NEW Dell Inspiron 'R' Series Laptop

@greenhorn

Well the CC package basically consists of two types of warranties first is your accidental damage repair warranty and the other one is the NBD warranty in which any hardware malfunctions or anything as such happens they replace that part.

Now the NBD warranty is international but not the CC which means that if you are in the states and the laptop develops a malfunction then they will service it for you there but if you happen to drop you laptop there they wont be replacing any parts for which you would need to come back to the APAJ region to get it fixed.

Hope this clears any doubts.

Praks said:
@anuragjiwrajka

Is this for Inspi 14 or Studio ?

@amitn18
Did you get the pics ?

Anybody on this forum owns 14R ?? Need clarification on those hinges :(

Hi praks the quote that i have mentioned is for Inspiron and not for studio..

amitn18 said:
@Praks
Couldn't get the pics... am very busy... involved in getting my visa. Will try getting pics in the weekend.

@anuragjiwrajka
Which series are you talking about? Is it the Inspiron 15R or 14R? Please give the model number.

@raj404
Thanks dude for your clarification of the international warranty status.
Will let you know in two or three days... Right now, I am in love with the new Macbook pro:)

I am talking about inspiron 14. and its customised... so i am sorry wont be able to give you the model no.

raj404 said:
Extreme lowballing and bidding going on in this thread....
Anyways anuragjiwrajka may I know is it Insp 15 or 14?

The one i have quoted is for inspiron 14..

Well anuragjiwrajka , dont mean to offend you but the 42k price which you have quoted is just 500 bucks lesser than the retail amout...

I can give you 8% discount on the retail amount depending if you buy 3 years CC and 3% disc if you dont buy 3 years CC.

PMed you my number.
@Praks,
I am sorry but I didn't add the price of CC as well to that so the price quoted by anurag is proper.
EDIT :
Also Praks the price which I had quoted you was for Insp14R whereas what Anurag is quoting is Insp15R,
Mass confusion :S , anyways hope this clears any doubts:hap2:

This is more of a discussion thread rather then wtb. This should be shifted to laptop sector as its a simple discussion thread and should not be placed in market section

Well , couple of sales done already through this thread...

The sellers on this thread(like me) would be really happy if it stays in Market section.

@raj404 & @anuragjiwrajka

Thanks for giving good deals.

Well, I have placed this thread in WTB coz I want to buy it. I am a kind of person who wil research even for 2-4 months before taking product.

I was about to take Inspi 14R but just on time found that they have one of the worst looking hinges. I saw demo of Inspi with amazing curved hinges & finishing in Dell show room which they told me its 14R, but sadly that shape is changed all of a sudden by Dell in last 10 days.

That's the reason thread is going on so long.

I dont see any issues if one of fellow TE member is getting good business from this thread & our TE members are getting best discount. Finally thats what we all want right :)

I will check out again with Dell Exclusive store over weekend & place an order on Old Inspi or Inspi 14R.

Can anyone give opinion on this config ?

Inspiron 14 Laptop Details | Dell India

Check out - S541041IN8

I am not into gaming but still have to go with that ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 - 512MB
coz this lappy is not available without Graphics card. (Intel HD is fine with me)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED 6 May
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok guys, I am in final stage of taking.

Have 4 of my friends also who are interested in taking the same piece based on my "research" :)

I have decided to go with OLD Inspi for those amazing looks. Here it is, I have seen this personally finishing near touch pad & those curved hinges gives mind blowing look.

14kh1d0.png

TRUST me, New Inspi 14R looks real real bad in terms of look.

Here is the final config

S541041IN8 -Core i3-330M(2.13Ghz),Win7Basic,3GB,320GB,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330-512MB,8X DVD+/-RW, Belkin Simple Backpack, 1 Yr Hardwr Warranty - 35,400
S541041IN8 -Core i3-330M(2.13Ghz),Win7Basic,3GB,320GB,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330-512MB,8X DVD+/-RW, Belkin Simple Backpack, 1 Yr Complete Cover - 36,178
S541041IN8 -Core i3-330M(2.13Ghz),Win7Basic,3GB,320GB,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330-512MB,8X DVD+/-RW, Belkin Simple Backpack, 2 Yr Complete Cover - 39,341
S541041IN8 -Core i3-330M(2.13Ghz),Win7Basic,3GB,320GB,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330-512MB,8X DVD+/-RW, Belkin Simple Backpack, 3 Yr Complete Cover - 43,687

This is just official quote from site. Lets see how much discount comes in.

how about something like this config-

core i3-2.13,DOS,2 gb, 500gb(prefered),ati 4330-512mb,dvd rw,no pack needed, 2 yr cc or limited hardware. after some 8% discount around 35k would be a good deal.

how sturdy is vanilla inspiron w/o R, weight, how it feels, looks compared to studio.

inspiron 14r not available with gf and it cost less with ugly looks. though with graphics card i would have tolerated with ugly looks with low price, may be they need to sell the old stock on inspiron (so why not low price? may be of good looks-confusing)

I am yet to find someone who gives with DOS :) I would love to get it.

3 to 4 GB RAM is must for me. 500 GB HDD is good choice.

I have checked vanilla inspiron 14 which is way way better in look then 14R or 15R

God knows what Dell has in mind by launching so crap looking 14R & making Old inspi good looking. Have no idea why they made old Inspi change of look.

Will check with dell showroom & decide further.

could any one guide on the weight of this laptop. hw good is vostro 3300.i'm also thinking of light weight lappy of less than 1.5kg around 35k or less, pls help, gfx like 4330 or equivalent would be nice or is to much to ask for...

14 inch lappy are always lighter then 15 ones.

OLD Inspi 14 - Starting weight of 2.19 kg with 14" HD display, 6 cell battery

@Praks and lilboy

I think the real reason why Dell stopped the curved hinges on the Insp 14 was because of the excessive wear and tear that it causes unnecessarily as the 14 series laptops will be the most protable ones(even more so than Insp 15) and hence repeatedly opening and closing the flap makes the facy trim hinges go bad faster than the sturdy ugly looking ones.

Another reason could be that the because of the sleek design of the old Insp 14s the sale of the Studio 14 series went down and hence Dell decided to make them ugly once more so that people could again think about buying Studio just for its better looks.

called customer care today and it sucks getting disconnected for 4 times and they asked to me wait for 1 min and it goes on and on. need a light weight one with balanced config including gfx around 33k

@raj404

Thanks for your view. Well same looking hinges are there on Studio too. I have seen so many people using Studio but never heard complain of wear & tear of hinges as it will not touch the base.

I might agree with this one - sleek design of the old Insp 14s the sale of the Studio 14 series went down.

I will check over the exact shape of new Inspi 14R also & try to confirm with showroom guys on hinges. Damn still they maintain 14R has same shape as Old 14. god knows how many will order 14R without seeing & then regret seeing that crap look.

Anyways, I have decided to go with Old Inspi 14. Just looking for someone who can offer without ATI Graphics card (I am fine with Intel HD)

An update.........

Went to Dell showroom, their so called Trained executive still says Old Inspi as New Inspi 14R.

God knows how many poor chaps will take it just by seeing looks of Old Inspi & Getting Inspi 14R in parcel.

Seems they will get new Inspi 14R by next week. Will see it properly then only Order.

Any comments welcome.

Well i was fortunate enough to look into this thread. I got myself a shiny new Dell Inspiron today for 35500 with the exact same hinges that Praks was looking for.

Got this Core i3-330M(2.13Ghz),Dos,3GB,320GB,Intel HD,8X DVD+/-RW, Belkin Simple Backpack, 1 Yr Hardwr Warranty for 35500 to be exact.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Bought it from SMC Nehru place...

@Switch

Thanks for the update. Yeah I am aware that still dealers, Ezones & Croma has this curved hinge lappy which is infact old series.

If you would have directly taken from Dell then it would be this crap looking one. I am still waiting for Dell to update closer look pics of 14R.

I am sure you would love the look of palm rest finish & curved hinges now, what do u say :)

I have to take it directly from dell, as I want with 2 or 3 year complete cover which retailers like Ezone or croma cant get good deals on.

Back