Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Discussion Thread

Got the demo for PS3 -

The presentation is meh!
The cars don't feel good.
Plays too much like Burnout.

The biggest drawback for me that it looks awful.

Not deleting right now but I'm sure when I have a space crunch this demo will be the first casualty. HotPursuit was better.

does this game even use cf or sli?goddamn it,a HD 5970 gave me no benefits in fps above a single 5870.and even a 5870 should be enough to drive this POS on 720p.
MOST ANNOYING THING EVER(like i will punch through my monitor if am enraged enough): WHY THE FUQ THE GAME STOPS TO ZOOM ON EVERY GODDAMN CRASH!!!(AND Y THE FUQ DO I CRASH SO MUCH?? :bomb::bomb: ),it's like i can't play for more than 5 seconds before the game has to zoom into my car and gladly declare "you fuQing Crashed,and nothing says crashed more than stopping the game for a few seconds just to zoom into the car and say CRASHED :bomb:",and we even have the long highways and the billboards from burnout in this game!!(not to mention the boost,and the "crashed" :bomb:),the only thing criterion didn't bring from burnout are good fps.the game should be called "Need Of Criterion:Burnout wanted".

Fired up the game once more, roamed around Fairhaven, completed a few races and defeated the last 3 racers from the blacklist. Looks like the game has Burnout plastered all over it. :p

But not a bad thing certainly. There are however a few gripes. What we are missing from the original MW title are those real-life character based blacklist racers (in this title, we do not know who drives the car) so the incentives to beat the racer goes down by a couple of notches. The types of races are also limited to a select few - sprint, circuit, speed runs and ambush. Soundtracks are okay - better than The Run but not as good as Hot Pursuit or the original MW - more of dubstep and hip-hop based tracks. It took me a while to get used to the controls using the controller and the stock Corvette ZR1 used to crash too often. Those crash animation sequences started pissing me off real bad! I wish there was an option to skip the animation and quickly reset the car back to the road.

The classic rubber-band AI returns - slam the opponent/cop car and race past them, they will chase you within seconds. Roadblocks and spike strips return. At higher heat levels, Corvettes and SUVs are dispatched by the cops. The Corvettes can drop spike strips during an active chase and catch us unaware. But if the car is equipped with reinflatable tires (available as an upgrade) the deflated tires would reinflate itself after a brief pause. The lack of pursuit breakers in the game is a major flaw - the only way to get rid of the cops is to outrun them during a chase which gets progressively harder during higher heat levels.

The EasyDrive feature is a godsend! Quickly navigate through a lot of options within the game - unlocked cars, customisations and upgrades, races while driving the car without going into a different menu by pausing the gameplay. Anyways, the game becomes a bit easier after the first few races - had a Countach before and ditched it for the Corvette which had a slightly better control and power. :p Not the worst NFS title for me though - that would be The RUN! I'd best not mention about that now.

Was doing a burnout by reversing and accelerating at the same time (LT + RT) and to my surprise, the tires burst after a while leaving the rims sparking. Quite realistic lol! :lol:

6 hours done on the counter, beaten the next 3 racers from the blacklist, entered the top 5 and things have become a lot easier now. Unlocked the Pro variants for most of the components of the Corvette ZR1 and this car has become insanely powerful and unbalanced! :p

The ZR1 remains my favourite ride for the most wanted races, easily outrunning the AI opponent in no time. Handling have been improved by a great leap compared to the stock ride and so has the overall performance. The reinflatable tires pro version remains the best upgrade till now - the tires quickly reinflate itself in the event of a burst due to a spike strip.

However, the other races have become a bit repetitive and boring - I’m essentially doing the same laps with different rides that are unlocked. Got owned by the cops at heat level 6 when I ran into a roadblock with armored S.W.A.T. truck. No matter what the speed is, this roadblock cannot be evaded by ramming through like the other pansy roadblocks. :p

Next up on the list - Aventador followed by the Veyron Super Sport.

Done with the title. Let the screenshots speak.

aekEH.jpg

znsKQ.jpg

h2UWZ.jpg

As for the game, I kinda liked it. Not as much as Hot Pursuit that came out two years back. Oh boy, that game was so much fun. Pure arcade racing. This one was a bit different and like I mentioned before, draws a lot of resemblances from the Burnout titles. But as a racing title, definitely enjoyable. A lot more refined and mature that the previous MW title but misses out on a lot of aspects that may disappoint hardcore MW fans.

The cars that are unlocked towards the later portions of the game become highly imbalanced especially after the upgrades are done. The Veyron Super Sport for instance - the stock car can easily win most races without breaking a sweat. And with the upgrades done, this car becomes almost unbeatable! It had a great lead over the Agera and the Huayra and despite a few crashes here and there, the car could still win the race. :p

Looking forth for the next title from the franchise and hoping that they have a story driven campaign next time.

i'm done with the game too.
played almost 13 hours - 70% game completion, 34/61 races won :-( 29/41 cars driven.

funny thing, the final MW race - I took the Bugati and I crashed 13 times and still I won the race.
(the previous attempt I crashed 17 times and still I was about to win. Lost by a fraction.)

Well, I played Forza, Grid & Dirt series - and I had managed decently there. But I seriously couldn't got a grip over this MW.
A slight touch on the fence - BAMM, a slight touch with traffic car - BAAMMM, look at the map for a sec - BAAMM. damn !!!

What I liked
- my fav cars. decent control.
- Vast DETAILED world.
- Not so dumb AI.

What I disliked
- Open world racing with traffic. Gotta see the map everytime and by doing so I keep crashing into mindless traffic.
- a rewind would have been much appreciated. (Forza style)
- Not much upgrade/customization options.
- cannot skip the crash cut scene. cannot even pause at that moment.
- Unlocking cars (hidden spots) is crazy. So does crashing billboards/gates/cameras - useless.

All I wanted to play and enjoy the game. And they didn't made it so, IMO.

Moving on to Forza Horizon. (or Dirt Showdown is better?)

btw, no GOTY thread in TE this time?

More like Burnout Paradise with cops and licensed cars.
Did you get the 1.03 Update?
Yes.
Since its criterion expecting a little flavour of burnout is obvious. However the old nfs mw and ug2 feel is still there.
Btw whatever it may be its addictive. Online races are interesting too.

^^I don't think you got the point.
Anyways i am finding it better than the original MW.(Though i have not completed it yet therefore its not my final words)

^^I don't think you got the point.
Anyways i am finding it better than the original MW.(Though i have not completed it yet therefore its not my final words)

I understood what you mean by the fusion the first time around.

What I meant was Criterion didn't do enough to distinguish it from Paradise but then I ain't complaining considering it was free and a very good game.

i'm done with the game too.
played almost 13 hours - 70% game completion, 34/61 races won :-( 29/41 cars driven.

funny thing, the final MW race - I took the Bugati and I crashed 13 times and still I won the race.
(the previous attempt I crashed 17 times and still I was about to win. Lost by a fraction.)

Thats a lot. But I do imagine a lot of takedowns as well.

Well, I played Forza, Grid & Dirt series - and I had managed decently there. But I seriously couldn't got a grip over this MW.
A slight touch on the fence - BAMM, a slight touch with traffic car - BAAMMM, look at the map for a sec - BAAMM. damn !!!

Did you try the re-inforced chasis. The Aero body + lightweight chasis does that to you.

What I liked
- my fav cars. decent control.
- Vast DETAILED world.
- Not so dumb AI.

What I disliked
- Open world racing with traffic. Gotta see the map everytime and by doing so I keep crashing into mindless traffic.
- a rewind would have been much appreciated. (Forza style)
- Not much upgrade/customization options.
- cannot skip the crash cut scene. cannot even pause at that moment.
- Unlocking cars (hidden spots) is crazy. So does crashing billboards/gates/cameras - useless.

You crash looking at the map? o_O
Rewind? Like in Grid 2. Or something different.
Yep.
About unlocking cars. Just keep driving, and you get them all.

All I wanted to play and enjoy the game. And they didn't made it so, IMO.

Moving on to Forza Horizon. (or Dirt Showdown is better?)

btw, no GOTY thread in TE this time?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okey guys.

I've struggling to do this for a lot of time now. Its the drift challenge in the Merc SL65. I get to Silver, but Gold is just out of reach. Gold unlocks Jump Nitrous. Controller used is arrow keys on the laptop keyboard.[DOUBLEPOST=1404119147][/DOUBLEPOST]anybody?

Last edited:
Back