Need a laptop budget : 33k

BF1983 said:
Thanks for all the help guys. Went to Lamington Road today. Couldnt find the Thinkpad R51 in any shop for less than 36k.

Was abt to go for the Compaq 2384 for 33.5k when I came to this small shop that had just one laptop with them. After seeing it, I fell in love but saw that it was a Centrino and so I was about to leave the shop, when he told me the price - 39500 ! for a HP Pavillion DV4000 with Centrino 1.5 Ghz, 256 Mb ddr2, 40 Gb, DVD Combo and 14" widescreen + Original Windows XP Home SP2 ! I couldnt let such a deal pass me by, so I paid him 35k and took one of the shop people home to pay him the balance.

The laptop is just great ! I love the looks and features. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help ! :hap2:

Have fun travelling with ur new notebook.

Hmm, now that I got my laptop I realised I made a hasty decision. Out of my main criteria of small and good battery life, I only got the good battery life (because of Sidestep), but the screen is not 14" widescreen as I thought. After surfing the net I found out that this is a 15.4 inch screen ! .

I was a bit shocked as since the guy had only one laptop in stock I never really noticed the size there. But the screen looks really good and I dont regret my decision, but I feel a bit bad doing so much research and then going for a laptop which I knew nothing about ! Oh well heart sometimes wins over the mind !

Back