New UPS not taking my computer load please help

No that was the case before I got the inverter. Once I got the invertor I have stopped using the APC UPS. There is no need of separate UPS as Inverter(most of the inverter models nowdays) themselves act as UPS. My APC UPS is lying in the box somewhere since last a few months.

With Sukam invertor you get a switch to select the mode -
1. W-UPS - in this mode your computer will restart like old inverter used to be.
2. UPS mode- in this mode it will act exactly like your computer UPS. except that it will have big battery and other appliances connected to it.

Also did you check what I asked you - i .e just switch off the main power and monitor the CPU load in task manager when its running on UPS. May be when power goes off, your APC software in trying something funny which is actually increasing the power load.

EDIT: Ok just saw your last post carefully, there is something else going on it seems. as it is happening even where there is no CPU is connected.

Yup pretty much unknowing and fishy. I called local APC here and explained them the scenario, they asked that their technical guy can visit my home but @ the damage of Rs. 750/- visiting charges.
Carry-in charges are 300 bucks though.

So may be tomorrow I will take my ups to them and see whats cooking inside.

Yup pretty much unknowing and fishy. I called local APC here and explained them the scenario, they asked that their technical guy can visit my home but @ the damage of Rs. 750/- visiting charges.
Carry-in charges are 300 bucks though.

So may be tomorrow I will take my ups to them and see whats cooking inside.

Bumping old thread, what cooked inside finally ?

I did took my ups to apc and they explained me some electric calculations which i found valid.
And they mentioned some part inside ups which does degrade as time passes by and no way to repair/replace it. And the circuit board also can't be replaced if one wants to.

My query still remains that if the graph and specifications on their website claims that for so n so output, ups should last for a specific time which actually isn't happening in real life scenario & in fact nowhere coming close to what they mentioned or estimated.

If ups works properly it can very well serve you for more than 10-15yrs. If it turned problematic within 3-4 years of time then may be time for a new hunt unless you willing to repair it.

Well when it was mentioned that circuit board can not be replaced, I inferred it as buying new UPS is the only choice. My 3.25 years old APC BR1100 have been acting weirdly. All of sudden it will not deliver power to PC and shut it down with constant beep/tone. As per the APC website it appears to be 'Charge Fault'.

Well when it was mentioned that circuit board can not be replaced, I inferred it as buying new UPS is the only choice. My 3.25 years old APC BR1100 have been acting weirdly. All of sudden it will not deliver power to PC and shut it down with constant beep/tone. As per the APC website it appears to be 'Charge Fault'.
Ok but what about the battery? How old is it?
Replacing the circuit board costs same like a new ups. Same funda as in case of cellphones- new mobo costs like a new phone.
But in ups nobody actually gets their circuit board replaced unless in very extreme cases esp. in smart ups cases deployed in a battery group or something.
Home users wont bear its replacement costs but corporate cos. etc can due to the contract they sign for the said period.

You can still contact apc helpline and ask for your nearest service center to get your issue resolved.
Wont advice to show it up to local technicians as they do more harm than any good & also suggested by apc personnel.

Today night there wasnt electricity at my place so hooked a 15w Eveready cfl to my Ups + my inet modem + wifi router.
After 15 mins or so the cfl bulb started shivering. It behaved like this for an hour and then again got stable.
No such effect on wifi or modem.

What is this behaviour and what factors cause it?

Back