(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good way to figure out the price is to look at it from the market standpoint.
E.g.
3070FE is 44.5k
3070FE is said to be almost similar to 2080Ti but there are few things that your 2080Ti has an advantage on (3GB more memory, more Cuda/Tensor/RT cores, higher memory bandwidth, AIB v/s FE though this time FE is quite good)
Where 3070FE has an advantage is better process node, newer technology (so less HW does more), can use INT32 cores as FP32 cores thus leading to higher effective core count than 2080Ti, higher base and boost clocks, lesser power consumption
Given this, AIB 2080Ti may have a slight advantage compared to 3070FE (depending on what the buyer is looking for). Let's assume a bit more in favor of AIB 2080ti and assume it scores 40% bonus over current value of a 3070FE.
So the current relative value of a brand new AIB 2080Ti, compared to 3070FE, becomes 44.5*1.4 = ~62k (which matches being slightly higher than current AIB 3070 prices)

Now, 3070FE is brand new and your 2080Ti is 2 years old. Apply a 20% per depreciation per year and the price comes to ~40k.

Depending on the buyer's valuation of what they need (and factor in the availability situation), the "bonus" and "depreciation" percentages would fluctuate, let's say 5% for everything either ways. So you get an absolute min. of ~34k to an absolute max. of ~47k (depending on who is more desperate to sell/buy :p), with 39-42k being a fare range to both buyer and seller.
thats how i passed my maths test,
i wrote the given equation at top and answer ( to be proven ) at bottom then wrote wrote every bit of maths that i knew making it look more like the answer in every step ( even sloved backward to match it to the solution from top part.
To my surprise i got full marks for every question that i attempted and passed it with marks that i wasn't even expecting

BTW that process and stuff that you mentioned is all covered in just 1 aspect that is "performance".

Don't have experience with TE but it was the case on Erodov.com (was there for around a decade ). Same with OLX. I have had my add on OLX as well and have received good offers but unfortunately not in Nagpur.
Erodov is pretty bad. one dude lowballed 2k even after I said Id rather keep the product than selling it at 2k loss. It was weird too, he was ready to pay 23k but not 25k. smh

thats how i passed my maths test,
i wrote the given equation at top and answer ( to be proven ) at bottom then wrote wrote every bit of maths that i knew making it look more like the answer in every step ( even sloved backward to match it to the solution from top part.
To my surprise i got full marks for every question that i attempted and passed it with marks that i wasn't even expecting

BTW that process and stuff that you mentioned is all covered in just 1 aspect that is "performance".
You forgot to mention, hence proved. Just received an offer of 28k on OLX :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Erodov is pretty bad. one dude lowballed 2k even after I said Id rather keep the product than selling it at 2k loss. It was weird too, he was ready to pay 23k but not 25k. smh
I was approached by a member for Gskill trident Z Ram and his friend called me with an offer of 3k which I declined. after an hour that member wrote me again asking about the deal and I told him that I want 3.5k so we couldn't agree. Now to my surprise he offered me 2k and said if I am willing to sell for that price he will take it :banghead:
I was like, Seriously?? I just passed on 3k offer and he is offering me 2k..... So no matter what we do lowballers will find there way :D

Low ballers are hoping on the chance that you're desperate for some cash. The best way is to pretend you didn't see their offer. If you've priced your stuff at around market value, eventually someone who doesn't care much about warranty would be interested.

How much should i expect of following item everything 1 year old:
R3600
B450 Tomahawk max
Hyperx alloy fps pro( silver switches)
Logitech G Pro wireless
Zowie fk2

Have bill of hyperx alloy
And have box of everything except g pro because it is imported.

haha I have no problem with lowballers but this dude was particularly aggressive even after I said im not interested in his offer. he was like dudee its just 2k you're already getting 23k etc etc. I wish I saved those DMs.

anyways , I did get a buyer for asking price without any bargaining (since my price was already 1~2k less than used market price) and It all worked out in the end but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. fortunately I didnt encounter such clowns here on TE (yet..)

Hello, new guy here. Want to know what price to expect for the following, if each are sold separately-
i5 4570 with cooler
4gb DDR3 1333mhz
An old 500gb Seagate HDD
A 290W gold PSU with 8 pin main power connector instead of 24 pin
A Dell Optiplex 3020 case

Bought an old Optiplex with a 1050ti and 8gb ran with the rest of the specs above from OLX for 14k but motherboard turned out to be faulty. This also naturally means I have no bills or warranty claims over any product. Condition of everything is pretty good for 5 yo components. Like the previous seller, I did not want to cheat someone else so selling all the other parts separately to get back some of the money. Will be keeping the 1050ti and will try to get another Optiplex, but this time brand new from a reputed wholesale seller from my area, for ₹7700 and will add my 1050ti in it. Am trying to see how much of that ₹7700 can be covered up by selling these components. I'm pretty sure this way is cheaper than getting a new h81/B85M motherboard, since they all seem to be upwards of ₹4000 everywhere I checked.

haha I have no problem with lowballers but this dude was particularly aggressive even after I said im not interested in his offer. he was like dudee its just 2k you're already getting 23k etc etc. I wish I saved those DMs.

anyways , I did get a buyer for asking price without any bargaining (since my price was already 1~2k less than used market price) and It all worked out in the end but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. fortunately I didnt encounter such clowns here on TE (yet..)
Just received an offer of 25k for my 2080ti on OLX, I replied by offering to sell at 50k.

Just received an offer of 25k for my 2080ti on OLX, I replied by offering to sell at 50k.
Even if you had priced your 2080ti for 25k on olx people will send offers like 15k. They have no shame.
Anyway, how much for:
1. Seagate 2TB HDD 3.5 years old
2. 1TB HGST(WD) 2.5 inch HDD 5 years old
3. 750GB HDD 2.5 inch removed from laptop
4. 180 GB Intel 1500 pro SSD

Hey, how much can I sell an old Compaq CQ42 laptop for. It works fine but the battery is dead & I use it plugged in. DVD drive is also not working. Apart from this it also keeps the FAN at full blast while using. Rest is working fine.

Configuration:
Pentium P6200 2.1GHZ dual core
3 GB DDR3 RAM
320 GB HDD
14" HD display

And also how much can I sell an old Corsair VS 650 PSU for? It is around 6 years old & working absolutely fine in my current rig.

Last edited:
Hi - I tried selling some old audio stuff on OLX a while back and the experience was horrible.

I need help in pricing the following products for sale:

- Schiit Modi DAC (v1)

- Schiit Magni Amplifier (v1)

- Philips Fidelio X2

- Grado SR225e

All of them are out of warranty. They haven't seen much use over the years and not any use in last couple of years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back