(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see someone selling 1060 6gb for 14500 in this forum. I have same card but running out of warranty on April 1st. How much can I sell it for?
Interested too in how much I can get for a inno3d 1660. 8 months warranty left.

**Not looking to sell just curious.

Last edited:
I did see someone selling 1060 6gb for 14500 in this forum. I have same card but running out of warranty on April 1st. How much can I sell it for?
Why don't you try the same price? Few days of warranty probably won't matter at all.
Interested too in how much I can get for a inno3d 1660. 8 months warranty left.

**Not looking to sell just curious.
Should be around or more than GTX 1070 pricing. Because of the warranty. Most of the GTX 10x being sold are out of warranty.

How much can a Scar 15 2020 sell for?

I got it last month for 199990. Core i9 + 2070 Super and 32gigs Dual Channel memory. 300hz 1080p screen and per key RGB.

It's a bit too heavy for me and I want something lighter.

I got it last month for 199990. Core i9 + 2070 Super and 32gigs Dual Channel memory. 300hz 1080p screen and per key RGB.

Woah! To be perfectly honest it will not be easy to sell such a premium gaming laptop. Even more so because there is a new gaming laptop every few months so the previous models get replaced quickly which depreciate the value.
Anyway I'm not sure how much you can sell it for but you can try 10% off of your purchase price or the currently lowest price online whichever is lower. Expect people to bargain hard.
Also to others, buying such a costly gaming laptop is not recommended if you ever plan to use it for long or want to re-sell it. Gaming laptops re-sell value is shit.

How much for a sealed Corsair RM1000X, purchased in 2017 and got it RMA'd. The cheapest I could find is 16.6k on Vedanta and 16.8k on mdcomputer. Is it possible to get 14k or it's too much?

Suggest you not to sell. Reason is that new RTX3070 based laptops can be purchased for under 1.5L though they come with core i7 but that is more than enough for 1080p gaming.

You can try to sell yours for 1.7Lor so but it is better that you get used to the weight. Honestly, 2.3kg is not much weight to slug.

But do you like all the parts listed? If not don't go for it.

If you remove the GPU from this build, It shouldn't cost you more than 1.35 lacs.
I have put approx price(by guess) on the right end side of each product, considering their age. would you guys say it's the right price ?
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x [May 2020]- 28k
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime X570 PRO [May 2020] - 15k, should be 10k tho.
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i (White) [May 2020] - 7k
  • RAM: 2x16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 (White) [May 2020] - 12k
  • STORAGE :
    • 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS Nvme [November 2020] -10k
    • 500 GB Crucial P1 Nvme [November 2020]-4k
    • 1 TB HD -1k
  • CASE: Lian Li PC011 (White) [May 2020] - 10k
  • POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM750 [May 2020] - 9k
  • FANS: 3 x Corsair LL120 RGB [May 2020]- 6k

I offered 1L for this. considering processor & mobo are almost 1 yr old. Mobo is shit tbh, idk how to compensate for that since it doenst have WIFI.
Techpowerup review - The ASUS Prime X570-Pro isn't perfect. ASUS still has a lot of software bloat built into their utilities, and the complete lack of any WiFi support may make the US$250 price tag hard to swallow. The VRM, while robust, is not nearly as sophisticated as a true 14-phase. Only have two M.2 slots and six SATA ports despite the X570 chipset

i am going to use this usb hub. idk anything about SATA ports. & how having only 6 of them limits any upgrade choice, say a wifi card or any other thing ?

I have put approx price(by guess) on the right end side of each product, considering their age. would you guys say it's the right price ?
  • STORAGE :
    • 1 TB HD -1k

I offered 1L for this. considering processor & mobo are almost 1 yr old. Mobo is shit tbh, idk how to compensate for that since it doenst have WIFI.
Techpowerup review - The ASUS Prime X570-Pro isn't perfect. ASUS still has a lot of software bloat built into their utilities, and the complete lack of any WiFi support may make the US$250 price tag hard to swallow. The VRM, while robust, is not nearly as sophisticated as a true 14-phase. Only have two M.2 slots and six SATA ports despite the X570 chipset

i am going to use this usb hub. idk anything about SATA ports. & how having only 6 of them limits any upgrade choice, say a wifi card or any other thing ?
I think your price is a bit aggressive considering most of these components are not even a year old. You are assuming a depreciation of almost 25-33% on everything which is a bit much but I guess no harm in trying.

I don't have any idea about that motherboard but lack of a WiFi support doesn't make it a bad motherboard. Regarding 2 M2 slots & 6 Sata ports, do you really need more than that? Basically SATA ports are required to connect 2.5/3.5 inch HDD/SSD & m2 slots are for nvme storage. I see that this build has only 2 NVME SSD & 1 HDD so you'll be occupying 2 m2 slots & 1 sata port which still leaves you with 5 SATA ports.

I feel that you don't have much idea about computer hardware in general. I would suggest you ask a question in PC buying advice section about what parts to buy so that based upon your requirement people can suggest something which is suitable to you. You might not require a 3900x for example if you are only going to be gaming & a new system might turn out to be overall cheaper compared to what are willing to pay for this build.

Your CPU and motherboard prices are low. 35-36k and 12-13k for the CPU and motherboard respectively sound good seeing that they are less than a year old. The 3900X costs 40k brand new and motherboard around 15-16k. Inversely the RAM price seems a bit high. I could get a 32GB RGB model at 12k. I got 16GB RGB for less than 6k. Warranty shouldn't matter much since they come with 10 year's warranty. PSU price is fine. The rest of the components are subjective I guess. I'm not a fan of bright RGB fans and chassis like the Lian Li. This is why I asked if YOU liked the components.
About the motherboard it's never a good idea to buy cheap motherboard in general for OC'ong especially those with higher end chipset like the X570 here. So I can't recommend it for OC'ing. General everyday usage should be okay. Anyway, don't buy what you don't need unless you get a really really good deal. That's all I can say.

I think your price is a bit aggressive considering most of these components are not even a year old. You are assuming a depreciation of almost 25-33% on everything which is a bit much but I guess no harm in trying.

I don't have any idea about that motherboard but lack of a WiFi support doesn't make it a bad motherboard. Regarding 2 M2 slots & 6 Sata ports, do you really need more than that? Basically SATA ports are required to connect 2.5/3.5 inch HDD/SSD & m2 slots are for nvme storage. I see that this build has only 2 NVME SSD & 1 HDD so you'll be occupying 2 m2 slots & 1 sata port which still leaves you with 5 SATA ports.

I feel that you don't have much idea about computer hardware in general. I would suggest you ask a question in PC buying advice section about what parts to buy so that based upon your requirement people can suggest something which is suitable to you. You might not require a 3900x for example if you are only going to be gaming & a new system might turn out to be overall cheaper compared to what are willing to pay for this build.
Exactly. There is no need for 3900x for gaming. This is a very very unbalanced rig.
  • STORAGE :
    • 1 TB HD -1k

One big mistake that buyers do is combining a Zen 2 chip with motherboard meant for Zen 3 chips. Recently, I purchased this:

1) AMD 5800X - 39.5k
2) ASUS TUF Gaming B450 Plus - 9.5k
3) Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3600MHz stick - 2x 4.1k
4) CM Hyper 212 LED (as I could not find Noctua U12S stock at place where I puchased: 2.5k
5) Lian Li Lancool 215 : 6k
6) Kryonaut Thermal Grizzly : 700
7) Nvidia GT710 (temporary till I get hold of RTX3070 for proper reasonable price) : 3k

I already have two SSDs, a 450W PSU (replacing this with CX650 when I get the GPU) and other peripherals.

yet to buy : CX650 for 6k, 970 EVO PLUS 500GB or 1TB M.2, RTX3070.

I spent total of 69k on these and I am glad that i did not go with X570. Money that I have saved with X570, I invested in better CPU (was going for 5600x+X570 earlier).

Why did I not go with B550 or X570? I do not see any need here. 9.5k for a FullATX board that has lot of room is very good value and I am not going to use up all PCIe lanes in this board as I will only have 3070 and one M.2 SSD. I do not see anything that B550 or X570 will offer me. I went with 5800X for those two extra cores (and 4 extra threads) as I run VMs and containers and more cores matter (3900x has more cores but then 8 cores are more than enough for my use and 5800X's superior single core performance trumps extra cores that 3900X has). Overclocking? The base speed of 5800X is 3.8GHz and when I hit heavy tasks, it goes to 4.5Ghz and this itself is overclocked (done by AMD's logic). Given the number of cores and given how fast these cores are, there is absolutely no need to overclock. In fact, it is better to do undervolt and get more performance than overclock and make it unstable. The only reason is to boast about high speed. After a week or two, you will end up running the rig without much of overclock as you will not notice any difference in 'gaming experience'.

For your case, if it is purely for gaming and if you are going to refresh it in a year or two, I would strongly suggest you to build a lower cost rig around 3600X and B450. DDR5 is coming next year and next Zen chips will most probably go with new AM5 socket and DDR5 support. This means that you will not get good returns when put these components for sale next year.
If you are going to keep all components for at least 3 years, go with Zen 3 chips. Ryzen 5 5600X is the best chip in this lineup for gaming. This thing stays super cool and you can do FullHD or 2K gaming on this (with strong GPU) and it will not even break a sweat. GX uses this and he reports that it does not even cross 65 degrees when he games for hours. These Zen 3 CPUs are insanely fast (even when compared to Zen 2). Also, go for full ATX B450 or B550 board and stay away from microATX boards.

Will PCIe 4 fully speed up gaming? Not really. There are more to this (MS DirectStorage, AMD DirectAccess, Nvidia RTX IO etc are coming). Unless you have truckload of PCIe components, you will never hit PCIe bottleneck (with one 3060/3070 class GPU and one M.2 SSD).

One guy I know paid ridiculously huge amount for 3900X+X570+GTX 3060 based rig and it is an absolute overkill for casual gaming. Instead of understanding the basic needs, this person went for 'lots of everything'. Understand your need and build a balanced system. Remember, 5800X chip runs ridiculously hot. 85 degree temp is 'normal' for this. So, I had to invest in Lancool 215 which is tailor made for airflow and I had to undervolt the CPU to not hit 90 degrees (and there is no performance drop). I believe the case is similar for 3900X as well so if you are going for this, keep a note of these things.

Built in WiFi is overrated and please do not try to pick a mobo for this feature alone.

Stay away from PC cases where front side is blocked by plastic/metal/glass. YOU NEED NICE CLEAN AIR INTAKE FROM THE FRONT.

Last edited:
  • STORAGE :
    • 1 TB HD -1k

"Mobo is shit tbh" is laughable.

Can i sell ps account here?
Found a guy selling MSI GK 701 mechanical keyboard locally for 2.5k and with 3 months remaining warranty. (price on invoice 6.5k)

Is it a good deal to buy? It has Cherry mx brown switches
I think its a great price. If theres warranty left you could probably get it rmad too. Wink wink

I feel that you don't have much idea about computer hardware in general.
you caught me, i get lost in trying to understand parts. i feel like i have to know everything & end up reading almost every articles. in the end, i have no idea where i was
Built in WiFi is overrated
i see. btw thx for your lengthy answer.
"Mobo is shit tbh" is laughable.
yea, i realise that now.
your price is a bit aggressive

i plan to replace these parts - processor & mobo(5600x & b550), cabinet (HAF XB EVO), water cooler (Scythe fuma 2/Noctua DH15). yet to buy them.

I am getting the whole pc in very good price. which is why i plan to sell them immediately to upgrade them. I have doubts that i can find buyer for these parts. certainly not for a year old 3900x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back