Need suggestions for buying AC

kartikoli

Skilled
I am looking to buy a Split AC for a room size of 11 x 12 with direct sunlight on the roof, the temp here goes close to 40~44C so we can imagine its hot. The AC will run most of the day also during the night, What I've heard that 5 star doesn't saves the amount of electric as compared to the money we spend upfront so I am open to suggestions for 3 or 5 star ratings.

AC will be purchased locally but the dealer asked me to give him specific model no. so he can get me the quote locally (possibly lower than online price, Though I can opt for online purchase too). I've used Voltas AC Windows for few years and later purchased General 2T windows AC but as we know General AC's are expensive so looking for good reliable brand but not too expensive. I see AC's range from 30k to 40k so would like to have a budget somewhere around 35k.

Any recommendations? Things to keep in mind?

I am looking to buy a Split AC for a room size of 11 x 12 with direct sunlight on the roof, the temp here goes close to 40~44C so we can imagine its hot. The AC will run most of the day also during the night, What I've heard that 5 star doesn't saves the amount of electric as compared to the money we spend upfront so I am open to suggestions for 3 or 5 star ratings.

AC will be purchased locally but the dealer asked me to give him specific model no. so he can get me the quote locally (possibly lower than online price, Though I can opt for online purchase too). I've used Voltas AC Windows for few years and later purchased General 2T windows AC but as we know General AC's are expensive so looking for good reliable brand but not too expensive. I see AC's range from 30k to 40k so would like to have a budget somewhere around 35k.

Any recommendations? Things to keep in mind?
For long running times, please go with inverter AC over normal AC. It helps maintaining the room temps better as it doesn't switch on and off but rather it ramps itself down and up according to the temperature. Hence it is better investment over a 5 star one.

As rule of thumb it should be 1ton of ac for every 100sqft. Other factors ar always there , this is just a basic guideline.

Correct so considering this is a hot room but not extremely hot, i think 1.5T AC would be enough now the real question, which one to go with... there are so many options to choose from :rolleyes:

These days Amazon started there sale and I am sure soon there will be more from FK as well so looking to grab a good deal

Last edited:
I am in same boat as you... Will mostly be going for LG or Panasonic due to specific requirements. If sunlight is affecting only one part of room(1 out of 4) go for 1 ton else 1.5 ton.
Also check the after sales of the manufacturer in your area.

I've used Hitachi 1.5T window AC but made a mistake of using it on a big room of 200sq/ft so it failed. Not the factor I will consider because it wasn't meant for such a big room. Now I've replaced with 2T General AC and it does the job.

I'll check LG and Panasonic, how about blue star or Lloyd ACs also on Amazon there are several reviews about sanyo, though it's an old company but I am not sure it's good in AC department too.

I have been using godrej ac last 15 years in my residence now. We have total 4 ac, 3 godrej and one crusie. Absolutely no issues. I don't know why there is an aversion to such brands. If you are talking from service point of view , every brand has 3rd party service now. And I haven't required any major service on my ac. Once or twice the 1ton had dust clogged but that can happen in any brand, that we found out qas due to use of cotton bed in the room

I had a feeling about Mitsubishi to be in that range as its a premium brand comparable to O-General and they still live up to there reputation of great AC's.

Godrej was great but are they good even now? I had a 2T voltas AC and it worked great so purchased another 2T AC after few years for my relative and they had issues so the quality suffered which happens with all the brands unless they are considered premium so can retain the quality.

Regarding Godrej, I feel the Acs are good but after sales service is horrible. I had a Godrej refrigerator bought around the 80's and it did last quite a while. My Dad has a lot of experience when it comes to refrigeration of 1000+ square feet and Godrej simply did not deliver. Their after care was bad, but that was during 90's and 00's. I still read a lot of bad reviews after service of Godrej being bad so that makes my Dad a bit averse to getting Godrej one.
But if you don't get any issues, it's a Lambi race ka ghoda.
@chetansha or anyone using different brands for more than 10+ years, are all brands going for third party after sales? I mean even after expiry of warranty? I was thinking LG sends its own people to check issues with their products.

Last edited:
Totally agree with bad Godrej refrigerator service, spare parts are just not available even in the company so consumers have no other option then to use local "Jugad" method.

I needed a sealing (the one with magnet that seals the door with refrigerator) but it was not available and the service guy just keep giving excuses so called a local guy who bought 2 seals for different model and cut them to half to be used. Its not perfect but atleast this works, though I've paid for 2 seals and doesn't get the feeling of new part.

Back