New rig for gaming and photoshop

The thing is i want a feature rich motherboard. And on the Intel side it never is cheaper than 10k. If i have to wait for few seconds more while my 965 is rendering, I'm ready to do so. With the saved bucks i could get a bigger SSD. And as i gave up of gaming, i don't think it would make any difference. What say ?

Finally got my rig on friday from SP Road. My budget took a massive nosedive.

As usual, went to Golcha
<
, to see if he has changed, but as expected, he is still the same
<
. Got good quotes for few things and horrible for the others. Next, went to my usual destination, Aashirwad. Gave my config to Dinesh, and he gladly wrote down the numbers.

Got ASUS P8H61-M LE after a lot of phone calls. Intel i3 2100, 1 TB Seagate and GSkill 2GB 1333 MHZ was lying just behind him in the shelf. Changed the cabinet from horribly looking Bijli to CM 310 Elite. One last piece of ASUS Xonar DG was left on the shelf which i took it with a evil grin. Added a FSP Saga II 400W and a Logitech USB keyboard. Razer Death Adder was already waiting at my home for some 3 months. And, the most important part of the config, Edifier C3, was, as expected, difficult to find. After about 20 mins of enquiring, he gave me a quote, which was pretty good, considering Golcha quoted nearly 3k higher
<
and he suggested me some Logitech one.

Dinesh asked me if i could assemble it. I said, i can only if someone could attach the CPU to the Mobo. And, the next moment i could see him open the CPU and putting it on the Mobo while he is sitting at his desk and talking over phone, simultaneously. My heart almost stopped
<

Took a day to prepare the XP Boot CD as my 6 years old PC got restarting at it's own will and i almost plucked my hairs of due to frustration in installing 2 hard disk's and one DVD drive. FSP had given only 3 SATA connectors. The DVD and HD's were perpendicular to each other and i could not connect all the three. Luckily, i had a IDE to SATA adapter, which i used to connect the DVD drive. Rest went smoothly.

I'm really impressed with the combo of Asus and Edifier. Awesome
<
Felt that the output power of the satellites could have been a little higher.

Thanks a lot to Alpha, Hades, Comp@ddict, Darky and others for helping me out on this.

Total Damages - Rs.31,000 /-

Finally got my rig on friday from SP Road. My budget took a massive nosedive.

As usual, went to Golcha
<
, to see if he has changed, but as expected, he is still the same
<
. Got good quotes for few things and horrible for the others. Next, went to my usual destination, Aashirwad. Gave my config to Dinesh, and he gladly wrote down the numbers.

Got ASUS P8H61-M LE after a lot of phone calls. Intel i3 2100, 1 TB Seagate and GSkill 2GB 1333 MHZ was lying just behind him in the shelf. Changed the cabinet from horribly looking Bijli to CM 310 Elite. One last piece of ASUS Xonar DG was left on the shelf which i took it with a evil grin. Added a FSP Saga II 400W and a Logitech USB keyboard. Razer Death Adder was already waiting at my home for some 3 months. And, the most important part of the config, Edifier C3, was, as expected, difficult to find. After about 20 mins of enquiring, he gave me a quote, which was pretty good, considering Golcha quoted nearly 3k higher
<
and he suggested me some Logitech one.

Dinesh asked me if i could assemble it. I said, i can only if someone could attach the CPU to the Mobo. And, the next moment i could see him open the CPU and putting it on the Mobo while he is sitting at his desk and talking over phone, simultaneously. My heart almost stopped
<

Took a day to prepare the XP Boot CD as my 6 years old PC got restarting at it's own will and i almost plucked my hairs of due to frustration in installing 2 hard disk's and one DVD drive. FSP had given only 3 SATA connectors. The DVD and HD's were perpendicular to each other and i could not connect all the three. Luckily, i had a IDE to SATA adapter, which i used to connect the DVD drive. Rest went smoothly.

I'm really impressed with the combo of Asus and Edifier. Awesome
<
Felt that the output power of the satellites could have been a little higher.

Thanks a lot to Alpha, Hades, Comp@ddict, Darky and others for helping me out on this.

Total Damages - Rs.31,000 /-

Now, waiting for the awesome pics and etc in the show off section
<

^^ Congrats #carbonn Sire, good to know you got what you wanted, may the RIG serve you well in the coming years and a happy new year 2012.

^^ Congrats #carbonn Sire, good to know you got what you wanted, may the RIG serve you well in the coming years and a happy new year 2012.

I had hoped to buy a top of the line BD, but left that out due to known reasons. My primary use is entertainment. And my secondary use is PS and FL. I don't care if PS takes few seconds more. As i would not be doing any rendering or modelling in 3d, i would manage. This will be a temporary rig. My old one was in coma and would have died in a week. So, had to buy this immediately. When time comes, will pester you guys again
<

Back