My mom has been admitted into the hospital and she needs blood!!! Pls Help.

Any1 with Hades contact number, have found a male person with AB+ blood. Thanks.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Have contacted the hospital directly, and spoken to them and given the contact no of the guy.

^ Great to have helped him so quick.

Hades. if you need anything let me know, sending you my contact number. I might be able to help.

3000 is quite a low number. With platelets transfusion, your mom will be fine. Don't worry bro, she will recover soon. :)

[strike]And the guy has backed out[/strike] since i did not have contact details of Hades. He ought to have posted his number, could have spoken to him at least.
Update:

He contacted the blood bank, and they were confused and said something about a single platelet or something. So he has left for office.

Hades. Dont worry man. everything will be good. My mom too was admitted for Heart Valve transplant. Just last week She came home. we needed 4 Bottles of blood of B+. Hospital arranged all 4 bottles immediately and asked us to donate the 4 bottles in next 4-5 days to SupraTech Blood Bank(Tie Up with them). Friends and Relatives donated.

Cant the hospital arrange for same ? or AB+ is very uncommon blood type ?

My prayers are with you and your mom. She will recover soon buddy. :)

dude i feel bad that in spite of being in mumbai i cant help you (my blood group is A+). All our prayers are with you and your mom at this time of crisis. We pray and sincerely hope that your mom will make a speedy and full recovery.

she seems to have thrombocytopenia and its platelets destructive disease .its autoimmune disease.ask your doctor whther it is itp?

she needs single donor platelet .

mine is a a+ or i could have happily donated.

she needs high dose steroids to tide over crisis and am sure she will recover fast out of it.

may be she will require small operation for spleen.

Hades,

My blood group is ab+ve and if, you are not able to find a person at mumbai in time, gimme a call!

PM'ing you my contact number!

Praying for a fast recovery for your mom :)

pratikb said:
she seems to have thrombocytopenia and its platelets destructive disease .its autoimmune disease.ask your doctor whther it is itp?

she needs single donor platelet .

mine is a a+ or i could have happily donated.

she needs high dose steroids to tide over crisis and am sure she will recover fast out of it.

may be she will require small operation for spleen.

why do u think its ITP???it can be a viral fever which can cause thrombocytopenia...her platelets must have been 30,000..not 3,000 coz with 3000 she would blood internally and its a life threatening condition...with 1 or 2 units of SDP her platelets should get back to normal(above 80 thousand)

My prayers for hades mom...i hope she recovers soon...

My prayers are with you for health of your mom.

my blood group is AB +ve but I am in Surat, really feel sorry about it.

As you have not responded for few hours, it means you are trying to help your mom, whole TE is with you dear. Be patient and be confident she will be fine quickly.

Update:

Spoke to Hades, seems like there is no need for panic for now, all seems to be well. The problem was that his mother had low WBC count. They found a donor today. A single donor might be required tomorrow. Till then all please keep their fingers crossed. Also have given him the contact for Powai.info, just in case.

bhishma said:
why do u think its ITP???it can be a viral fever which can cause thrombocytopenia...her platelets must have been 30,000..not 3,000 coz with 3000 she would blood internally and its a life threatening condition...with 1 or 2 units of SDP her platelets should get back to normal(above 80 thousand)

My prayers for hades mom...i hope she recovers soon...

Yeah 3000 is very less, but I doubt it would be 30000 since blood transfusion isn't really required if 30000.

But then I'm no doctor and don't have much knowledge either so dunno.

@Hades - Is it malaria?

Back