Budget 0-20k Need low cost PC for torrents and HD movies (Used Hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
guptavis ALPHA17DarkAngel
Jakob
Antec - BP300P

Old prices and more importantly never heard of this site. Do not know if anyone has bought goods from them.

FSP Saga II 400W is what I would have suggested earlier but it has been 1 year since I have seen it available online from the regular marts like [The IT Depot / The IT Wares / Prime ABGB / hardwire.in]. You can contact ABACUS Peripherals https://www.google.co.in/search?q=ABACUS+Peripherals&rlz=1C1CHJW_enIN492IN492&aq=f&sugexp=chrome,mod=9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 their retail channel partner in India, they will be able to guide you on this.

Beware of the following facts --
  • wires used are shorter than the other slightly more expensive branded offerings [in this case the CX v2430W];
  • cables are not fully sheathed.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Old prices and more importantly never heard of this site. Do not know if anyone has bought goods from them.

FSP Saga II 400W is what I would have suggested earlier but it has been 1 year since I have seen it available online from the regular marts like [The IT Depot / The IT Wares / Prime ABGB / hardwire.in]. You can contact ABACUS Peripherals https://www.google.co.in/search?q=A...&sugexp=chrome,mod=9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 their retail channel partner in India, they will be able to guide you on this.

Beware of the following facts --
  • wires used are shorter than the other slightly more expensive branded offerings [in this case the CX v2430W];
  • cables are not fully sheathed.

Don't know anyone who bought things from techshop.in, but some people on other forums have mentioned about them way back in 2009-10... dont know about the present status.

Checked Abacuspheripherals website and it seems they dont have any corsair product on their catalog online....

The IT Depot has them for 2.5k (CX V2 430W) are they reliable....?

Need to check with the other sites you mentioned.....

Thanks again.

Sorry satishinti, prices are really good but dont have any idea about the reliability of the site.
i would spend ~200 more and get the same from a reliable site. (FSP isnt available anywhere else)

I think the ITDepot has CX430v2UK. dont know what the UK means and if its same as the other model.

Don't know anyone who bought things from techshop.in, but some people on other forums have mentioned about them way back in 2009-10... dont know about the present status.

Checked Abacuspheripherals website and it seems they dont have any corsair product on their catalog online....

The IT Depot has them for 2.5k (CX V2 430W) are they reliable....?

My bad, it is Aditya Infotech who are the channel partners for FSP in India, here is their page, drop them a letter OR summat --> Aditya Infotech Ltd..

About IT Depot, never had any dealings in person with them so best let the Bombay crows set you up on this information.

My experience with them was limited to 2 phone calls and an associated email which they never bothered to reply so lost interest.

Hope this proves helpful, Cheerio!

That is interesting DarkAngel, never thought about the electricity expenditure involved in running a computer!
Is there a way to measure how many watts of power my home computer is using? Although i am an ' Electrical Engineer ' but have no idea about how to go about this!

If you have an (e.g.) APC UPS, and you install the APC monitoring Software, it lets you figure out the current power drawn by all the attached systems. If only computer related items are drawing power from the UPS, as is mostly the case, it is a good reflection of total power drawn by the computer. The software also nicely plots power usage over time, you can see how the power usage increases with computational load.

For my case, it was reasonably accurate (measured 5 years ago) because it matched with what could be predicted from theory. I guess other UPSes might also have this feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remembered, I have an old PSU unused. It came along with my cheap zebronics cabinet. I used it for my c2d rig, ( E8300, 1 sata hdd, 1 ide dvd-w, onboard graphics, p5b-vm asus motherboard). I used it for a year then changed to Corsair PSU . If you want, i can ship it from Bangalore, no cost just the courier charge.

You can decide if you like it. Absolutely no guarantees. Others can suggest if it is a good idea.

^^thanks for the psu offer, but i got a fsp 400W from Techshop.in, will receive it tomorrow...

Glad to know you got it Satish, do tell us how the experience was. I will have to edit the PC Buying Guide to put this as the cheapest option available to a budget builder. Cheerio!

P.S. -- Sorry I wasn't of much help here.

Glad to know you got it Satish, do tell us how the experience was. I will have to edit the PC Buying Guide to put this as the cheapest option available to a budget builder. Cheerio!

hey its ok, i will surely let you know once i receive it....and thanks again for the guidance through out my purchases... earlier it seem to be some greek terminology ;) whn people talk about the PC components... now i feel like i know most terms....but still lot to learn....

Thanks Everyone who helped me in building my rig.....:)

Sorry for the delay, received the PSU 2 days back.... and it was a good experience with the Seller (TechShop.in)... the item was packed well and shipping done via Bluedart....(shipping charges differ on priority and location).....they also have different payment options (NEFT, Debit Card, CC...etc)
FSP SAGA II 400 400W Power Supply - SAGA II 400 by: FSP - TechShop.in
It costed me 2029/- + 179/-(shipping) =2208/-
Hope that would help others who are looking for budget options in building PC.....

Thanks ALPHA17

The Intel Pentium G620 is Intel's cheapest dual-core Sandy-Bridge offering and as has been reiterated, anything below this will lack the muscle to last a long-haul. This is the best choice you have. But you want something cheaper, you can look into --

AMD Athlon IIx3 440 ~3500/- [I do not know if it is even available anymore]
ASUS / GIGABYTE-780G chipset based motherboard ~3000/- [no support for USB 3.0 OR SATA III]
[rest configuration as earlier]

What about Intel G530 for 2.2k

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/57/Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_G530_vs_Intel_Pentium_Dual-Core_G620.html

What about Intel G530 for 2.2k

It is not available readily as far as I know and it is a Celeron class processor, really useless for current day-to-day tasks. It will suffer massively even in word-processing tasks.

Even their TDP's are stacked up to the same level (although the G530 will be cooler chip for sure), I see no reason to go for the G530 until you are completely geared towards efficiency and even in that field the newer Intel ATOM lineup and AMD Brazos 2.0 chips will be better.

P.S. -- I feel the G530 is a lower clocked G620 (my opinion), look up their ARK pages.
http://ark.intel.com/products/53480/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G620-(3M-Cache-2_60-GHz)
http://ark.intel.com/products/53414/Intel-Celeron-Processor-G530-(2M-Cache-2_40-GHz)

G530 are much more efficient than Atoms , TDP does not show the efficiency or power consumption , even my complete i3 550 rig consumes only 53 watt at idle with a HD6850 & two 120mm fans, i posted a bench mark not much difference in G620 vs G530 , available in delhi for 5k with gigabyte h61 mobo , i looked up a lot of benches because i was about buy the g530 for a family member. G530 would have been perfect for his requirement , g630 would have been better but it wasnt fitting in his budget.

- - - Updated - - -

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=361852

G530 are much more efficient than Atoms , TDP does not show the efficiency or power consumption

Okay you got to be kidding me here, the stated TDP for an ATOM / Brazos class processor is ~5W -->10W. You are telling me that the Pentium G530 can be this efficient when under load, also this is going of the rails because of both the processors are targeted at different work-details.

I still do not suggest an Intel Celeron class processor, it is clocked 200MHz slower than the G620 (not G630) and this ends up as a ~10% fall in single-thread performance and at such price points this is cutting it too close. If you want power efficiency and day-to-day tasks with HD-content viewing / casual gaming an AMD Llano setup (dual-core) is much better, if you want to have an entry-level gaming RIG and are adding a discrete graphics card the G620 is the processor to go for.

Guess @satishiniti has completed building his rig. So closing the thread to avoid discussion not related to the thread. @satishiniti if you need to discuss further regarding your config then do feel feel to PM me. I will open the thread again.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess @satishiniti has completed building his rig. So closing the thread to avoid discussion not related to the thread. @satishiniti if you need to discuss further regarding your config then do feel feel to PM me. I will open the thread again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back