New Gaming PC within a budget of 50k Max

Thanx mrcoole63.no way that I am going to ship the HDD(I know how sensitive the r/w head is to shock.Accelerations above 4g and it will go kaput)i don't think I might end up corroding my mobo
I clean the innards of my pc with a painting brush :D
I am going for MSI because of solid caps over the Asus.usb 3 and sata 6 Gbps are useless for me coz I don't think I can spare the moolah to buy a SSD and I don't care about transfer speeds on a pen drive.
Will The 1055t come within my budget of 7400 for the proccy by Jan?Right now it's for 9.2k on SMC
If I can crimp on the Corsair and Elite 430 and get a Seasonic and Gamma I think I will go for i5-760 and Asus P7H55-LX combo(9.6+4.4) which kicks the 1055T 's ass on most benchmarks(especially for games which benefit due to Turbo-boost) except for highly threaded applications like video creation s/w which I don't use

cant say 7400 but atleast it will drop to 8200 hoping;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

u are getting it wrong there. applications use the cpu cores for processing in applications whereas games use the gpu core(majorly display related). so when u install a hd6870 u will get frames per second according to the graphics card and not because of the cpu..
so if u go for i5 or x6 u will only find a slight differnce bcause of the proccy u chose.

this was posted on tomshardware

Some observations...

Clock for clock, the PhenomII X6 has greater overall processing power than the quad cored i5 models. Yes I've done the Cinebench comparisons - the X6 is capable of matching quad cored i7 rigs even with hyperthreading.

On the other hand, the i5 has greater per core power than the PhenomII X6 which is what earns it the "gamers" choice. That said, the Phenom isn't any slouch for gaming either and is still plenty.

So it depends on how long you intend to keep the machine and what you're using it for.

If you're a die-hard gamer and intend to keep the machine for a short period say 12-24 months before a full mobo/cpu/ram upgrade then go i5. LGA1156 platform is a bit of a short term option really.

If you're doing a lot of multitasking or intend to keep the machine for longer, say 24-48 months then go PhenomII X6. There's no denying the trend towards increased use of multi-threaded apps/os and over time the X6 will begin to shine ever more brightly. Plus the AM3 board is likely to have new CPU made available after that time.

I decided to go with a PhenomII X6 1055T on an AM3 890GX board with an HD5870 GPU. I can tell you that for current gaming, it smokes!!

Have fun.

so arguments on both sides... i agree i5 is super for gaming:hap2: but i am saying with such a powerful gpu cpu takes a back seat and x6 along with am3 socket is more future proof than i5 with 1156 socket..

Hexa core support will be introduced in the near future. They plan on placing it in Arma2 and the next GTA not to mention Crysis 2 if ur going to get it.

games that will use 4 or more cores. read here
Intel Core i7-980X Performance Preview: 6-Core Processing Arrives

"u are getting it wrong there. applications use the cpu cores for processing in applications whereas games use the gpu core(majorly display related). so when u install a hd6870 u will get frames per second according to the graphics card and not because of the cpu..

so if u go for i5 or x6 u will only find a slight differnce bcause of the proccy u chose."

Not necessarily, Games like Metro 2033/Crysis demands are for GPU and CPU alike...

"Clock for clock, the PhenomII X6 has greater overall processing power than the quad cored i5 models. Yes I've done the Cinebench comparisons - the X6 is capable of matching quad cored i7 rigs even with hyperthreading. "

I don't think so, the 1090 T considered the highest end of Phenom Hexas barely matches up to i7 920/860 and 1055 T the same for the i5 750... Even if we look up at the upcoming Bulldozer, they are 1 BD Module: 1 Core i7 core ratio and 1 module is actually 2 cores with a shared cache.. so effectively AMD is planning to pitch in a 8 core proccy to a Intel 4 core Proccy...

As a personal opinion, I'd buy the AM3/AM3+ board only if I intend to upgrade to Bulldozer in near future.. ELse if the moolah permits, at a budget that he has I'd suggest Intel....

mrcool63 said:
cant say 7400 but atleast it will drop to 8200 hoping;)

u are getting it wrong there. applications use the cpu cores for processing in applications whereas games use the gpu core(majorly display related). so when u install a hd6870 u will get frames per second according to the graphics card and not because of the cpu..

so if u go for i5 or x6 u will only find a slight differnce bcause of the proccy u chose.
Not always buddy.I know the stuff about processors and how they work(am a BE in ETCE Engg.:D)But the issue is that most programs that I use are not 6 -core optimized.The prime example of such heavily threaded app are those video creation and rendering s/w which I dont use.And also the CPU does the job of transferring the executables in case of games through the PCI x16 lane.In case of most games nowadays only 1 or a max of 2 cores is/are heavily used to do this .that's where turbo boost seems immensely more practical.You might say about Turbo-Core of the Thubans now but it's nowhere as efficient as Turbo-Boost.Now with Sandy Bridge on 9th Jan it is even more mouth watering

Check this out

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/10-11-26/189a.png

Now the i5-2500k @ 216$ is mouth watering.the i5-2500 is 205$ which is the same as i5-760.So i guess for i5-2500K i have to pay .5-1 grand more.This is the config to have even if I have to spend 53k.btw how much are the mobos gonna cost?do you guys think that i can find a decent MSI or GB @ 5.5 or so?the h67 is gonna be a bit more costly i guess as it is replacing the h57 and there's no replacement in Jan for H55.

Can the K oc on H67?or Intel is panning to extort us to buy P67 even if we go for K series ?

dude Intel is releasing a new chipset every year twice!!!
The LGA775 socket still holds 75% of intel markets share. source-intel q4 2010 statistics

Go with amd. When intel settles down and finally decides which chipset to keep then take an intel!!

@marcus.. very true man and whats with the new naming by intel

mrcool63 said:
dude Intel is releasing a new chipset every year twice!!!

The LGA775 socket still holds 75% of intel markets share. source-intel q4 2010 statistics

Go with amd. When intel settles down and finally decides which chipset to keep then take an intel!!

@marcus.. very true man and whats with the new naming by intel
LGA 1155 will replace LGA775.

Reasons: There has been a Pentium Sandy Bridge set to release for ~$64 (Sake price as E5500)

They will release a budget P61 chipset other than the H67/P67.

These were not the case with the current Clarkdales as there are no Pentium's priced <$85-$90 during launch and the H-55 mobos were pricey at launch. Even now the cheapest H-55 mobo costs 3.5k

DarkAngel said:
LGA 1155 will replace LGA775.

Reasons: There has been a Pentium Sandy Bridge set to release for ~$64 (Sake price as E5500)

They will release a budget P61 chipset other than the H67/P67.

These were not the case with the current Clarkdales as there are no Pentium's priced <$85-$90 during launch and the H-55 mobos were pricey at launch. Even now the cheapest H-55 mobo costs 3.5k
That's true.H61(Not p61 :p) will be the new mainstream standard in lieu of G41(although the Indian market is flooded with old g31 chipsets)

Nah DarkAngel you are forgetting the Pentium G9650 for LGA 1156 which costs around 90$ .So we never know if Intel might plan to shelve the 1155 in a couple of years or so and go for a new socket and NB/SB where they might incorporate Lightpeak.

but performance boost of 20% that the i5-2500 sees over the i5-760 will simply blow Thubans out of the water.

AMD can only compete by slashing prices till Bulldozer comes out and hopefully kicks ass.

Till now I am hoping so that I can find a decent MSI H67 within 5.5 k.The i5-2500k is the way to go.

Many people are talking about LGA1156 being eol.

But look at LGA 775 still going strong.

I think as long as performance needs are satisfied it does'nt matter whether 1156 is eol or not?

believe me the 1156 still has quite a steam and with Sandy Bridge the prices will fall which is even better as Intel needs to make way for i5-2500 by cutting i5-760 prices

@Marcus: Because Sandy's due to out in Jan next year. IMHO, waiting two months at a time will tempt you with the news of the next two months to come - OT: Q1 of '11 will probably bring better (hardware/priced) GFX too, but if that's reason to wait, you'll be tempted to wait a pretty looong time

paradox said:
@Marcus: Because Sandy's due to out in Jan next year. IMHO, waiting two months at a time will tempt you with the news of the next two months to come - OT: Q1 of '11 will probably bring better (hardware/priced) GFX too, but if that's reason to wait, you'll be tempted to wait a pretty looong time
:p
well said.i am not a very patient guy.i am saving and scraping thrufor thsi config:D.By Jan i will wait no further(i am stocking games now but not playing them.This is a serious test of my patience:()

Marcus Fenix said:
That's true.H61(Not p61 :p) will be the new mainstream standard in lieu of G41(although the Indian market is flooded with old g31 chipsets)

Nah DarkAngel you are forgetting the Pentium G9650 for LGA 1156 which costs around 90$ .So we never know if Intel might plan to shelve the 1155 in a couple of years or so and go for a new socket and NB/SB where they might incorporate Lightpeak.

but performance boost of 20% that the i5-2500 sees over the i5-760 will simply blow Thubans out of the water.

AMD can only compete by slashing prices till Bulldozer comes out and hopefully kicks ass.

Till now I am hoping so that I can find a decent MSI H67 within 5.5 k.The i5-2500k is the way to go.

Many people are talking about LGA1156 being eol.

But look at LGA 775 still going strong.

I think as long as performance needs are satisfied it does'nt matter whether 1156 is eol or not?

believe me the 1156 still has quite a steam and with Sandy Bridge the prices will fall which is even better as Intel needs to make way for i5-2500 by cutting i5-760 prices
Typo Its G6950 :p Yup i mean the H61 mobos.IINM the G6950 never hit indian shores and at launch price of $90 it was not worth it. If u quicky check newegg u can find both the G6950 and the i-3 530 selling for $100.

The LGA-775 still has life coz the bulk volume shipment for Intel is the Pentium dual core brand which constitutes more than 50% of shipping due to low cost of $60 (~3k) and the cheap G41 mobos which costs ~2.5k There was no LGA1156 based proccys/ mobos that replaced this. Intel didnt EOL the LGA775 low end processors and thus it thrived.

Nearly ~65% of intel's LGA775 and ~95% should be made up of celerons and pentium dual core. When the i-3 530 was released its cost was ~5.8k and mobo min. cost was ~4.5k. The E7500 then cost 5k. Now i-3 530 cost ~4.9k and min. mobo cost ~3.5k. E7500 costs ~5.5k.

Since each and every member of LGA1156 processors have a replacement at the same price point with about ~15-20% performance boost min. the LGA1156 processors and mobo should be EOL as soon as the stock runs out IMO.

Plus remember that only the K-series proccies could be OCed. So non-K series proccies cant be OCed so it u pick up the the i-5 2400 ~ $184 (~9k-9.5k) u can always pick up the cheap, yet decent H-67 mobo.

Since it has a clock advantage 3.1Ghz/3.4Ghz, it should perform as good as a i-5 760 OCed to ~3.5-3.5GHz on multi threaded apps and i-5 760 OCed to ~3.8Ghz in single threaded apps assuming a performance boost of ~15-20% clock per clock due to architectural advantage.

The i-5 2500K should OC like hell due to unlocked multi and would cost ~11k IMO. Also u would have to get a good OC capable P67 mobo which should cost a bit at launch(~6.5k+?)

DarkAngel said:
Typo Its G6950 :p Yup i mean the H61 mobos.IINM the G6950 never hit indian shores and at launch price of $90 it was not worth it. If u quicky check newegg u can find both the G6950 and the i-3 530 selling for $100.

The LGA-775 still has life coz the bulk volume shipment for Intel is the Pentium dual core brand which constitutes more than 50% of shipping due to low cost of $60 (~3k) and the cheap G41 mobos which costs ~2.5k There was no LGA1156 based proccys/ mobos that replaced this. Intel didnt EOL the LGA775 low end processors and thus it thrived.

Nearly ~65% of intel's LGA775 and ~95% should be made up of celerons and pentium dual core. When the i-3 530 was released its cost was ~5.8k and mobo min. cost was ~4.5k. The E7500 then cost 5k. Now i-3 530 cost ~4.9k and min. mobo cost ~3.5k. E7500 costs ~5.5k.

Since each and every member of LGA1156 processors have a replacement at the same price point with about ~15-20% performance boost min. the LGA1156 processors and mobo should be EOL as soon as the stock runs out IMO.

Plus remember that only the K-series proccies could be OCed. So non-K series proccies cant be OCed so it u pick up the the i-5 2400 ~ $184 (~9k-9.5k) u can always pick up the cheap, yet decent H-67 mobo.

Since it has a clock advantage 3.1Ghz/3.4Ghz, it should perform as good as a i-5 760 OCed to ~3.5-3.5GHz on multi threaded apps and i-5 760 OCed to ~3.8Ghz in single threaded apps assuming a performance boost of ~15-20% clock per clock due to architectural advantage.

The i-5 2500K should OC like hell due to unlocked multi and would cost ~11k IMO. Also u would have to get a good OC capable P67 mobo which should cost a bit at launch(~6.5k+?)

Superbly put togehther:clap:
But is it true that you need P67 to OC even with k series?i know that P67 mobos will have voltage control for better ocing but will the K series not oc on h67 at all?
BTW i think with new 1155 socket and ddr2 ram prices rising due to low manufacture rate the new mainstream standard will see 1156 surviving for a bit longer(max upto release of h61):)

Marcus Fenix said:
Superbly put togehther:clap:
But is it true that you need P67 to OC even with k series?i know that P67 mobos will have voltage control for better ocing but will the K series not oc on h67 at all?
BTW i think with new 1155 socket and ddr2 ram prices rising due to low manufacture rate the new mainstream standard will see 1156 surviving for a bit longer(max upto release of h61):)
There are already LGA775 mobos with DDR3 in the market for as low as 2.4k :)
When u are gonna spend 11k in the processor with uncloked mulitplier paying a premium of 1-1.5k then u should be a OCer who would like to push the proccy to 4GHz+. So in that case i dont see the logic behind getting a K-series proccy and then skimping on the mobo. Ofcourse u should be able to OC in using the H67 but not to the P67 levels IMO. Anyways we everyting would be clear come Jan first week :D and the availablity and pricing in India will also be clear by mid-Jan.

Back