Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

My younger brother is demanding the phone now and i told him to buy when he can buy from his own earned money :p

Want to ensure that he learns the value for money and should fight for things he wants to procure :)

For people with certificate issues, you have to install a root certificate (aka hacking) , its a 5 minute job (after you get the certificate ie)

1) Download Hello OX 2.03 from here :

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download HelloOX2.v2.03.Unsigned.zip

2) Goto Symbian Certificate Application and software online signing - OPDA.CN , register , then login , click on Apply cer , enter Model , IMEI and a name and submit application , then after some time (can take upto 24 hours) your certificate will be ready .

3) Login and you will see the certificate , download the .cer and the .key file in front of it

4) Download SISSigner : 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download SISSignerInstall.zip , in the first box select the .key file , in the second the .cer file enter 12345678 in the third box , select the Hello OX 2.03 you downloaded in the fourth box , then first press the button on the left , then on the right

5) Install the HelloOX sis file on your phone , restart , goto apps >> ROMPatcher+ >> Tick Installserver_FP2 and options >> auto on startup .

Thats it , after that you can install apps without worrying about certificate errors . To unhack your phone , goto Hello Ox in apps , select unhack .

well said manu1991.

I knew of this earlier,but thought it was illegal.

For all nokia 5230 owners.

Download nokia 5230 pack from torrentz.com

Its one hell of a pack..

Hey guys has anyone noticed this..

The phone gets stuck at the nokia logo and i have to remove the silicon case then remove the battery which is a HUGE pain in the arse for me

Can anyone tell me why this happens it has happened twice to me

the first time it didnt know what to do so i had to hard reset the phone and the second time i just removed the memory card while restarting the phone and then hot swapped it after which it worked fine.

I again tried to see if the restart works fine and it did work fine.

Can anyone tell me whats the problem and why does it happen most often???

And after that problem i mean removing the battery..and restarting... it starts working fine

I found many link which explains how to avoid it..

Heres one of it...

Guide: Avoid Phone Startup Problems S60 v5

But i could not figure out why does it happens..

Its very annoying to remove the battery every now and then..

yesterday i slept at 2.30am just because of this shit problem..

it hasnt happened to me but its happening a lot with my friends , it looks the firmware issue here ,i hope nokia will address this issue soon , these minor things are taking the charm away from this neat device

manu1991 said:
For people with certificate issues, you have to install a root certificate (aka hacking) , its a 5 minute job (after you get the certificate ie)

1) Download Hello OX 2.03 from here :
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download HelloOX2.v2.03.Unsigned.zip

2) Goto Symbian Certificate Application and software online signing - OPDA.CN , register , then login , click on Apply cer , enter Model , IMEI and a name and submit application , then after some time (can take upto 24 hours) your certificate will be ready .

3) Login and you will see the certificate , download the .cer and the .key file in front of it

4) Download SISSigner : 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download SISSignerInstall.zip , in the first box select the .key file , in the second the .cer file enter 12345678 in the third box , select the Hello OX 2.03 you downloaded in the fourth box , then first press the button on the left , then on the right

5) Install the HelloOX sis file on your phone , restart , goto apps >> ROMPatcher+ >> Tick Installserver_FP2 and options >> auto on startup .

Thats it , after that you can install apps without worrying about certificate errors . To unhack your phone , goto Hello Ox in apps , select unhack .

I tried to do the same . .but where do we get the new file/output file with .key and .cer uploaded?

Hi guys, i bouught this mobile 2 days back. i have a prob with the date display in homescreen. It does not display the date except for General profile. For all other profile it is not displaying the date, it oly shows the profile name. Any solution?

Anyone found out the cause and workaround to the vanishing memory issue,mine stands at about 12mb now.

cleared cache using y browser

cleared temp

reset google maps..

What else can be done..

@raksrules did you get your problem fixed??

Srirama said:
Anyone found out the cause and workaround to the vanishing memory issue,mine stands at about 12mb now.
cleared cache using y browser
cleared temp
reset google maps..
What else can be done..

@raksrules did you get your problem fixed??

Shift message storing location to Memory card from Message settings.

hi
jus found out a way to make the ui very fast..
just turn off theme effects.may be most of you know it already.
one more thing
while making firmware update are contacts deleted?

Back