New phone in a budget of 25-30k

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of buying a new phone. My only requirement is that I should be able to use Chat, Email, Text, Browse on phone easily. Multimedia Capabilities are not that much important :hap5: However I would love to have a Good primary cam and a secondary cam for video calling if possible. Battery life should also be good.

I am considering following phone in that order:

1. Blackberry Bold 3 9780 - Loved the QWERTY key board of my present BB Curve. Now real-time Facebook/Twitter updates in BB OS 6 is just awesome. Battery is very good. Goes 2 days in single charge. But absence of front camera and small screen is a deal breaker for me.

2. Sony Xperia Arc: Loved the sexy sleek design. Big screen, and a f/2.4 primary camera would be awesome (I guess). Only thing I'm worried about this phone is battery life and absence of physical keyboard.

3. HTC Incredible S: Well Sense UI is just awesome. Front camera is a plus. Although I've heard that primary cam is not good. I saw Desire HD and I observed too much sharpness in photos and colors were not reproduced correctly. Again battery life is a concern.

4. HTC Desire Z: Only good thing about this phone is QWERTY keyboard and Sense UI. Everything else is just so so. :huh:

Below is the template filled:

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25 to 30k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: No preference

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Nokia and Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Require a descent camera with flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Blackberry 9780, SE Xperia Arc, Incredible S, Desire Z

So guys, pour in your suggestions. Thanks in advance :)

Sony-Ericson's phones are plasticy. My buddy has Xperia X10 & I don't like it's finishing. Galaxy SII will be 35k+ which is out of your budget & Galaxy S AMOLED could be a good device if you don't care about spending 30k for an Flash-less 10 months old device.

Konquerror said:
Sense UI is awesome. Please suggest what it should be: Nexus S or Incredible S?
You will probably like the sense u.i for a month or so,it was great on winmo 6.5 (as the original ui was pathetic),but on android it is purely useless.

^^ Where? Coz I have been told - by people who know the release schedule - that Optimus X2 will come to the market very soon. It's not there yet but wait is not going to be long. In fact, launch is very very near.

^^ I've been to the LG stall where they were showcasing Optimus 2X and Optimus Black (at Select Citiwalk Saket, New Delhi). I managed to fiddle with the devices long enough to get a good idea about their worth and their performance.

The price was confirmed by the saleswoman(hot) there who said 26k for Optimus Black, and 27k for Optimus 2X. I asked about availability, and she said it should be easily available in the coming days(this was a week ago)

I went to another shop today and they said Samsung Galaxy S2 would be available in next 1 month...Xperia Arc was available for 28k...for Optimus 2x...they said...15 days...well I'm more confused now...whether to buy now...or wait for 1 month :|

Naaah. The Evo 3d/Pyramid blasts the S2 to oblivion. Go for qualcomm and with SE using it you would have guaranteed subscription to PS SUITE. Also check out the benchmarks. The Qualcomm proccy is the fastest present.

Well one more point to consider is that what would be the price when these dual core processor equipped phones are launched? If it's out of my budget then there is no point in waiting. Ahh...buying new phone sucks :(

Back