john117

Adept
Nov 13, 2007
games like sins of solar empire :

galactic civilization 2 + expansions

civ4 + all expansions

Hearts of Iron2 + expansions

Europa universalis +expansions

another genre which i m fond of dunno wat do they call it ..

Heroes 5+expansions

King's Bounty

Disciples 2

i guess these turn based strategy games must be enuff to keep u busy for a long time ;)

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
May 21, 2005
Chennai
Grease Monk said:
Any genre is fine except sports games and turn based strategy, and games similar to 'Sins of a Solar Empire' (dont really know what category it comes under, its not really turn based...lets just say 'Hardcore Strategy').

john117 said:
games like sins of solar empire :
galactic civilization 2 + expansions
civ4 + all expansions
Hearts of Iron2 + expansions
Europa universalis +expansions
another genre which i m fond of dunno wat do they call it ..
Heroes 5+expansions
King's Bounty
Disciples 2
i guess these turn based strategy games must be enuff to keep u busy for a long time ;)

Thanks anyway, i know what to stay away from now. And thank you to Rockfella for the suggestions.

@gunman:are the prices you mentioned for the wired or wireless ones? The prices arent very different state-side as well. around $35 for the wired and $40 for the wireless. So might as well pick it up from home only.

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
May 21, 2005
Chennai
stellarhopper said:
i think almost all good games have come up...
dont missportal..ull love it..

btw..off topic..but are you in GMU??
yeah, already picked up orange box. :)

Not in george mason, but the lowly Univ of Cincinnati.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Grease Monk said:
@gunman:are the prices you mentioned for the wired or wireless ones? The prices arent very different state-side as well. around $35 for the wired and $40 for the wireless. So might as well pick it up from home only.

I meant for the wired ones. The wireless costs ~2.5k IINM. Bloated prices. :|

The wireless seems to be pretty much inexpensive compared to the wired one. Take your pick. :)

Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
Mar 18, 2007
Gurgaon/NCR.
Wireless controllers:

PROS: No cable clutter.

CONS: Expensive, needs battery changes (constant expenditure), prolly heavier = difficult to maintain, can be inaccurate at at times (am not sure but this is generally what happens with remote control/wireless gadgets, a friend uses wireless one and was not happy)

Wired ones:
PROS: Cheaper, no battery needed, precise, build to last, can handle abuse, cable is pretty long enough for average users.
CON: Cable clutter. (not a serious one imo:p )

Gunman said:
I've abs no clue about the performance difference between both of them. :ashamed:

I think a wired one should do. Pretty lengthy cable. You can relax on the recliner which's abt 15ft away and enjoy the game. :p

I got my X360 cntrlr for Rs. 1350. It was a steal back then. All thanx to greenhorn who organised it from his place and sent it over.

Prices here vary from 1.4k~1.65k (sources: landmark, croma). You better get one from there. :)

Nemesis_41

Snore PHD
Skilled
Oct 1, 2007
Since most of them have been mentioned .. get on steam and play team fortress 2, and CSS ... if that doesnt suffice.. Half Life Deathmatch! ...

BTW .... i dont know if any of you guys remember but in 1999 Acclaim released a game called Re-Volt ( toy RC racing ..lol )... its only 130 mb but, is really fun if you are seriously bored...

anyways

Cheers! and enjoy the card.. :D

jesal

Adept
Dec 12, 2006
can i hijack by asking if there were any good games like on the sides of CAESAR 3. i loved that game but i want a nice upgrade of the same. thanks again.