PC Peripherals Need an ergonomic chair

cyberjunkie dude can you post a review on your chair including the pics ;) Also any suggestions from where can i get a gud chair in delhi i think i also need one ....my old chair is broken and somehow still managing with tht chair...

Switch said:
If any of you want a good chair in Noida then let me know...

I have asked you about a computer table once before switch, and now i am asking you for a chair too. If you do have some pictures etc. switch it would be great. I am also looking for a decent chair but not looking to give showroom prices.

even a godrej chair wont last long for us heavyweights :p been there done that.my problem is that the back of the chair keeps getting screwed. get a cheapo chair and keep replacing it. there are some cheap chairs that are still ergonomic just go around shops and start browsing (sitting)

cyberjunkie said:
I bought one a week back from a shop here in Vashi that has just office chairs and furniture. Paid ~5.5k. Not the most stylish nor is it made by some super brand but its very cool.

It has a high backrest going all the way upto my head when sitting. Hydraulic (standard in almost all chairs) and it goes up enough to squeeze my legs between the chair and table :p It reclines back more than most chairs I've seen but the most killer feature on it is the backrest locking mechanism which means you don't have to push yourself constantly or shift your weight to keep the seat in that position. I have the backrest locked into a fairly upright position while browsing and generally working on the PC, a little more reclined while playing games or racing :p and when its time to watch some movies or TV eps, back goes the seat fully like a car/airline seat (or better :D). The seat also points up a tiny bit so you can place a stool in front to put your feet. You can actually fall asleep on it and I have have!

Make sure your chair has the backlocking thingie! It's pretty awesome!
Would really appreciate it if you could post some pics of this chair. :)

Guys!

I think i've found what i've been looking for... It's called the Leoma. The MRP. is around 12k, i'm sure we can get it for less. Gotta go to a Godrej Lifespace store and check it out personally. Test the ergonomics etc.

godrejleomani5.jpg

First time posting an image, hope I get this right.

Cheers!

Link: http://godrejlifespace.com/ProdSpecs.aspx?dumCode=FU9M01AXW00STISH

Like I said, it's not the most fanciest chair with all the latex and velvet bits but here are the pics to demonstrate what I've been saying.

Armrests aren't padded as you can see but they can be added if needed I guess. The base is metal unlike most cheaper chairs which have the plastic fibre material. I thought of buying some thick soft cushioning to put on the top to the bottom when I bought the chair, I might go get that sometime.

Wherever you are, if you're buying a chair try out one with the locking feature. Also look for ones with long backrests so you can rest your head on it. This one is fairly wide too. I can just about fold my legs and sit on the chair if I want. Oooh Oooh and the seating positions go well with the Logitech Momo so it makes it great for racing sims online :tongue:

looks good cyber, thanks for posting the pics. can you tell me the name of the shop and it's exact location. might be worth making a trip to vashi and checking the place out before I make my purchase. as of now i'm really thinking of going for a godrej chair.

cheers!

It's on the ground floor of a building called Vardhaman Market in Sector 17, which is a 5 minute walk from Vashi bus depot. Ask for Andhra Bank or St. Lawrence School as landmarks. I think the shop is called Shiv Office Chairs and Furniture. They just have office chairs and a few desks and stuff, nothing fancy.

If its of any help, it's right under the + Wikimapia

Now that you're in Vashi you might as well go to Axiom which is another 5mins walk further ahead from Vardhaman Market away from the Bus Depot. That building is called Arenja Corner and the shop is on the outer edge of the building on the ground floor. It's a much bigger general furniture place. Wikimapia link - Wikimapia

As far as ergonomics are concerned.. look for one with a curve for the back.. and definitely look for adjustable height for the chair as well as the the arm rest (comes very handy for keyboard usage). I got a a one like this (not the exact model) for 4.5K (a steal) .. Notice the curve for the back and a adjustable arm rest.. some of the higher end ones also come with horizontal adjustment of arm rest too.. basically.. a chair should be adjustable to the maximum extent possible.. since u're gonna spend a lot of time on it..

voidzero said:
Hey Guys,

Been around here [TE forum] for the last couple of weeks and having a great time. Thing is i'm in the market for a good ergonomic chair. I'm really sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, but I really didn't know where to post it... found this section the most relevant.

What I would like you guys to do is give me some info on what chairs you use and where they got em' from. I'm sure this will be a great help to all around here, as a good ergonomic chair has a very important role to play is most of our lives. I've seen some good ones in the rig gallery of some ppl.

So yeah i'm really looking forward to some info on where I can get me a good one. Pics would be most welcome if possible.

Cheers!

Didnt read the entire thread, so if this Qs has already been asked ..

cyberjunkie said:
It's on the ground floor of a building called Vardhaman Market in Sector 17, which is a 5 minute walk from Vashi bus depot. Ask for Andhra Bank or St. Lawrence School as landmarks. I think the shop is called Shiv Office Chairs and Furniture. They just have office chairs and a few desks and stuff, nothing fancy.

If its of any help, it's right under the + Wikimapia

Now that you're in Vashi you might as well go to Axiom which is another 5mins walk further ahead from Vardhaman Market away from the Bus Depot. That building is called Arenja Corner and the shop is on the outer edge of the building on the ground floor. It's a much bigger general furniture place. Wikimapia link - Wikimapia

Thanks a ton for your help cyber, will definitely try and check these places out before I make my purchase.

If you're in Bangalore, I suggest you check out PAN furniture on Langford road. Website is Pan Office Systems - Furniture Bangalore

They've a lot of models with different price points. Their prices are correct and the chairs are imported from Malaysia. (Godrej is selling the same stuff for more than thrice the cost). You will be shocked to see a 12K chair available for 3K (or less) in this shop. Build quality is as per price.

If you really want quality stuff and there's ErgoTech at Domlur(next to Honda showroom). Here, you'll find chairs you won't find elsewhere. Their quality is good for eg: wheels is much better. They provide a nice black metal base for the chair on some models.(everywhere else I looked, the base is either plastic or stainless steel finish metal. I wanted black metal.). They also let you choose the chair fabric colour from a variety of shades.
Their chairs are very expensive though(almost as bad as Godrej pricing) and they are not very helpful. i.e. they don't give discount or provide home delivery.

I bought a chair from Ergo-Tech for 5.5K. It works well and is quite comfortable.

blr_p said:
Thx sydras for the recommendation, will check them out.

Shivajinagar is full of cheap junk!

Always glad to be of help. I went to Shivajinagar yesterday for some personal work. I saw a couple of high back chairs with street side vendors that looked ok. But yes, better to stay off stuff from there. The quality is always questionable with those street side vendors and service would be non-existent. I don't even think they give a bill.

Back