Budget 71-90K Need advise for components to build a new high end gaming and productivity system and need tips/guides for windows and bios optimisation.

Yes CSM is legacy bios support and must be disabled. Make sure you are booting off UEFI/GPT.
Dont know about 4g decode, but it must be in bios too as tool says.
What is the 3rd thing ? I don't see any screenshot.
It’s strange that the pics didn’t get attached.
Third thing that GPU-Z was showing NO was to actually enable resizeable bar in BIOS.
Here it is. 2 images.

Attachments

• IMG_8758.jpeg
    IMG_8758.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8757.jpeg
    IMG_8757.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 86
NHD15 cant handle a 13700k unless you put a very big undervolt.. i'm talking atleast 0.12-0.15 offset.

my 12700F was fine with an NHD15, with a 240mm aio it had better temps.

13700K with a 240mm AIO at default with MCE enabled is instant thermal throttling in cpu benchmarks or games like Battlefield with high cpu usage etc.. so it will be definetly worse for you with a NHD15.. (these results of mine are with a thermal right contact frame installed.)

I wuould choose a ASUS mothherboard as they simply have the best bios capibility of all motherboards IMO.

if we are going the AMD way i would still suggest you get an AIO since all these new chips will keep pumping voltages untill there is thermal headroom for better performance.. so more thermal headroom does not hurt in anyway.

NHD15 cant handle a 13700k unless you put a very big undervolt.. i'm talking atleast 0.12-0.15 offset.

my 12700F was fine with an NHD15, with a 240mm aio it had better temps.

13700K with a 240mm AIO at default with MCE enabled is instant thermal throttling in cpu benchmarks or games like Battlefield with high cpu usage etc.. so it will be definetly worse for you with a NHD15.. (these results of mine are with a thermal right contact frame installed.)

I wuould choose a ASUS mothherboard as they simply have the best bios capibility of all motherboards IMO.

if we are going the AMD way i would still suggest you get an AIO since all these new chips will keep pumping voltages untill there is thermal headroom for better performance.. so more thermal headroom does not hurt in anyway.
I am going with AMD 7800X3D.
Yes indeed I too prefer ASUS for the same reasons as yours and plus the reliability/durability of TUF series mobos are incredible.
Even for a 7800X3D which is a quite efficient cpu, you still think NHD15 is not enough? And which AIO do you recommend for the the new AMD chips and something that will hold well for a long time.

I am going with AMD 7800X3D.
Yes indeed I too prefer ASUS for the same reasons as yours and plus the reliability/durability of TUF series mobos are incredible.
Even for a 7800X3D which is a quite efficient cpu, you still think NHD15 is not enough? And which AIO do you recommend for the the new AMD chips and something that will hold well for a long time.
it really depends.. for that chip it should be enough i think atleast for gaming loads no personal experience on my end tho.

Deepcool LT series is a very good AIO.. looks good, its cheap and performs amongst the top AIO's.

Personally if i was in your shoes if you have a 3200C14 32gb ram i would have stuck with it and just upgraded my mobo to a z690 + 13700k and saved alot of money.

it really depends.. for that chip it should be enough i think atleast for gaming loads no personal experience on my end tho.

Deepcool LT series is a very good AIO.. looks good, its cheap and performs amongst the top AIO's.

Personally if i was in your shoes if you have a 3200C14 32gb ram i would have stuck with it and just upgraded my mobo to a z690 + 13700k and saved alot of money.
I am actually thinking for long term future proofing. AM5 support is there till at least another 4 years or more I guess. Thanks for your suggestions though :blush:

Last edited:
future proofing doesnt exist.. if you had a ryzen 2600 would you put a 5800x3d in that same motherboard with the same ram? but sure doesnt hurt to try.
I know 2 gamers who had R5 2600 + B450, one upgraded to 5800X & other upgraded to 5600. Both got a good boost to gaming performance as they were getting CPU bottlenecked (they upgraded GPU earlier, one to 3080 from 1060 & other guy had R9 390 maybe, then got 3080). So, some future proofing does exist.

future proofing doesnt exist.. if you had a ryzen 2600 would you put a 5800x3d in that same motherboard with the same ram? but sure doesnt hurt to try.
Why not? There would be no difference in performance when you put a 5800X3D in a B350 or an X570. RAM isn't a problem either, most people went with single 8GB 3200 memory 4 years back. Besides, even if people had lower clocked sticks, it's not that new memory sticks would break the bank.

AM4 helped many in extending life of their PCs with a CPU upgrade, instead of swapping the whole platform. Future proofing is most definitely not dead.

because then you are leaving performance on the table with things like lower clocked rams.. not having pcie gen 4 nvme support when they upgraded to a better processor.. most cheap b450 also didnt have good vrms.. didnt have good audio chips and stuff like that. things have surely changed now.. but we dont know how the future is going to turn out.. new stuff will always come out nobody knows what else is next in the PC industry.

because then you are leaving performance on the table with things like lower clocked rams.. not having pcie gen 4 nvme support when they upgraded to a better processor.. most cheap b450 also didnt have good vrms.. didnt have good audio chips and stuff like that. things have surely changed now.. but we dont know how the future is going to turn out.. new stuff will always come out nobody knows what else is next in the PC industry.
B450 didn't have good VRMs to handle 5950X in productivity tasks for sure. But for gamers, its enough. My friend with 5800X + B450 just tuned the CPU a bit & his productivity tasks doesn't involve running the CPU at 100% for extended duration, so the mobo is fine for him. Similarly, my friends had 3200MHz RAM, so is still decent. Lack of Gen4 NVMe is not ideal but most don't need it. DirectStorage for games is still not widespread, other productivity tasks will run fine on good Gen3 NVMes. B450 surely has old tech, but not old enough to be a dealbreaker, so they didn't upgrade mobo or even RAM.

ok, so it should be simple bios selection for all. Anyway, performance uplift will be minimal with Nvidia.
Any reason why performance will be minimal with Nvidia? You mean the performance gain will be less if resizable bar is enabled for Nvidia cards compared to AMD?
Or are you taking about the performance of combination of AMD CPU with an Nvidia GPU?

Any reason why performance will be minimal with Nvidia? You mean the performance gain will be less if resizable bar is enabled for Nvidia cards compared to AMD?
Or are you taking about the performance of combination of AMD CPU with an Nvidia GPU?
Just saying that nvidia gpu does not seem to improve much by it overall.
Look at this test. Just went through it again, it seems some games improved and in some it got worse. But this test was done sometime back and things may have changed for the better.
Intel gpus i think massively benefits from this ( or you could say it gets much worse without it).

Anyway, just enable it and enjoy your games.

Try your noctua D15 first. As mentioned earlier, it doesnt consume much power and can cool upto 200w parts, which is basically what an undervolted i7 is.
Or the Deepcool LT520 or LT720 are good options as well.

Try your noctua D15 first. As mentioned earlier, it doesnt consume much power and can cool upto 200w parts, which is basically what an undervolted i7 is.
I have heard great things about the Arctic freezer ii as it’s very silent as well. How would you rate that for the AMD 7800X3D.

I have heard great things about the Arctic freezer ii as it’s very silent as well. How would you rate that for the AMD 7800X3D.
Yeah its great, but overkill as well. Heck, an air cooler will run just as silent (or even quieter) and cool as the arctic freezer as well, since it doesnt have an extra 120 mm fan and a pump block.

+1

Actually use your current cooler, if it feels inadequate just add 2nd fan to make it an NH D15. I forgot you had a Noctua cooler, no need to buy AK620.

Arctic Freezer II is indeed a great AIO but seems like there's some supply issue with Arctic products in India right now.

Back