Needs Advice (Gaming P.C)

why not elite 431?

Highly dependent on the pricing Sire, if you get the eLite 431 Plus [which has a USB 3.0 front port] then buy that. Should set you back by ~3500/-. Between the eLite 431 and eLite 430 I do not see any differences, try to see if you can find any substantial differentiating factors.

are you on gtalk

Please give ur id

so we can chat

Yes I am on gtalk, why do you wish to chat all of a sudden?

Size of the AMD HD 5970 -->

In spite of its singular name, the Radeon HD 5970 is in fact a dual-GPU graphics card in the tradition of the Radeon HD 4870 X2. Codenamed "Hemlock" during its development—or at least during its pre-launch marketing stage—the 5970 sports two of the Cypress GPUs that power the Radeon HD 5870. Each GPU has its own 1GB bank of GDDR5 memory, and the card itself is longer than a fourth-grade piano recital, measuring out to 12.16" or 309 mm.

Size of the AMD HD 6950 2GB

Can you measure it yourself using an inch-tape.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Which one will be smaller?

Your card the HD 6950 will be dwarfed by the HD 5970, come on if you are so unsure, pull out the inch-tape and just measure your card to be at peace.

What is the price of 430?

Between ~2800/- -->3500/-.

Which one should i have P8Z77-V or P8Z77-V Pro?

Just get this motherboard right here. You do not require the Z77 chipset based motherboards BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT OVER-CLOCKING.

Hope this helps Sire, Cheers!!

I would prefer z77 v pro as it has many features.than h77

Now my buying would be-

Intel I5 2500k

A mobo

Cm Elite 430

Corsair tx750v2

I would prefer z77 v pro as it has many features.than h77

Tell me features which would benefit you, not just because it has a longer specifications chart.

Now my buying would be-

Intel I5 2500k

A mobo

Checks out, but why are you going to buy a -k marked processor if you are not over-clocking it.

Cm Elite 430

Okay fine.

Corsair tx750v2

Do you need so much of extra power? The Intel Sandy-Bridge / Ivy-Bridge processors are efficient little tykes and the H77 chipset is also really frugal when it is running, even on full blast.

Get the Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/- tops. if you are really paranoid about future upgrades. Otherwise the Corsair VX 550W ~4600/- should be more than enough for you.

A k series would snactch me more selling price when i want to shift to ivy bridge.

z77 board are ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 3 - SMART DIGI+ Power Control .

A k series would snactch me more selling price when i want to shift to ivy bridge.

Obviously you are oblivious to the latest changes in Ivy-Bridge, Intel it seems has reneged on certain of Ivy-Bridges key features --
  • The TDP is shifting back to ~95W as was for Ivy-Bridge.
  • Not really a great performer, doesn't even over-clock well [although you are not over-clocking].
  • Tendency to get hot when being fed extra voltage

Read here for further --> http://www.techencla...ad/page__st__80. I think you will do fine buying a non-k marked processor and sticking with it till it becomes redundant.

z77 board are ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 3 - SMART DIGI+ Power Control .

Okay, this here is a compare list of my board vis-a-vis your boards go through individual pieces it and tell me what is different --> http://in.asus.com/Compare/.

Which one is better for me I5 2500k or I7 2600?

Do not keep money matter

Just who is better?

Mother board would be decided on availablity

Which one is better for me I5 2500k or I7 2600

Do not keep money matter

Solely from a gaming point-of-view anything over the Intel Core i5 2500 is overkill, so I think you should get a vanilla Core i5 2500 and live with it. I am saying this keeping everything out of the window [money, availability et al].

For details, refer here, observe the gaming scores -- http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/287?vs=288.

I5 2500K OR ONLY 2500?

i WOULD BE ADDING 2 120MM AND 2 80 MM FANS TO CABBY

THEN THE CPU COOLER IS MUST OR NOT?

cAN U SUGGEST A SSD?

Haven't you sorted out yet,If overclocking then-i5 2500K,No overcloking-i5 2500 and yes adding fans in case would give you better cooling and you can live with the default HSF.

For ssd's you can go for-Corsair Force Series 3 90GB SATA 3 6Gbs-7.5k OR Ocz 2.5 Vertex3 120gb-11.5k
I5 2500K OR ONLY 2500?

i WOULD BE ADDING 2 120MM AND 2 80 MM FANS TO CABBY

THEN THE CPU COOLER IS MUST OR NOT?

cAN U SUGGEST A SSD?

What about getting into amd?

Not really a choice there Sire, AMD processors haven't a chance in front of their Intel counterparts. Phenom IIx6 -- Thuban is not developed for gaming apart from being EoL, Phenom IIx4 -- Deneb is also Eol and not worth it in the face of Intel's Sandy-Bridge.

The latest Bulldozer based Zambezi processors --> FX-8150 / FX-8120 / FX-6100 and FX-4100 are all inconsistent in their performance and are plastered by the Intel Core i3 / and i5 line-up.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043.html / http://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/the-bulldozer-review-amd-fx8150-tested / http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8150/.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In many cases, AMD's FX-8150 is able to close the gap between the Phenom II X6 and Intel's Core i5 2500K. Given the right workload, Bulldozer is actually able to hang with Intel's fastest Sandy Bridge parts. We finally have a high-end AMD CPU with power gating as well as a very functional Turbo Core mode. Unfortunately the same complaints we've had about AMD's processors over the past few years still apply here today: in lightly threaded scenarios, Bulldozer simply does not perform. To make matters worse, in some heavily threaded applications the improvement over the previous generation Phenom II X6 simply isn't enough to justify an upgrade for existing AM3+ platform owners. AMD has released a part that is generally more competitive than its predecessor, but not consistently so.[/font]

Speaking of patience the winner of that contest is #[member='Altair']
tongu23e.gif

#[member='ALPHA17'], you should really get an award for being so extremely patient...

Back