Need a Phone - 35k

avi

Skilled
iPhone 4 vs HTC Desire HD (Need a Phone - 35k)

Hi all ! happy new year :hap2:

update : edited the tittle. Now I have to chose iPhone 4 or HTC Desire HD. I am ready to wait for one month [say till feb 1st week] for iPhone 4 to be released. So can anyone tell me

-Advantages of iPhone over Desire HD

-Disadvantages of same.

Thank you :)

--------

I need a phone and I am ready to spend upto 35K. I have shortlisted the phones

-Apple iPhone 4 - 16GB - I can get this around 35k. But as I will be not getting any warranty, I am kinda afraid. What you guys say ? 35K piece of gadget and no warranty :(

-Samsung Galaxy S - No, I didn't liked this. I didn't liked UI nor it's build quality. I could adjust with these things, but camera with no flash ? No. So out of my list.

-Desire HD - Don't know much about this. You guys have to say :) I heard it has terrible battery back up.

-Nexus S - I can get this around 26K. Though it's design is crap I can adjust with it, but again, warranty thing setting me back.

template filled :

1. Q: Budget?

A: upto 35-36K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Touch screen, no physical qwerty.

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: SLCD, AMOLED, SAMOLED, IPS

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: No LG / Motorola please

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 3MP or better camera. Flash must.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android or iOS

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, Wifi

So what you guys say ? Thank you :)

avi said:
even I had decided to got with it only, but warranty thing setting me back. 35k and no warranty :(

Not build. say software problem or if phone goes kaput while JB-ing or any out of the box issues etc.
I think the chance of any of these happening are equal to the chance of the phone falling and going kaput.

If you get a FU piece, unlocking is not an issue, and as far as JB is concerned, do not try anything in Beta stage, like the current JB for 4.2.

If you buy from RamPagE then he might be able to guide you with out of box issues and other queries. I bought 1 iPhone 4 from him recently.

mjumrani said:
I think the chance of any of these happening are equal to the chance of the phone falling and going kaput.
If you get a FU piece, unlocking is not an issue, and as far as JB is concerned, do not try anything in Beta stage, like the current JB for 4.2.
If you buy from RamPagE then he might be able to guide you with out of box issues and other queries. I bought 1 iPhone 4 from him recently.
Then you say that there are no chances of issues, hmm that's good :)

I have some other arrangements to get phone, if that fails then I'd be contacting him.
RS4 said:
Go for iphone 4, If you dont want the hassles of jailbreaking,unlocking etc then get the factory unlocked version.
Yeah, but problem is of warranty and serviced. Found out Factory Unlocked can't be serviced in India :( That's why I am scared.

thats the risk which you have to take if you want to go for an iphone 4 in india as by the time airtel,vodafone will launch iphone4, iphone 5 will be launched in other countries.

Its a possibility, albeit a small one.

And every month there is rumor iPhone 4 is launching next month. I don't expect it anytime soon. And iPhone 5 is around 6 months away from US launch.

Galaxy S's camera is paltry. THe phone gets stuck while opening videos. It froze on me for 15 seconds while trying to play not HD but a standard definition video. The UI is a bad copy of iPhone and the Live Wallpaper is a humbug.

raymasky said:

But what are cons of Desire HD apart from it's battery life.
salluks said:
what about moto droidx??

No Moto. And in Gsmarena, it's mentioned no gprs & edge, wth ! Motorola DROID X - Full phone specifications

arun687 said:
If you're worried about Nexus S's warranty, then do check this.

Samsung Nexus S Price India, Samsung Nexus S Review & Features, Buy Samsung Mobiles - Infibeam.com

I don't know if it's true or it at all they're going to deliver it at that price, but it's listed with manufacturer warranty as well.

Would be good to have Gingerbread straight out of the box and all future updates first, atleast for about a year.

They always does like that. First they mention low cost and when actually phone arrives, they increase the price.

comp@ddict said:
The UI is a bad copy of iPhone

I agree.

smnrock said:
How reliable is infibeam? Desire Z is @ 17K :p

Sent from my Desire HD

It is reliable, but they have mentioned "Coming Soon", when it actually comes, they increase the price. You have Desire HD ??? Can you tell me how it is ? It's cons etc

for me only -ve point is the screen due to the nature of LCD :( since my previous device is htc legend(amoled), comparing with this dhd screen looks washed out... lack of contrast. BTW just 2 days back i bought.. and android 2.2 is not new for me :)

smnrock said:
for me only -ve point is the screen due to the nature of LCD :( since my previous device is htc legend(amoled), comparing with this dhd screen looks washed out... lack of contrast. BTW just 2 days back i bought.. and android 2.2 is not new for me :)

Oh, how's battery back up ? My daily usage is 7-8 hours GPRS/EDGE [not 3G or WiFi], 60-70 texts, 30 mins call
swordfish said:
Get hd2.. only drawback is battery life..

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
It has windows :mad:

^ come on man, HD2 can boot android from SD card as well as from direct loader.. android runs smooth and flowlessly in large screen of HD2 because of its massive power.. it can boot ubuntu too.. soon WP7 too ;)

Back