Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Discussion Thread

12 hours of mildly frustrating gameplay to get to number 1, and no incentive to keep playing afterwards?

Still, could be worse. Hot Pursuit and Run were both terrible. This one was a little tougher, though the final boss race is anticlimatic, almost - just like most of the other boss races. It's not racing if you can beat an Aventador with a Carrera, inspite of the fact that they have levelled off cars quite a lot compared to earlier iterations of the arcade series (unlike Shift or Shift 2, where performance caps are far more real).

Like the fact that you have to hunt down your rides rather than progressively unlock them, but after the first boss race it's mostly a case of using boss cars to beat other boss cars, and a few other found vehicles to hit the SP required to activate the boss races. I ended up using two boss cars and about 7 other cars to get all the races activated and won.

Sound is good but I don't know about the soundtrack, not into music while racing. World is exquisitely detailed. Pity about the limited single player, but I guess that was designed into the game to keep folks buying legit and logging in for MP action.

Definitely not as good as the original MW in gameplay terms, though much more refined in many ways. I'm also a big fan of Burnout and was hoping for more of Burnout action (stunts etc) in this franchise, which would have helped eke out a little more life from the title for single players.

@Gannu.. u better get this legit else i am deleting u from fb :p

enjoying my lambo so far.. i wonder why origin still hasn't put this up for buying :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed yesterday, and played a bit.
No pursuit breakers, no cooldown zone <-- these two factors kills the game.
Expected a lot more. :-/

I installed this on my win 8 PC and I am not getting the full screen didn't check thoroughly but for now I didn't find any setting to make it full screen. Any win 8 Facing same problem as me.

i have good rig with a oc'ed 560 ti,and this game runs on ~35 fps avg. with all high settings on 720p,wtf?the game looks at most 5-7% better than the run of hot pursuit but they ran at 60 fps comfortably,bad optimisation by criterion,piece of shit game.

This game is so hard when played on the keyboard, steering the cars are very very difficult. Need to get the hang of it. This game makes me look like a complete noob ( used to be pro on NFS:MW,NFS:Carbon,NFS:UG and Dirt series ) :p
I think they implemented some new steering mechanics :confused1: :23:

^^^use xbox controller like i do

- - - Updated - - -

I installed this on my win 8 PC and I am not getting the full screen didn't check thoroughly but for now I didn't find any setting to make it full screen. Any win 8 Facing same problem as me.

i faced this prob with just cause 2,never resolved it.at best set your native screen res and auto-hide the taskbar,then at least you get all the pixels...

This game is so hard when played on the keyboard, steering the cars are very very difficult. Need to get the hang of it. This game makes me look like a complete noob ( used to be pro on NFS:MW,NFS:Carbon,NFS:UG and Dirt series ) :p
I think they implemented some new steering mechanics :confused1: :23:

Not at all. Just remember to account for the fact that you have to steer towards the apex instead of at it like the older arcades. I beat the Agera in 10 hours after starting the game, and most of that was due to learning the new layouts. Now I guess it ca be done in half the time.

Back