Need suggestions for buying AC

@xkcd0137 mate, which city did you get your AC installed. Prices seems to have jacked up. Refer pic below.

@kartikoli can you give up the price split up of Ru 2500 for installation cost?

Attachments

• revised rates_cmp.jpg
    revised rates_cmp.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 124
300.fpr wrapping tape is daylight robbery. It costs Rs. 60/- for a roll of approx 80m, and moreover it should be included in installation cost.
Drain pipe is approx Rs.35 for 1 meter (3.3ft) in hardware shop.
Other charges are standard.

I think wrapping tape will be included in installation cost. If extra needed, then need to refer this.
From my end, I would be needing drain pipe, brackets. I am assuming electric wires from previous AC can fit. Thst core cutting charges is another mockery. It's not like they would be using wall drilling saw to cut a hole. I already have an existing hole from prior ac, only thing needed would be some cement to cover the hole.

Copper pipe of 3mt, AC stand, Electric wire around 5~6mt in length - they charged me 2500 for these which I know is a lot but wanted to get it done. This is extra cost as my installation was included in AC price

Are online installation charges be different from offline ones? I did listen to installation ac videos where they do mention it as 999, but don't know if they were online or offline.

Are online installation charges be different from offline ones? I did listen to installation ac videos where they do mention it as 999, but don't know if they were online or offline.
Both were the same when we got our installed. You will have to give them a call if you don't book it online, that's it.

I think wrapping tape will be included in installation cost. If extra needed, then need to refer this.
From my end, I would be needing drain pipe, brackets. I am assuming electric wires from previous AC can fit. Thst core cutting charges is another mockery. It's not like they would be using wall drilling saw to cut a hole. I already have an existing hole from prior ac, only thing needed would be some cement to cover the hole.
core cutting is required if you need to drill hole in concrete. For brick wall hole, charges are included in installation charges.

online buyers, Do you need to call LG customer care for installation process ? or Flipkart/Amazone managed everything behalf of you ?

got SMS yesterday by LG for installtion process. they mentioned "XYZ LG engineer will call you for the installation" Today two person came and installed the AC
i have paid 1700. (installation charge + stand), when they first came they asked me for the 1750 but at the end they said 1700 do the job.
although TATAcliq mention on their website that (1200 installtion + 700) for the stand.

Last edited:
Check Bluestar, LG, Samsung, and Panasonic.
Whatever you buy check for an AC with inverter technology and copper core compressor.
AC having modes to run it different tonnage capacities will be a bonus and your wallet will thank you at the end of the month when you get your electricity bill.

People who bought LG and Daikin AC, did you have to buy a stabilizer during /prior to installation?
If yes, was it mandatory (for warranty), what was the cost?

People who bought LG and Daikin AC, did you have to buy a stabilizer during /prior to installation?
If yes, was it mandatory (for warranty), what was the cost?
In my view Stabilizer works like a first point to failure in case of power fluctuations. I am using a Samsung refrigerator that is about 5 years old. I bought it for 1.1L. I did not install a Stabilizer for it as Samsung claims it can withstand voltage in the range of 180V to 300 V. When I check with Samsung they said the Voltage control board costs only around 3,500 to replace. Hence, no stabilizer and it has been running fine.

I didn't get any stabiliser for my LG aircon. Since LG claims that their product is protected within the mentioned fluctuations, the onus will be in them.
Again it depends on how reliable your discom is? If fluctuations are a regular and also by a huge margin then it would be better to invest in a stabiliser. Else, no need.

Back