User Review My experience and simple review of Samsung galaxy watch 4

Hi
About a month and a half back , I had purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 from the Forum itself.
It was meant for a relative who was kinna concerned about a recently diagnosed health issue.
But ultimately he realized he isn't cut out for such a gadget so it came back to me.

Here is my experience.
PXL_20220521_220746710.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220521_220817883.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220521_220906009.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220521_220921541.PORTRAIT.jpg

Cosmetics:
Nice looking watch ( I have the black version and using it with spigen strap), its the watch 4 and not the classic , pretty light.
Screen is great, didn't find any lag in interface, resolution and illumination of the screen is awesome.
Touch sensitivity is fine, the 44mm size is the sweetest one and looks great.
No issues connecting it via BT to my LG G8x Thinq.

Functionality :
The first thing that I did after resetting was install ECG and BP , it was a breeze to get them to work.
so it has BT calling, all notifications access, Spo2, BP, ECG, body composition, heart rate, stress measurement, far too many exercise modes etc.
Initially i was not that hopeful as i had read many reviews and all..
PXL_20220521_220951666.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220521_221000051.PORTRAIT.jpg

Got a couple of updates in last 1 month and after the second update I reset it and reinstalled latest modded ECG and BP apps and I can say each and every reading is pretty fine.
initially the spo2 was kina off, the step count had around 6 to 10% error ( was showing more in steps)

But now i can say everything is satisfactory... step count is good ( may be 5% off compared to my iphone 7 ), spo2 is perfect, BT calling is great ( the speaker is lod enough and i can talk fine with its microphone,, even if modded but the blood pressure and Ecg functions are decent.

Battery backup
Yes as usual with all things android the battery backup is a highly debatable issue, but if you are smart enough and use some usual settings to conserve power, it can last you two days.
PXL_20220521_221345434.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220521_221405742.PORTRAIT.jpg

I have read reports that people are finding it difficult to charge it and they say it takes longer, but I dunno , i took out one of my older US pin Samsung charger that i had got when i had imported the sprint s2 to be used on reliance cdma, that nifty little charging block charges it perfectly fine within 1.5 to 2 hours.

I was not willing to keep it initially as there was no need for me but i think I will be using it now.

thanks for sharing this. The watch has been sitting in the back of my mind for some time now.
Please update it
Do some Initial Setup
Connect to phone and then reset it and conne t it afresh ( tbh this helped me a lot as the readings became more precise thereafter)

Please update it
Do some Initial Setup
Connect to phone and then reset it and conne t it afresh ( tbh this helped me a lot as the readings became more precise thereafter)
Mb. I should've been clearer. Back of my mind as in planning to get a Sammy watch for some time now. Dilemma on whether to wait for Pixel watch or the next sammy watch or wait for watch4/ classic to go on a sale.

Aah, that's a great dilemma to have, can't help there as this is my first smart watch, more of an analogue guy I have been till now.
Have invested close to 1 lac in my analogue ones over the years so that's another dilemma for ne too..

Aah, that's a great dilemma to have, can't help there as this is my first smart watch, more of an analogue guy I have been till now.
Have invested close to 1 lac in my analogue ones over the years so that's another dilemma for ne too..
Yep analogue here too. Seeing a real time normal user review is much better than all the expert reviews.

Nicely done.
May be you can add a few more lines describing the procedure and files used to get the ECG and BP working ; that too on a non Samsung phone.:cool:

Nicely done.
May be you can add a few more lines describing the procedure and files used to get the ECG and BP working ; that too on a non Samsung phone.:cool:
Sure will add details and links by evening.

This is something I am actually curious to know. I see these statements in many watch reviews:

I took SpO2 reading and it is very good/accurate.
Step count is very accurate. (this atleast, one can do by walking for 1000 steps atleast to get error rate).
ECG rating is very accurate.

I had Mi Band, Honor Band, Amazfit GTR 2e and now Apple Watch. The HR accuracy was worst for GTR 2e. Honor Band was okay but it used to show heart beat above 180 sometimes when I was cycling and move it a bit and it would come down to 160s. I have the Apple Watch only for 10 days and I do not have to look for the sweet spot on wrist to get readings (compared to the others). Is it accurate, I do not know at all, unless I use a chest strap style HR monitor and compare the data from both.

When I asked one YT reviewer who is a close friend of mine, he kind of vouched for accuracy of these devices (at that time, Amazfit GTR 2e). When I showed the data that Amazfit accuracy was very bad, the response was 'why would you need accuracy, this just works'. That is a direct U-turn. What I understood that none of the YT reviewers in India do proper accuracy test of these devices (forget about cheap ones from Noise etc). They just assume that as long as it shows some reading, it is accurate.

Unless we have a medical grade device to compare with, how do we know that body readings are accurate? Measuring resting heart rate is very easy. The problem comes when we are doing a workout like lifting, running and cycling where watch keeps on moving and there are these vibrations. Case in point is this guy's videos who compares readings with Polar chest strap for HR and this device is one of the best for accuracy. Here is his review of Galaxy Watch 4, in comparison to devices that are known to show high accuracy.

Last edited:
The ECG functionality seems to be very interesting. Wonder how accurate it is
Well it can't be accurate, until wrist ecg machine or procedure isn't invented in medical field...
What they claim is a general and rather rough idea of the heart beats by which they claim to gauze atrial fibrillation.
They can't diagnose past or currently developing idchaemic heart diseases, and they tell you upfront that this doesn't check for heart attacks...
Talked to my cousin who is a doctor. Even with Apple Watch , it is something they cannot consider.
Yeah true...

Back