New PS3 today? Current PS3 Pricecut Official!

looks like fat PS3 had a liposuction... if only they retained the glossy finish...

well cost cut means cheaper parts...

^ That's actually one thing that came to my mind also. Sony talks about using smaller components which are cheaper to make, but, I wonder if there is any compromise in terms of quality and performance.

vb86 said:
^ That's actually one thing that came to my mind also. Sony talks about using smaller components which are cheaper to make, but, I wonder if there is any compromise in terms of quality and performance.

well i don't think sony would have compromised on the quality,due to the lessons learnt from microsofts rrod,considering sony is already in a loss,i doubt they would want to take a risk of replacing cutomers ps3.

Wow! They managed to make it the most ugliest console I have ever seen. As far as looks are concerned its not even comparable to the fat one. I am sure the hideous looks of the slim model is going to be a deal breaker for many potential customers.

Well, I don't think Sony targeting those who will consider the look of a console as buying factor. I found the slim version looks better them the earlier Oval Shaped version. I found Wii is the best looking console so far,second comes ps2 slim and Xbox360 - really really looks cool

^^

Dont want to burst the bubble. Ps3 fat is the best looking console till date. Wii is the cutest one. 360 nothing to write about.

m-jeri said:
^^

Dont want to burst the bubble. Ps3 fat is the best looking console till date. Wii is the cutest one. 360 nothing to write about.

yeah we all have our own personal choice :hap2: ; the best thing of ps3 fat is its quite heavy n solid and stands very well n firm (in vertical) in compare to Xbox360 -which feels bit flimsy to me

^Lol.

India sure has witnessed some decent price-cuts! 5k slashed straight from the 25k price, which is the MRP + an additional game bundled. eBay users can avail additional discounts with the coupons.

Btw GI forums has a good offer going for the 80gigs console with or without the game. The newer slim PS3 might hit Indian shores in November. Lol we're still unlucky in such aspects damn it!

The processor might be potentially faster, but it will be made to clock roughly the same as the previous one from what I read. Regarding the graphics card, I read somewhere that they really can't make changes to the card, otherwise games will be incompatible with ps3 phat. Again, all this is speculation.

Back