Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

Yep, that's right. speed of apps or mobile functionality don't depend on the card speed. It only matters while transferring data to card from PC. People who used all classes of cards verified this. :)

I have an issue regarding songs not being detected by the default music player of the phone. I usually drag and drop songs to the e:\sounds\digital folder of the card and then with the music player i do a refresh library and it adds those songs and i am able to see them. But some songs are not showing up at all, even refresh library does not add them inspite of those songs being there on card. Power MP3 properly adds that songs in its library but the default player does not :S

Btw except default music player and power mp3 which music player software would you guys suggest ??

raksrules said:
I have an issue regarding songs not being detected by the default music player of the phone. I usually drag and drop songs to the e:\sounds\digital folder of the card and then with the music player i do a refresh library and it adds those songs and i am able to see them. But some songs are not showing up at all, even refresh library does not add them inspite of those songs being there on card. Power MP3 properly adds that songs in its library but the default player does not :S

Btw except default music player and power mp3 which music player software would you guys suggest ??

i was using default 1 till now because of the homescreen widget but powermp3 is much better in sound department , i will say use powermp3 , its much better

for the default player not recognizing some of the tracks , i guess there is no other way than deleting those files and again putting it there , they will recognize them , it has happened a lot of times to me also

^^ Yes power mp3 is good but in my case songs skip / pause in between when using power mp3.

Moreover are there any more widgets available for this phone. If yes can anyone suggest?

hey is there any application which shows the DETAILED ram info such as the memory usage of apps individually...i mean like the task manager in windows

raksrules said:
^^ Yes power mp3 is good but in my case songs skip / pause in between when using power mp3.
Moreover are there any more widgets available for this phone. If yes can anyone suggest?
TTPod , although as of now its not properly touchscreen optimized.

I am facing an issue with my 5230. I have a 4GB card with 2.6 GB free on it. Whenever i try to restart the phone it freezes on the white screen with Nokia logo. The only solution is to remove the memory card and restart and later after the phone has restarted i hot swap the memory card back in the phone.
Any idea why it is happening and any solution ?

Guys compareindia.com has listed this phone as available for prices ranging frm rs.8099 to rs.9500 in various stores across mumbai n the rest of india...does this mean its back in stock?? hope so:)

Are you able to play wmv or mp4 files ? Whenever I try to play a video, it shows an error and only plays the audio. :( Even I used the videora but the same prob persists. :no:

it works fine,use formatfactory and convert to nokia 5800Xm,under devices..

It will play back smoothly..

It cant play video greater than its native resolution(360*640) at passable framerates..

arsenalmaniac said:
Guys compareindia.com has listed this phone as available for prices ranging frm rs.8099 to rs.9500 in various stores across mumbai n the rest of india...does this mean its back in stock?? hope so:)

No that does not mean it is back in stock since the information may not have been updated on the site. But in my case it proved correct since i found one of the stores.JJ Mehta, Dadar west listed there and they actually had the phone in stock. But do not correlate the phone and its price from website as actual price in shop may differ.

Do you guys face the certificate expiration error while installing an app ? I'm getting it a lot of times. I've reset to factory settings and also updated to the latest firmware but in vain. :(

Btw, my phone shows 81MB of mem where as it should be 70MB r8 ? :p

Yesterday, I had bought 5230 black one for 8300 with bill and warranty. I was getting white colored one everywhere in bangalore from 8100, but I could find the black one only at Devendra Telecom, Jayangar 3rd block.

I had paid total of 8500 for phone, scratch guard and a good leather pouch.

I have also noticed that there is a huge demand for this model and hence, they are not coming down in their prices.

sabby said:
Do you guys face the certificate expiration error while installing an app ? I'm getting it a lot of times. I've reset to factory settings and also updated to the latest firmware but in vain. :(

Btw, my phone shows 81MB of mem where as it should be 70MB r8 ? :p

As time passes your phone memory will come down and you wont even know where it went. I am at around 32 MB and am not able to locate where it went. Clearing cache and privacy data of default browser does free few MBs but its very less still. :S

No no, you got me wrong. :p

I meant, according to the specs sheets, the total phone memory should have been 70MB but mine shows a total of 81MB i.e. same as 5800.

Btw, any hint/tips regarding the certificate issues ?

Guys I bought a 5233 for a friend of mine. There's a problem though. It's not running the ovi store application. When I start it,the screen just gets 'refreshed' and nothing happens.

I tried browsing to store.ovi.com on the phone and the bloody website states: DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED. WTF is that supposed to mean?:no: Shouldn't the 5233 support Ovi since Nokia bangs about it everywhere on the box and in the ads. Anyone else faced the issue and found a solution?

sabby said:
No no, you got me wrong. :p

I meant, according to the specs sheets, the total phone memory should have been 70MB but mine shows a total of 81MB i.e. same as 5800.

Btw, any hint/tips regarding the certificate issues ?

Yes i did get your point. Just something i wanted to let you know about the vanishing memory issue. About the certificate, i have not faced any issues as such. Probably i have not installed any such apps which cause such error so i have not encountered it. Probably hacking the phone (i dont know how to do) will remove this certificate problems.

TheNightwing said:
Guys I bought a 5233 for a friend of mine. There's a problem though. It's not running the ovi store application. When I start it,the screen just gets 'refreshed' and nothing happens.
I tried browsing to store.ovi.com on the phone and the bloody website states: DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED. WTF is that supposed to mean?:no: Shouldn't the 5233 support Ovi since Nokia bangs about it everywhere on the box and in the ads. Anyone else faced the issue and found a solution?

This is quiet strange. I think you can try to uninstall and reinstall the OVI store app and try again. But device not supported is really not expected. Even the website store.ovi.com lists the 5233 :S

TheNightwing said:
Maybe you should try updating the firmware. It might help.

H2O said:
Maybe you should try updating the firmware. It might help.

The phone's running 12.1.089 off the box already. No new update available.:(

EDIT: Solved the problem finally guys. Spent the past two hours going through shady forums and finally got a link to download the Ovi store client. Installed it and the problem's gone. The app's loading fine now.

Still cant believe Nokia could mess up something like this considering it's a brand new phone with no modifications. Well the problem's solved now and I am keeping the phone since my brother nicked my 5230.

Back