Need help with AC recommendations, 1.5 ton 3 star

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last statement. While you are right if the ambient temps are very high, it will affect the cooling. This summer showed how fragile the PCB's are under extreme heat stress. Many, both inv and non-inv, conked off when subjected to such temps, despite claims by the AC manufacturers that they can withstand 53,53C. While this summer was an one-off and will become more frequent in the future, no manufacturers was actually expecting the temps to actually go beyond 50C.
Unless they were all new ac ,maintenance plays a huge role most folk don't even clean their ac in years forget months or the manufacturer recommended 20 days ,i just cleaned my ac and the inverter load to cool room went from 68 percent to 42 percent, this is daikin which shows compressor load on the display

Unless they were all new ac ,maintenance plays a huge role most folk don't even clean their ac in years forget months or the manufacturer recommended 20 days ,i just cleaned my ac and the inverter load to cool room went from 68 percent to 42 percent, this is daikin which shows compressor load on the display
Offcourse, precautions from out end also plays a part. Sadly, very few read the manual nor do regular maintainance unless if it breaks.
People must be made to mandatorily read the manual so that they understand to do the basic cleaning within a time period.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last statement. While you are right if the ambient temps are very high, it will affect the cooling. This summer showed how fragile the PCB's are under extreme heat stress. Many, both inv and non-inv, conked off when subjected to such temps, despite claims by the AC manufacturers that they can withstand 53,53C. While this summer was an one-off and will become more frequent in the future, no manufacturers was actually expecting the temps to actually go beyond 50C.
If manufacturers claim 53C max ambient support then you bet they have tested it thoroughly otherwise they wouldn't claim it. Number one cause of PCB going poof is sudden power spike then liquid damage.
Agreed. The LG AC im using has such a small filter on the top of it that I thought my AC had some issue when in reality all I had to do was clean the filter. Remind you its a 2 month old AC. Older Hitachi AC I was using for the last 10 years had a open grill (open flap) which was needed to flip to access filter such had a big filter which worked for 6+ months before it needed maintenance. Not sure if this is intentional design or not but this is not friendly at all.

Agreed. The LG AC im using has such a small filter on the top of it that I thought my AC had some issue when in reality all I had to do was clean the filter. Remind you its a 2 month old AC. Older Hitachi AC I was using for the last 10 years had a open grill (open flap) which was needed to flip to access filter such had a big filter which worked for 6+ months before it needed maintenance. Not sure if this is intentional design or not but this is not friendly at all.
my daikin AC needs filter cleaning almost every month where as General AC hardly need cleaning, There is one thing I've noticed that Daikin split AC gives lot more water output compared to General Window AC even though its 2T

I was so frustrated with AC service that now I know how to weld copper pipes. Most of the issues in ACs (if the installation was proper) are due to long-term neglect. Clean up your filter every 15-20 days and clean up the outdoor unit every 60-90 days (if the fins gather a lot of dust and debris) and you won't have to bother much. If you could manage it clean the indoor unit every year (it's less prone to dust and debris due to filters). Experience has taught me that Japanese-made ACs (Panasonic in perticular) are the most reliable and will serve you for a long time. BlueStar is the only Indian brand good enough owing to their expertise in industrial cooling. I have been burnt by Volta, Godrej, Whirlpool, and Lloyd.

However these days, except a few Japanese brands almost everyone is using the same OEMs. And it all boils down to QC and service.

Last edited:
Back