New Rig - Maximum Budget 60K (Rendering, 3D, Motion Graphics & VFX)

rebolt said:
i inquired regarding my configuration to my studio's hardware guy and he mentioned that the board which i selected will not be compatible with the 1600Mhz RAM. They said that this board will only use 1000mhz of the ram and rest will remain unused. Is it true ? If so then which motherboard should i select, because already my head is blowing up now. :([
Do me a favour. go and buy a watermelon and smack it on his head, that would knock some senses into him and he won't talk BS.

Hades. said:
Tell your hardware guy to signup on TE so that he can get some bashing... he is giving so much misleading information to you... And why do you always go and ask that wannabe techie about the components that we on TE suggest... You can use till 2400MHz RAMs on LGA1155 motherboards...

Open This Image : http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/memory/sandy-bridge-ddr3/bios.png
Its a BIOS screenshot of Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard... Well Asus P8P67 Pro can also support 2400MHz memory... You dont need to overclock Sandybridge CPU , you do not need to fiddle up with the settings... Just install 2133MHz Ram on to the motherboard go into the BIOS select 2133MHz and bang you system would be up and running and the memory would be running at 2133MHz speed... :)

Read This Review Properly : DDR3 SDRAM for Sandy Bridge: Choosing the Best Memory for LGA1155 Platform. Page 2 - X-bit labs

Thanks buddy, maybe he didn't checked the board specifications and asked me to change it. So i guess i can pretty much go with it (Asus P8Z68-V).

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

muzux2 said:
Do me a favour. go and buy a watermelon and smack it on his head, that would knock some senses into him and he won't talk BS.

hahahahaa sure would do that buddy ;)

As CM 690 II Advance currently comes with 4 fans, is there any need of buying an additional fan (Cooler Master FAN V6GT) as i included in my list ? As anyway i am going to overclock it so if there any requirement for it now, or maybe i can install it later if required.

Hades. said:
Do you have budget to buy CM 690 II and CM V6GT Cooler? :S

Yes if its really required, then i do have a budget for them. I am just wondering after overclocking the CM V6GT should be required or not, maybe any other cooler.

Hades. said:
Buy Noctua NH-U12 SE2 ~ 3750... If you can really spend above 70k on your rig...

Is it better than V6GT ? Also right now is it really required to put a additional fan in CPU after overclocking ? That's my real point

If you would buy a good cabinet like CM 690 II or NZXT Tempest EVO... then there is really no need to install extra fans as they come with plenty of fans pre installed... And yes Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is >= V6GT @1100RPM but when the RPM is increased to 2200 RPM it ouperforms Noctua NH-U12P SE2 but mind you @2200RPM it would wind like a turbine and would create a lot of noise... So you decide you want a silent cooler or a better performing cooler... If you can live with the noise that V6GT would create @2200RPM then buy it...

You can checkout the V6GT Review : http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1352/1/

Can I also use 1600MHz memory modules with H67 boards? I have an ASUS H67 EVO and was wondering if I can install G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz CL9 4x4GB, on this board. Will I have to tweak the BIOS settings?

Hades. said:
Tell your hardware guy to signup on TE so that he can get some bashing... he is giving so much misleading information to you... And why do you always go and ask that wannabe techie about the components that we on TE suggest... You can use till 2400MHz RAMs on LGA1155 motherboards...

Open This Image : http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/memory/sandy-bridge-ddr3/bios.png
Its a BIOS screenshot of Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard... Well Asus P8P67 Pro can also support 2400MHz memory... You dont need to overclock Sandybridge CPU , you do not need to fiddle up with the settings... Just install 2133MHz Ram on to the motherboard go into the BIOS select 2133MHz and bang you system would be up and running and the memory would be running at 2133MHz speed... :)

Read This Review Properly : DDR3 SDRAM for Sandy Bridge: Choosing the Best Memory for LGA1155 Platform. Page 2 - X-bit labs

I think you can... All you need to do is that you need go into the bios and then into the RAM settings and then select 1600MHz... After doing this your ram sticks would work at their rated speeds...

Ok sorry to update my thread, finally i bought the new machine and have been using it for a week now i guess, alot of improvements from my past machines specially while doing rendering (haven't really render a highly intensified scene yet). 3D's Max is one of the applications i use but sad it doesn't use multi-threading, Maya does use multithreading so i can see a alot of difference with my new processor and ram. Now i want it to take a step further so i want to overclock it. As mentioned by Hades that i can overclock i7-2600K till 4.7 or 5.2ghz, but i don't think of going so far as of now. I want to overclock it till 4Ghz. Here's to what i bought.

i7-2600K 3.4ghz

Corsair vengeance 4gb DDR3 1600Mhz (16gb)

2TB Seagate 7200.12 HD

Asus P8P67-Pro Motherboard

Geforce GTS450 1GB

CoolerMaster CM690II Advance

Corsair GS 800 SMPS (the vendor was not having TX650 & he mentioned that i should be needing atleast 800)

APC 1100VA UPS

I didn't buy any extra CPU cooler as of now as the CM690 was having 3 fans plus good ventilation. So i thought if needed i will buy a CPU cooler later.

So now i want to overclock it, please guide me how to further proceed it.

Back