Budget 90k+ Need Recommendations for Value For Money Gaming PC

Or Samsung 980 as mentioned by another FM above?
980 over P2 hands down. I didn't really notice that the price has gone down quite a bit.

There is no other RGB mouse under budget.
Corsair Harpoon Pro as suggested by another member?
Note that most newer Logitech mice will eventually start double clicking.
You can go with the G102. Once it starts getting the double click issue, try getting a replacement from Logitech (although quality of service varies, the one in Bengaluru was good and replaced it no questions).

But isn't the MSI PRO B660M-A the best B660 mb as per reviews?
For the money it is, yes. The Gigabyte one will do fine for a 12400 while saving some money.
Still, I suggest the one you selected as it is a better all round board.

My question was, is the model reviewed by Rtings same as the model sold in India? @mehimdumb_7t mentions that the model sold here seems to be the XV272U Pbmiiprz and not XV272U KVbmiiprzx.
As per this site they are similar. The one reviewed on rtings is a newer model, so it has a higher refresh rate and slightly better ergonomic stand.

The one available here is the older panel.

Last edited:
Also planning to buy a 1440p gaming monitor. Have you checked out the Gigabyte M27Q?
I got Gigabyte G27Q 1440p IPS monitor for 17.7k during current sale. Their monitor quality is pretty great

Have bad experience with Viewsonic so wouldn't recommend them.

I've heard both the models have the noise issue. You sure?
thats not correct, both are significantly different in terms of noise. Red switches are significantly less noisy. Im using cb gk 18.
G304 also has double click issues apparently.
I know. What im saying it that kailh 8.0 spare switches are easily available for cheap. So it can be repaired if double click issue arises after 2 year warranty period.

also please don't use Chinese brands like cosmicbyte for keyboard spend some more and get Logitech or something, it's worth it.
Then please suggest alternatives to the Cosmic Byte Keyboard
Also, the way power consumptions of new gpus are increasing, it gives you an upgrade headroom, else you'll have to buy a new psu when you upgrade gpu, why not spend a bit more now and save a lot later?
Agreed
and your point is? Gigabyte g27q regularly sells for around 23k, its even gone as low as 17.5k on sale.
Was trying to say that can I get a better monitor than Gigabyte G27Q under 25k since prices have dropped.
Why specifically 3200mhz? 3600mhz is not much more expensive and offers a noticeable improvement in performance.
How much more performance?
RGB and VFM dont exactly go hand in hand, you gotta compormise on vfm or quality if you want rgb
What does quality have to do with VFM? I'll prefer the VFM quotient then over RGB.
980 or ws sn 570 I'd say.
570 is cheaper and both have similar performance right?
VFM is a bad term to be frank. Performance per rupee is not related to price tier of what you buy.
Bang for the buck components?
As per this site they are similar. The one reviewed on rtings is a newer model, so it has a higher refresh rate and slightly better ergonomic stand.

The one available here is the older panel.
What do you suggest then?

Bang for buck and vfm are equivalent and useless. You can possibly get more bang for buck in a 100000 gpu than a 30k gpu, but do you have that much budget for that much bang? The metric and term is useless unless comparing products in the same general price category.

Bang for buck and vfm are equivalent and useless. You can possibly get more bang for buck in a 100000 gpu than a 30k gpu, but do you have that much budget for that much bang? The metric and term is useless unless comparing products in the same general price category.
I think by VFM he meant to say best price to performance ratio.

Thanks a lot guys for all your recommendations and advice, they were very helpful. After a lot of research and consideration, I've finalised the following build:
  1. CPU - Intel i5-12400 - 18k
  2. Motherboard - MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Motherboard - 14.5k
  3. GPU - ASUS KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM) - 45k
  4. RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3600MHz (18-22-22-42) - 8.1k
  5. Monitor - Acer Nitro XV272U KV 27 Inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Agile Splendor Gaming Monitor - 24.6k
  6. HDD - Western Digital Blue 2TB 7200 RPM | WD20EZBX - 4k
  7. SSD - SAMSUNG 980 EVO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD MZ-V8V1T0BW – 7.9k
  8. PSU - ADATA XPG Core Reactor 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold SMPS - 6.4k
  9. Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB with USB Type-C Snow White - 8.3k
  10. Cooler - Deepcool Gammaxx AG400 ARGB 120mm CPU Air Cooler - 2.1k
  11. Keyboard - Cosmic Byte CB-GK-18 Firefly RGB Ten-Keyless Keyboard with Outemu Red Switch -2.3k
  12. Mouse - Razer Viper Mini Ultralight Gaming Mouse - Classic Black – 2k
There is also an option of Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition at 45k. Should I go for it instead of Asus KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM) since the 3070 one is OEM?
Is there still any scope for better components? I've already increased my budget by 15k but cannot increase it any further so please suggest a more VFM lower priced alternative, if you do.

I plan to go to Nehru Place tomorrow and buy all the parts in one go, so would highly appreciate prompt responses.

Thanks a lot guys for all your recommendations and advice, they were very helpful. After a lot of research and consideration, I've finalised the following build:
  1. CPU - Intel i5-12400 - 18k
  2. Motherboard - MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Motherboard - 14.5k
  3. GPU - ASUS KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM) - 45k
  4. RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3600MHz (18-22-22-42) - 8.1k
  5. Monitor - Acer Nitro XV272U KV 27 Inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Agile Splendor Gaming Monitor - 24.6k
  6. HDD - Western Digital Blue 2TB 7200 RPM | WD20EZBX - 4k
  7. SSD - SAMSUNG 980 EVO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD MZ-V8V1T0BW – 7.9k
  8. PSU - ADATA XPG Core Reactor 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold SMPS - 6.4k
  9. Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB with USB Type-C Snow White - 8.3k
  10. Cooler - Deepcool Gammaxx AG400 ARGB 120mm CPU Air Cooler - 2.1k
  11. Keyboard - Cosmic Byte CB-GK-18 Firefly RGB Ten-Keyless Keyboard with Outemu Red Switch -2.3k
  12. Mouse - Razer Viper Mini Ultralight Gaming Mouse - Classic Black – 2k
There is also an option of Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition at 45k. Should I go for it instead of Asus KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM) since the 3070 one is OEM?
Is there still any scope for better components? I've already increased my budget by 15k but cannot increase it any further so please suggest a more VFM lower priced alternative, if you do.

I plan to go to Nehru Place tomorrow and buy all the parts in one go, so would highly appreciate prompt responses.
Unless you really want the aesthetics in RAM, you can get 32GB 3600MHz RAM for under 10k - Corsair Vengeance is like 4.8k for 1x16GB 3600.

For RGB, I found XPG D60 to be a good value & this is a great deal at 5.5k for 2x8GB 3600: https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-...x2-ddr4-rgb-3600mhz-memory-ax4u36008g18i-dt60

Do get a fan hub as Lancool II Mesh RGB doesn't have one. Deepcool has one for 450. Artic P12 is a great add-on fan for exhaust, maybe you would like a white one, take your call.

Switch out the g102 for a viper mini or razer orochi v2 better quality for wired or wireless. For a keyboard dont start off with blue clicky switches.
Do not cheap out on the psu atleast get higher wattage if youre sticking to bronze rating.

Unless you really want the aesthetics in RAM, you can get 32GB 3600MHz RAM for under 10k - Corsair Vengeance is like 4.8k for 1x16GB 3600.

For RGB, I found XPG D60 to be a good value & this is a great deal at 5.5k for 2x8GB 3600: https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-...x2-ddr4-rgb-3600mhz-memory-ax4u36008g18i-dt60
Recalled a query that I had in mind. 3600 Mhz CL 18 or 3200 Mhz CL 16? Couldn't find a definite answer to this that was backed by facts.

Does i5-12400 even require a CPU cooler? Wouldn't stock cooler suffice?
You can save quite a bit by going for a cheaper case (unless you really like the case you chose, or if you really want white). MSI has some good cases with ARGB fans.
The case has to be white. I had finalised Lian Li Lancool II Mesh, Phanteks P400A and Corsair 4000D Airflow. Corsair one doesn't come with ARGB fans out of the box which would add to extra expenses. Which MSI ones are you talking about?

Last edited:
You can save quite a bit by going for a cheaper case (unless you really like the case you chose, or if you really want white). MSI has some good cases with ARGB fans.
Lancool II Mesh is easily one of the top cabinets, check Gamers Nexus review. It is easier to build in as well.

Recalled a query that I had in mind. 3600 Mhz CL 18 or 3200 Mhz CL 16? Couldn't find a definite answer to this that was backed by facts.

The case has to be white. I had finalised Lian Li Lancool II Mesh, Phanteks P400A and Corsair 4000D Airflow. Corsair one doesn't come with ARGB fans out of the box which would add to extra expenses. Which MSI ones are you talking about?
RAM freq CAS.png

3600 CL18 is slightly faster than 3200 CL16. It is a good choice IMO, value wise.

Yes, for gaming, i5 12400 will run fine on a stock cooler. Few CPU-intensive games like R6 saw 85C+ CPU temp while gaming & FIFA 23 made it run at 90C. Other games usually had CPU temps of ~70C. I recently put an AK400 for it. More than enough, even cheaper tower air coolers will easily suffice.

Lancool II Mesh is easily one of the top cabinets, check Gamers Nexus review. It is easier to build in as well.
Yes I know that. I just suggested a VFM lower priced option as requested.

Both RAM speeds are similar and won't make much of a difference at 1440p. As long as it is 3200MT/s or higher, performance will be good.

Yes, the stock cooler is sufficient but can get noisy. Depends on whether you want a more silent system.

MSI MAG Forge 111R/112R are cheaper and quite good cases. But as always, depends on your preferences.

Last edited:
3600 CL18 is slightly faster than 3200 CL16. It is a good choice IMO, value wise.
Both RAM speeds are similar and won't make much of a difference at 1440p. As long as it is 3200MT/s or higher, performance will be good.
But according to the table and calculations they're equally fast. For a Ryzen build it would have been a no brainer but for Intel does it actually make a difference?
Switch out the g102 for a viper mini or razer orochi v2 better quality for wired or wireless. For a keyboard dont start off with blue clicky switches.
Do not cheap out on the psu atleast get higher wattage if youre sticking to bronze rating.
Changed the mouse to Viper Mini, keyboard to Cosmicbyte GK18 and PSU to ADATA XPG Core Reactor 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold. Check post #32 for updated build
MSI MAG Forge 111R/112R are cheaper and quite good cases.
White case is a requirement. They're not available in white.
Yup. I've picked each component after a lot of research and reading reviews. Each component I've picked is the best in it's category and offers great price to performance barring the RAM. Only the Deepcool AG400 is the one which I couldn't find much info about but I guess it's the ARGB variant of the AK400 so should be fine I guess.
Any advice?

But according to the table and calculations they're equally fast. For a Ryzen build it would have been a no brainer but for Intel does it actually make a difference?

White case is a requirement. They're not available in white.

Only the Deepcool AG400 is the one which I couldn't find much info about but I guess it's the ARGB variant of the AK400 so should be fine I guess.

Any advice?
It does make a difference for Intel as well. But anything above 3200 has similar performance, especially at higher resolutions. The RAM you've chosen is good, but is expensive. @OMEGA44-XT has suggested cheaper RGB RAM with the same speed (Adata XPG D60), I suggest you have a look at those.

Edit - forgot to mention, G.skill RMA is a huge pain. If you want to claim warranty, you'll need to send the kit to Taiwan. It seems it is possible to contact the distributor to get a replacement.

Good choice on the case. As I said before, it depends on your requirement/preferences. Although with white, the choices reduce quite a lot for any component.

The 3070 OEM is the one I would go for, but I would be wary of the warranty. Some people on reddit have confirmed with Asus/RP Tech that warranty is applicable though. Note that it doesn't come with the typical box you see with GPUs. Don't go for the premium variants for cards which are easier to cool (like the 3060ti/3070).

The AG series is basically a cheaper version of the AK series without the visual embellishments like the top cover. You're good to go.

Last edited:
Back