Need Ur Help Guys Had Issue With Ebay Seller

Welcome to the ebay seller scammer's club, you're not getting your money back.

If you know a cop or something maybe you can scare him a bit, but you can kiss your money goodbye if you haven't gone through Paisapay.

It'll be a miracle if you ever see that money. I lost 15k to a scammer in Bangalore called Mohammed Hussain. I complained to the cybercrime cell in Bangalore and had no response.

btw, this is the telltale sign of a trained scam artist:

WITH GOD'S GRACE, HAVE SHIFTED TO NEWER PLACE AND HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

SO ONLY DIRECT BANK ACC TRANSFER METHOD IS POSSIBLE CURRENTLY

HAVE ANY QUES???FEEL FREE TO ASK ME

QUICK AND HARD CASH IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE ONLY THTS Y DIRECT METHOD OTHERWISE M ALSO PAISA PAY FOLLOWER LIKE U PEOPLE

donot buy via paisa pay,money will be refunded and nothing will be shipped

I repeat:

donot buy via paisa pay,money will be refunded and nothing will be shipped

Which means he only wants to deal outside the escrow system.

Rule 1, don't trust anyone when it comes to money. You only have yourself to blame.

Anyway the guy has a photograph on his page, so the best bet is to get printed copies of all communication, a grab of his photo, his account details and a copy of the debit statement and courier it to ebay, the police station in the vicinity of the bank (use the pin code finder) and somebody you know in the press (if any). It may help.

@OP.

I agree to what LN says.

You will not get ANY cooperation through normal means from the bank. Only after registering an FIR and contacting the Manager personally will you ever get it. No, no phone call thing. go there directly.

This is a clear criminal case.

Register an FIR. Pay some tips to the police. it will be straightforward, then go to the bank. Max u need to spend like 3~4k. But you will get you money back. Be fast. Dont let it get cold.

btw, when was the package supposed to have been shipped? It might be possible that the seller had indeed shipped and that Blue Dart didn't enter the AWB into their system yet/ or not updated. It had happened to one of my blue dart packages that I received. The site said invalid number till the day the item was received by me. Next day, the tracking system showed the entire history properly. Still its necessary to ascertain that the AWB is valid/invalid before you try to approach the police.

Thinking back, if the seller had intended to scam from the start, he would have disappeared once he got the amount and not bothered to send you a fake AWB.

Take screenshots/print the ebay listing / seller info and keep those with you...Go to your nearest police station and try to explain everything to them, if your state police have a cyber cell try and approach them with a complaint... Hope for the best...

Also like i said before if you have any friends/acquaintances who work at Dena bank they can easily get you the persons address used while account creation and it would probably be correct....I have got hold of the details of an ICICI bank account holder using my friends at bank in such a scam but can be a problem for the guys at bank as it is illegal( it didnt help much as 'she' couldnt go after the guy and due to complications in filing a police case)..... but even if you have the guy's address you will need some serious help to literally force him to give your money back....

I agree with Lord Nemesis here, i was thinking the same thing!

If the seller intended to scam you, why would he bother to come back and post it! after a scam, the more scarcer he is ,the more better for him! and also, BD AWB numbers are always 11 digits, and so is this!

and also, it was a weekend, BD might update it tonight or something!

avinashwarrier said:
I agree with Lord Nemesis here, i was thinking the same thing!

I too think in same way, no harm in waiting meanwhile keep calling or in contact with ebay & seller.. lets hope positive... though change is 50/50.

@ OP. Here's what I think you should do.

1. Call up Blue Dart with the AWB number. Check if they have any information regarding it.
2. Inform eBay, but do not keep much hope from them.
3. Track the sellers bank account. Take prints of the sellers eBay page and pass it on to your friends and all.
4. Post information on social networking sites regarding this.
5. Contact the police if all else fails.

Steps 4 and 5 are a little extreme. So do ensure that you really have no choice left before you go to steps 4 and 5.

As a rule of thumb, do not bypass escrow systems set on websites when doing online deals. These rules are there in place to save heartburns like the one you are going through.

@OP, speaking frankly, the whole mistake is yours in the first case, forget any help from ebay or from the bank without any legal notice they will not give any sensitive infos.
Now speaking of legal , its a joke...you have below 50% chance that you will get the money back, so learn from this and thank God that the amount was less had it been 20-30k.
Getting any help form the local police or the cybercell people will be a miracle.

@others, those you are speaking about the seller pics, is that really his, if he is indeed a scamer, i doubt he will give his personal pic :p

If this whole case turns out to be otherwise, i mean if the problem lies with BD then you are a lucky fellow :)a

Thank You Guys for ur Help and Support

I will wait for few days if some miracle happen will get the phone

I dont want to involve in police case
had to tell my parents now :(

First of all the deal itself is too good to be true. But i am not sure.. Can anyone get a 6 months used Nokia N8 for as low as 12k, when the current price being around 20k ???

The guy has 8 feedbacks for buying and 1 for selling. One of the feedback for him as a buyer is for Samsung i8910 Omnia, 14.06.2011 that he purchased for Rs.8000/-. And the only feedback as seller is ...guess what....a Samsung Omnia HD I 8910 sold for Rs.9500, 28.06.2011 :O

I called the person (sahil - the ebay seller), he didnt pick my call, I then sent a sms on his number... I got a reply...the following is the reply :

"u stupid i was busy in my family meets and ur product has returned because of wrong address thats y not showing status online ..ur phone has been send and tracking number will be sent to u tomorrow, dont deal if u cant even trust somebody""

:S

Hope this can help OP to solve the issue.. I have pmed OP but didnt get any response..

he is so rude and its pure lie.
one he says it is sent and tracking no, will be sent tomorrow and second he says ,your product has returned due to wrong address.

In that case of second--there would be tracking info on bluedart and
In first case--he is flat our lieing.

My gawd,

but, one thing i dont understand is, if he was a scammer, y bother replying??

and who would use that sim again??? :O

Guys if he was a scammer he wouldnt have bothered replying... I threatened him that he is going to visit mumbai very soon, as both mumbai ploice and dena bank officials have been informed about his account.. And at the next minute, I got his reply... Fhattu hai .... :)

Moreover OP doesnt seem to be interested in getting his 12K or cell phone back....

One out of box idea.Send a sms to person from some unused 3rd party sim.Message in it.Send details of phone shipped and other details as soon as possible.Else a report being file with bank ombudsman and local police station that the person asked money for mobile but might being using for financing terror links within the country.

I know it might sound silly,but seeing present scenario any such report wont be taken lightly even the scamster might be knowing.

And regarding the person bank details not shared by bank.If you have the bank slip of cash i guess with some chai pani you can easily get the details of the person from any branch of the bank.It depends whom you give chai-pani.Manager levels wont help.Lowest level chaps who work at may i help you counter with computer might be helpful.But you just cant directly go and ask for same.Just tell them i need your valuable time for 5 mins and discuss the same outside their premises or on phone at suitable time.I am sure you can easily get prinout details of same.

I am saying this because its dena bank and government and government staffs are easily and cheaply taken care off.I know the day my mom account was open in hdfc bank i got 4-5 calls from private bank on my newest sim whose number i havent shared with single creature on this planet except hdfc and they sold my data(including their biggest rival ICICI).

Back