New phone in a budget of 25-30k

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of buying a new phone. My only requirement is that I should be able to use Chat, Email, Text, Browse on phone easily. Multimedia Capabilities are not that much important :hap5: However I would love to have a Good primary cam and a secondary cam for video calling if possible. Battery life should also be good.

I am considering following phone in that order:

1. Blackberry Bold 3 9780 - Loved the QWERTY key board of my present BB Curve. Now real-time Facebook/Twitter updates in BB OS 6 is just awesome. Battery is very good. Goes 2 days in single charge. But absence of front camera and small screen is a deal breaker for me.

2. Sony Xperia Arc: Loved the sexy sleek design. Big screen, and a f/2.4 primary camera would be awesome (I guess). Only thing I'm worried about this phone is battery life and absence of physical keyboard.

3. HTC Incredible S: Well Sense UI is just awesome. Front camera is a plus. Although I've heard that primary cam is not good. I saw Desire HD and I observed too much sharpness in photos and colors were not reproduced correctly. Again battery life is a concern.

4. HTC Desire Z: Only good thing about this phone is QWERTY keyboard and Sense UI. Everything else is just so so. :huh:

Below is the template filled:

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25 to 30k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: No preference

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Nokia and Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Require a descent camera with flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Blackberry 9780, SE Xperia Arc, Incredible S, Desire Z

So guys, pour in your suggestions. Thanks in advance :)

unreal_ishan said:
I know people really hate Nokia for some reason here...but the best alternatives to the above would be the N8/E7...just have a look with an open mind and u'll realise what i'm talking about...perfect for ur usage...with gr8 battery life...and decent app support..upcoming updates will improve it even further...

Just check out the E7 hardware...there is no better built phone in the market today...
Yeah, do keep an open mind. The camera is phenomenal on both of them. Nokia has always had a good battery life even whilst the phone is on 3g network. No complains about storage facility either.

You also get a Qwerty on the E7 and screen is huge too. Mail for Exchange is able to push the email for Gmail and Yahoo [I have tried it personally].

I have both of them. I bought the N8 [November] and E7 was a gift.

Check out a sample pic from N8 http://i.imgur.com/ElFj6.jpg

Check out a sample pic from E7 http://i.imgur.com/ElFj6.jpg

You now have IM [gtalk, yahoo, msn] with Ovi Chat, Skype etc

Also the PR2 update [expected any moment now], has host of other updates too.

* Enhanced Browser (v7.3): high value touch UI improvements, including URL entry bar, always visible ‘Go Back’ and extended toolbar buttons and search-integrated address field; better user responsiveness, faster history navigation and page loading, split screen virtual Qwerty keyboard.

* Enhanced Ovi Maps (v3.06): smarter search; Check-in to Facebook, Twitter, Foursquareor local social networks; ability to share places via email and SMS, and also with friends using non-Nokia phones; public transport network lines view; update and download full country maps via WLAN

* Enhanced Ovi Store (v2.06.xx): improved search, including auto-complete, spell-checking and Internet search engine optimization and error fixes; increased file size limits for downloading over WLAN

* Enhanced Social (v1.3): status updates in contact card, ability to retweet and view follower list in Twitter, higher resolution image uploads, ability to add caption to images

* Enhanced Ovi Suite (v3.x): works seamlessly with the latest version of Ovi Suite to update the device software, download free street maps, download new music and discover the latest mobile apps, back up the device to keep content safe, and sync content with Ovi.

These are the one's doing the round, and many updates are expected by the "industry gurus".

I would any day buy a Android or iOS(if I have the money to splurge ) over a Symbian

yeah spending over 17k on a Symbian^3 phone ain't worth it, unless u're a die hard fan and want the N8's camera, E7's keyboard, or the upcoming X7's music features(whatever they may be)

Back