Need a Phone - 35k

avi

Skilled
iPhone 4 vs HTC Desire HD (Need a Phone - 35k)

Hi all ! happy new year :hap2:

update : edited the tittle. Now I have to chose iPhone 4 or HTC Desire HD. I am ready to wait for one month [say till feb 1st week] for iPhone 4 to be released. So can anyone tell me

-Advantages of iPhone over Desire HD

-Disadvantages of same.

Thank you :)

--------

I need a phone and I am ready to spend upto 35K. I have shortlisted the phones

-Apple iPhone 4 - 16GB - I can get this around 35k. But as I will be not getting any warranty, I am kinda afraid. What you guys say ? 35K piece of gadget and no warranty :(

-Samsung Galaxy S - No, I didn't liked this. I didn't liked UI nor it's build quality. I could adjust with these things, but camera with no flash ? No. So out of my list.

-Desire HD - Don't know much about this. You guys have to say :) I heard it has terrible battery back up.

-Nexus S - I can get this around 26K. Though it's design is crap I can adjust with it, but again, warranty thing setting me back.

template filled :

1. Q: Budget?

A: upto 35-36K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Touch screen, no physical qwerty.

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: SLCD, AMOLED, SAMOLED, IPS

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: No LG / Motorola please

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 3MP or better camera. Flash must.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android or iOS

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, Wifi

So what you guys say ? Thank you :)

Yeah, I will just copy paste here :

I urgently need a phone now [my current phone went kaput], I was searching for Android phones and I have decided not to buy it unless it's Google Dev Phone, as no news of Nexus S India, I thought to buy a cheap Android device and later I can buy Android.

So my question is, will I able to experience Android to fullest ? New apps will for 2.3 [or 2.2], will Galaxy 3 or LG O1 able to handle them ?

Would suggest orange san francisco aka zte blade over any other for under15k. You can get it for 9-10k from UK. See hot deals thread for more info.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

I would suggest you consider the new phones that will be launched at CES. Experia Arc, LG Optimus Black and Moto Terminator look VERY promising. Also there's LG Optimus 2X with Tegra2.

laemo said:
I would suggest you consider the new phones that will be launched at CES. Experia Arc, LG Optimus Black and Moto Terminator look VERY promising. Also there's LG Optimus 2X with Tegra2.

They all will be having price tag of 25k+. So.

nehaladsul said:
I lost track of this thread for a while...

What happened?? U wanted a phone for 35k or so... So, why are people suggesting the O1 and the San Francisco??

I decided to wait for iPhone 4 and for time being settle with cheap andro device. I can spend max 13K [so that later I can buy iPhone :p] So I have shortlisted three phones :

1. ZTE Blade - Does 256K screen is much noticable difference ?

2. Galaxy 3 - [as said by you] Weird screen resolution, but will I be able to run max apps ?

3. LG Optimus One - Same as blade. Just budget difference and 16M color screen.

I could have gone with iTouch + Desire, but my main usage will be Internet, eBooks and RSS. So I thought it's better wait for iPhone 4.

Dude take my word, waiting for iPhone 4 now is plain stupidity! You buy it now or else wait...for iPhone 5!

Because if you buy iPhone even in Feb by spending ~40k, you will definitely regret of not waiting as iPhone 5 with better features will be launched within 3-4 months of your purchase.

I personally know some 15+ iphone users(from 2G to 4) nobody(including me) had any issues with it. You are unnecessarily getting scared about the warranty crap.

Its totally your wish now :)

I not am scared dude, my parents not letting me to buy :( can't convince them...

and iPhone 5 still not confirmed, it may release or may not this year. So...

Thing is I am myself confused too much :(

^^You can expect the US/UK launch of iphone 5 in june 2011 as apple launches a new phone every year at the same time,so it doesnt make sense to wait for an iphone4.

RS4 said:
^^You can expect the US/UK launch of iphone 5 in june 2011 as apple launches a new phone every year at the same time,so it doesnt make sense to wait for an iphone4.

Yeah, you're right. But problem is I can't buy iPhone without warranty [constraints from parents], so I have to buy iP4 only :(

rockyhalo said:

I expect it's price would be 30K+. I feel iPhone is better. If they launch at cheaper price [which they never gonna do], then I will buy it :)

Back