language. That's the official language of Maharashtra whose capital is Mumbai.

That's got to be the dumbest thing i've ever heared.
I know it's the state's language, just like Hindi is the national language.
Why wasn't english replaced with hindi/marathi/whatever when the British left us? Why did i study 5 of of 6 subjects in English over these? Why is my written and spoken ability higher in English as compared to these languages?
What is the true value of knowing these languages in today's day and age?

Im not saying English in a country is necessary for progress, look at the Japanese/Koreans/Chinese, unlike us, they actually cared about their heritage, they didn't wake up one day after 60 or so years and decide to re-name cities and carry out BS propaganda just to confuse the hell out of people.

I'll be fine if they give people an option as to what language they want the bill in.

Guys it seems that google has tied up with reliance energy so that we can see the power consumption directly on our pc's. Anyone tried that yet ? Maybe by actually monitoring the usage we can come to know if reliance is overcharging us or not.

Electric bills are skyrocketing, like any other bills... Next Govt. will obviously prioritise power sector, so that every co. involved can make more money.

Reliance is giving an option to have bills in language you prefer; you will need to pursue them a bit, thats all.

I want regional languages to exist and thrive -> I don't want mono culture, theres so much indigenous knowledge in them, which unfortunately will disappear in very next generation...

Amien said:
That's got to be the dumbest thing i've ever heared.
I know it's the state's language, just like Hindi is the national language.
Why wasn't english replaced with hindi/marathi/whatever when the British left us? Why did i study 5 of of 6 subjects in English over these? Why is my written and spoken ability higher in English as compared to these languages?
What is the true value of knowing these languages in today's day and age?

Im not saying English in a country is necessary for progress, look at the Japanese/Koreans/Chinese, unlike us, they actually cared about their heritage, they didn't wake up one day after 60 or so years and decide to re-name cities and carry out BS propaganda just to confuse the hell out of people.

I'll be fine if they give people an option as to what language they want the bill in.
Where's the +ve rep button when you need it? :mad:

Rs. 2100 for April 2k9 on Reliance. However, the bill wildly fluctuates every month. Since the elections are over, the price hike that was with held till now will scorch more than the summer heat!!!

Reliance are surely the worst of the lot. Really high charges amongst the various providers.

Sometime back Reliance had given the consumers an option to receive bills in their choice of language. After opting for english, I have not received any bill in marathi, so Reliance users can check that option out.

If it is only in Marathi, then that's not correct. Many ppl come here and stay for 1/2 years, they may not be knowing the language. Local launguage/Hindi/English is the funda followed in all Indian states, it should be followed here too. But I dunno how this happened in Mumbai, here in Pune the bill comes in Marathi and English.

BTW, about the power bills, what do you guys expect when you keep your AC almost always ON in Mumbai.

I live in a 2BHK room and you will be surprised by the power bill I get. It never crosses 500 and many times, is below 400. We always switch off lights/fans when leaving a room, switch off TV/music system completely(no red lights ON), don't have an AC.

deaddevil said:

Well, that's the reason we don't like YOU. You don't like Marathi, don't come here. Why shouldn't the bills be in Marathi? Your only gripe can be if they don't come in English as well. I absolutely loathe the pricks like you who migrate to a state and don't respect(in fact hate) the local culture. And the funny thing Hindi and Marathi share the same script(Devnagari), if you know Hindi you shouldn't have a problem understanding/reading Marathi.

People bash MNS all the time, is your stance/attitude any different from them?

Back