My new Demon ...

^ Thanks Stalker. Living in the US of A,should be more easy for you to get good audio stuff ...Some real steal deals on used gear on head-fi !
By the way guys , I just got my hands on a NuForce uDAC yesterday and with the D2000 it beats the crap out of the EF2A , now I feel that the AH-D2000 are at their very best. Will update original post with the impressions soon.Its about time I change my wallpaper to this one :D.

headfiauralsexgraphicis.png

TBH, I too preferred the udac to the EF2A. :p

Maybe the tube selection was not perfect ? The stock tubes has a bright sound signature and the Mullard tubes has a melow dark signature. And the bass on the EF2A was lacking with both tubes.

After hearing your D2k's i really want one too!!!!

1) Closed back meaning i can use it in office unlike my grado's
2) Excellent Soundstage. Almost as good as the Grado's
3) Sounds awesome straight outta my Laptop.
4) Mids are not that upfront but just right.
5) Bass is not at all boomy.
6) Clear Highs.

Excellent buy!!!
TBH these would last, for the next couple of years.

bennysachdev said:

6) Clear Highs.

Excellent buy!!!

Went to Jaben again :p.

bennysachdev said:

6) Clear Highs.

Excellent buy!!!

They've improved quite a lot since you tried them and sound much better with the uDAC now. You were right ,these are just truly amazing . Plan to use it stock for ~5-6 months and then modded/re-cabled for a few years to come. Also Metalspree's gifting my JMoney Pads for the D2000 when v3 is out :p.

Metalspree said:
Went to Jaben again :p.
^Jaben has a re-cabled one I guess. @Benny , do let me know if you find the one at Jaben better than my stock 2000s.

cravikum said:
metal spree did u pick sumthin from jaben ??? faheem i am planning to meet you this weekend to audition the demons ;)

I did not pick up anything from Jaben Ravi saar.I just auditioned few headphones ,IEM's and met Gautham there.Your are welcome to NZ any time of the year :)

FaH33m said:
They've improved quite a lot since you tried them and sound much better with the uDAC now. You were right ,these are just truly amazing . Plan to use it stock for ~5-6 months and then modded/re-cabled for a few years to come. Also Metalspree's gifting my JMoney Pads for the D2000 when v3 is out :p.
I think they need something more solid than portable.
And yess please don't faack arnd wid dumb mods........not just yet. Sometimes u shud taste the bitter to appreciate the sweet. Use it stock for 6months before you start modding.
FaH33m said:
^Jaben has a re-cabled one I guess. @Benny , do let me know if you find the one at Jaben better than my stock 2000s.
...... That place is like the Ring of Sauron!!!! Must fight temptation!!!

Back