PC Peripherals Need an ergonomic chair

aeron_chair_ae111pwxn2.jpg

I can get you something similar if not the same for almost 6K +- 500... If interested do let me know...

But remember one thing... This thing collects a lot of dust... And its a pain to clean it... Do let me know if you guys are interested...

I personally prefer a stiff back chair without wheels n all and one which is not exactly perpendicular but almost straight, keeps my back peppy n happy :p
all other so called ergonomics chair give me backache badly.

Switch said:
aeron_chair_ae111pwxn2.jpg

I can get you something similar if not the same for almost 6K +- 500... If interested do let me know...

But remember one thing... This thing collects a lot of dust... And its a pain to clean it... Do let me know if you guys are interested...

you're kidding right?

Switch said:
But remember one thing... This thing collects a lot of dust... And its a pain to clean it...

An interesting point given where we live. :cool2: and also any imitations won't be using the actual pellicle used with the aeron.

Here's what the makers of the chair i posted recommend...

Pellicle (special web like cloth covering the seated area)

Normal Cleaning
For normal cleaning, vacuum fabric as needed. Vacuuming picks up dust and reduces the need for professional cleaning. Do not brush fabric or use a vacuum attachment with a rotary brush. Brushing may permanentaly damage the nap or change the character of the fabric.

Spot Cleaning
There are two types of stains: water-based and oil-based. Water-based stains are non-greasy soil or stain such as coffee, soft drinks, fruit juices, or milk. Oil-based stains are oil-borne soil or stains such as lipstick, grease, or salad dressing. For water-based stains, use a water-based cleaner (specifically made for cleaning fabric) or a solution of mild (alkaline) warm soapy water (not overly soapy) applied with a damp clean cloth or sponge. Work the cleaner into a lather or foam. Never use hot water, it will set the stain. Avoid scrubbing. For oil-based stains, use a dry cleaning solution applied with a damp clean cloth or sponge.

To spot-clean fabric, immediately soak up the stain with a soft absorbent cloth. Do not dry the stain completely or it may set. The longer a stain is allowed to remain on a fabric, the more difficult it is to remove. Test the cleaning solution on a small, concealed area first. If there is no spotting, ringing, or damage to the fabric or its dyes, apply the cleaning solution to the soiled area with light, quick strokes. Begin at the outside of the stain and work toward the center, being careful not to over-saturate the fabric. Do not rub too vigorously or you may damage the nap of the fabric or break fibers. Several light applications are better than one heavy application. Soak up all remaining cleaning solution and then use another clean cloth or sponge to remove any residue. (For water-based stains, use a clean cloth or sponge dipped in cool water.) Let fabric dry thoroughly and then vacuum well before using. If the stain resists cleaning, call a professional cleaner.
Large Areas
If large areas are soiled, have a professional cleaning firm clean the fabric with a dry compound upholstery shampoo

Sorry to have bumped an old thread. I need a new chair and something in the likes of this one -

167714e9e57013a5fc.jpg

I am willing to spend up to 15k if the need be, since I spend a LOT of time sitting in front of my system or the TV. :ashamed:

Godrej Interio has something different with a dedicated head-rest (model - LEOMA 9M01) but I am not sure how comfortable would the seating be. Even cleaning such a chair once in a while is going to be a PITA due to its build. I would rather prefer one with the imitation/art leather finish with a LOT of cushion for the back rest and seats.

Can you guys pour in some suggestions? Like the model, make, pricing etc. Many thanks in advance!

Gannu, i have a somewhat similar chair of the image you posted. Got it for 5k from gurgaon ( ghitorni ).

[attachment=9851:16638.attach]

Attachments

• 19102011702.jpg
    19102011702.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 348
^Looks pretty good! How is the comfort? And my colleague here says some chairs come with lockable casters but I personally haven't seen one till date on chairs. I have seen those on TV racks though. Thanks for the snap man! :)

I came across this site - Chairwale

And liked this one - Director High Back Chair

Unsure who is the maker but it does look good and comfortable and they have a robust guarantee and exchange policy in place. Their no-frill site looks neat too. I'll shoot them a mail and see if they can deliver one to Surat. Else I may have to scout around Surat for some local suppliers.

Some testimonials of Chairwale can be read here - Testimonials

super comfy chair.

the area where i bought the chair from is full of manufacturers who supply to shops all over Delhi. i must have tried 50 chairs before i picked this one. these were selling for 6k in many shops

well if someone needs the contact info of the dealer, ill pm it.

You want the best chairs...head out to herman miller. I used one of these for a couple of years in one of the offices that I worked in. The best office chairs money can buy. Its now available in India as well....there is one shop in Bangalore for sure.

puns said:
super comfy chair.

the area where i bought the chair from is full of manufacturers who supply to shops all over Delhi. i must have tried 50 chairs before i picked this one. these were selling for 6k in many shops

well if someone needs the contact info of the dealer, ill pm it.

Hi Puns,

Can you share the contact info of the dealer please? Also if possible, share the Google map location link also. I am searching for a decent chair myself and have shortlisted a few in Staples and Hometown. Would like to checkout the Ghitorni side too before making the purchase.

Thanks,

StillWaters

Gannu: I am looking for a chair as well, my back has been killing me now.

Did you order anything from chairwale?

Or found one locally...?

I will be going hunting for one now, if I find nothing then I might have to order from Chairwale thats why asking...

:)

^Got no response from Chairwale. :(

Went scouting around for a good chair here at Surat during the Diwali holidays and ended up placing an order for a recliner! :p

There were some Diwali offers from Housefull and saw a decent art leather recliner retailing for 11,000 INR. Placed an order for that. Should be delivered and installed by the weekend. After a second thought, I chose the recliner over the chair since I spend most of the time in front of the TV over the system.

House Full

PS: Note that the brown recliner is available in black/brown art leather as well.

StillWaters said:
Hi Puns,

Can you share the contact info of the dealer please? Also if possible, share the Google map location link also. I am searching for a decent chair myself and have shortlisted a few in Staples and Hometown. Would like to checkout the Ghitorni side too before making the purchase.

Thanks,

StillWaters

Royal Arts

Tel: 41422369

call them for the address.

I am currently using a Sofa kinda Chair, my monitor is my TV :) but its on a desk so need a decent chair, I only realized that this is no good after an all nighter of BF3 when the next morning my back was killing me. Don't as home I managed so far infact it has been fine till now, and really good for PS3 but not so good for Kby/mouse usage. I dont think a recliner would do for me :(

Anyone form Pune...knows where to get a good office chair?

puns said:
Gannu, i have a somewhat similar chair of the image you posted. Got it for 5k from gurgaon ( ghitorni ).

View attachment 17956
Wow that looks identical to one I have. Although I have the chair that gannu posted above yours. 15k bloody damn good but I keep wondering if there are better for lower. Since I got it from Home town it was bound to be overpriced.

I have found really good ones in home town and fairly decent ones in Staples. Do check them out.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Back