Need help with AC recommendations, 1.5 ton 3 star

LG SERVICE AND FUNTIONALITY IS GREAT
Agree, but where it's not good is the cooling. Service and features are good tough, but whats the meaning if it can't perform on it's main purpose. I have multiple LG ACs at home and they all struggle at cooling.

i always go with higher capacity ac if im suggested with 1.5 ton i buy 2ton it saves eb bill as well as faster cooling
since he was on a budget i recommended it
if not my choice is only OG

Daikin was good earlier... I got one nearly 2 years ago, working very well too, but many people seem to be complaining about quality/quirks and ASS with the newer models.

The installation of daikin left a sour taste ,guy refused vacuuming or even quenching, overcharged for installation, and while the ac is great at cooling i just wanted to see how are the other options
What is quenching? I also got installed 1.5 ton Daikin inverter recently, and I was thinking installation guy will vaccum it so I didn't say explicitly to vaccum but he didn't vaccum and when I asked him to do the vaccum crook said you should have said it earlier before releasing the gas in pipes.

What is quenching? I also got installed 1.5 ton Daikin inverter recently, and I was thinking installation guy will vaccum it so I didn't say explicitly to vaccum but he didn't vaccum and when I asked him to do the vaccum crook said you should have said it earlier before releasing the gas in pipes.
Quenching is them purging the system by releasing gas into the pipes a cheap and more like a jugaad for vacuuming
Unfortunately, vacuuming is extremely important something the technician in india doesn't seem to give a shit about

The installation guys have specific targets to do x number of installations, EoD. Vacuuming eats another half an hour for them for every setup so they'll skip it.

Not to mention, casual approach by the manufacturers on not being strict with vacuuming, otherwise how will AC's go bad and you'll get a new one thus bringing more profit to them.

@ikkhan since you are in Mumbai, means it's not that hot, more like humid. If you want service, Lg's way to go. LG's kinda suffice the Bombay temperature.

If other brand, then look for Hitachi. Either ways, you are going to see lot of cost cutting by the Japanese companies, or they'll be expensive than the competition.

Last edited:
Does Daikin authorised Installer provides single piece long pipe (let's say 10 metres) , the reason I am asking this recently I got installed a Daikin 1.5 ton AC and the Installer didn't give any information about single pipe instead he welded pipes to extend (because outdoor unit on roof ). Now I am wondering if I should have asked him for a single long pipe instead welding joint . Also is there any risk of leakages or any other issued with welded joints. I don't even know whether he brazed it property or not . Also he didn't vaccum the unit .

One more question the wire that give AC power is only 2 lines and comes from indoor unit instead from outdoor unit ? Is that right because on another Daikin AC that I have , it comes from outdoor unit and has three lines .

I don't even know whether he brazed it property or not . Also he didn't vaccum the unit .
It's going to be problematic. Brazed joints give way due to regular pressurizing/depressurizing. They should've tested this joint with high pressure nitrogen. But nobody does that in India. You can still test it for your own satisfaction though. Use soapy water on the joint when the compressor is running, i.e. when the line is sufficiently pressurized.

Does Daikin authorised Installer provides single piece long pipe (let's say 10 metres) , the reason I am asking this recently I got installed a Daikin 1.5 ton AC and the Installer didn't give any information about single pipe instead he welded pipes to extend (because outdoor unit on roof ). Now I am wondering if I should have asked him for a single long pipe instead welding joint . Also is there any risk of leakages or any other issued with welded joints. I don't even know whether he brazed it property or not . Also he didn't vaccum the unit .

One more question the wire that give AC power is only 2 lines and comes from indoor unit instead from outdoor unit ? Is that right because on another Daikin AC that I have , it comes from outdoor unit and has three lines .
They will always wield it ,and yes not vaccuming is the norm here even though the manual straight ups says vaccum it,if you are worried escalate the issue with daikin make enough noise and they will redo it

Voltas gets the job done unless in pressing situations. In those circumstances, most AC's will fail if your ambient temps are exceeded 50C.
Most new ACs come with max ambient temp rated for 53C or something. That problem used to be with older non-inverter AC's But its true that the efficiency of an air conditioner may decrease as the outside temperature rises. At extremely high temperatures, such as those exceeding 50 degrees Celsius, air conditioners may struggle to cool the air effectively or may not be able to maintain the desired indoor temperature.

Going to buy a new ac have bought daikin 1.5 ton already need another 1.5 ton and i wanna try any other brand ,budget around 38k ,please do recommend which brand is great in this price especially in mumbai, i was going for Panasonic but my friend who is an hvac engineer mentioned their outdoor unit shells don't last long
Bought 1 Ton Hitachi with 5 star rating for 32K this January from Croma Navi Mumbai. Both the pipe and cable were within the company supplied limit hence had to pay for only the Outdoor unit stand costing 900 approx. I also had argument with the installation guys regarding vaccum the system before installation however they didn't carry the pump with them. I had to resort with purging of the system. I have a 1.5 Ton 5 star inverter LG as well bought in 2015. Extremely happy with performance of both the system.

Most new ACs come with max ambient temp rated for 53C or something. That problem used to be with older non-inverter AC's But its true that the efficiency of an air conditioner may decrease as the outside temperature rises. At extremely high temperatures, such as those exceeding 50 degrees Celsius, air conditioners may struggle to cool the air effectively or may not be able to maintain the desired indoor temperature.
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last statement. While you are right if the ambient temps are very high, it will affect the cooling. This summer showed how fragile the PCB's are under extreme heat stress. Many, both inv and non-inv, conked off when subjected to such temps, despite claims by the AC manufacturers that they can withstand 53,53C. While this summer was an one-off and will become more frequent in the future, no manufacturers was actually expecting the temps to actually go beyond 50C.

We use Mitsubishi, voltas and Panasonic. If its a low usage scenario i would recommend Panasonic. And if it demands continuous usage go with Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi is mainly available with local distributors and you will need to pay for installation and copper pipes extra. Best is to reach out to your local distributor .
You can get the details from CS directly for your area. It will be 5-8K costlier than similar LG /Panasonic ranges.

1800 102 2626 (Toll-free)
CustomerSupport@asia.meap.com

Back