New Gaming PC within a budget of 50k Max

DarkAngel said:
Since it has a clock advantage 3.1Ghz/3.4Ghz, it should perform as good as a i-5 760 OCed to ~3.5-3.5GHz on multi threaded apps and i-5 760 OCed to ~3.8Ghz in single threaded apps assuming a performance boost of ~15-20% clock per clock due to architectural advantage.
Sandybridge architecture doesn't bring any great clock per clock improvement...sandy bridge is just 2 to 3% faster than current nehalem and lynnfield based processor so waiting for sandy bridge processor wud b a waste of time...

but yeah 2500K wud b around 15 to 20% faster than i5 760 coz it has 3.3 ghz speed

So i think AMD can catch up sandy bridge by its bulldozer core this time coz sandy bridge processors doesnt have any architectural improvement...

Check out this review: Sandybridge Vs. Lynnfield

SandyBridge Core i7 2600K review

Yep
I checked it out even if i might not go for sandy bridge i hope i5-760 and msi p55-gd65 price will drop which can help me to add a 2nd gpu in the future.the i5-2500 is the same price 205$ as the i5-760 so i guess it will see a price drop along with P55 mobos which will be EOL

enjoy the sandy bridge guys.... get ready to change ur mobos again to include the lga 1155 socket!!!! what is wrong with intel??? they change chipsets like someone changes socks!!!

mrcool63 said:
enjoy the sandy bridge guys.... get ready to change ur mobos again to include the lga 1155 socket!!!! what is wrong with intel??? they change chipsets like someone changes socks!!!
Just to earn more and more profit ;) Intel earns in billions by doing this lol... :D

Maybe they knew right from the launch of 1156 that this was a stop-gap measure.That's why they didn't release any low end Nehalems on the 1156 which was meant to be the mainstream option.But with the 1155 they are launching a 64$ Pentium G-620 2.6 Ghz which should be a very basic mainstream proccy.This time it looks like 1155 is here to stay.But it's time for 1366 to be retired by the LGA 2011.Hope these 2 socket configs live as long as the LGA 775 :p:p

lga 775 stood tall for around 8 years... intel is losing track with its chipsets.. wait till the sandy bridge is released in retail and another 6 months for a proper chipset!!

Back