WP Nokia Lumia 520 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will last one full day With Moderate-heavy usage, with 30 min of gaming included!!
So dont worry about it dude :)

Please do report more about the battery. Thats one thing I cant compromise on. :|
I cannot comment on Lumia and all but if battery life is your prime concern and if you are not interested in big phones like note 2 and are ok with bit older android devices then you can for Motorola maxx / maxx hd or whatever it is called.

Please do report more about the battery. Thats one thing I cant compromise on. :|

It is more than decent on 2g/wi-fi! Being a new toy, it is being subjected to constant fiddling. This is my main concern when jumping to WP8 as well and hence the obvious choice of the L720 owing to the 2000mah battery, though 820 gives me better hardware. Another fallacy of the 820 is absence of Gorilla Glass where the cheaper 720 gets GG2! Yet, i did expect the 720 to launch at around 17k. At 19k odd it's ominously close to some cool droids and the L820.

Nice pics Rohit!

@mithun - 820 and 720 are for different segments. 720 is a premium low end phone. 820 is a value for money hight end phone. The innards of 820 are much better. With 1gb ram, and a much higher cpu clock. Which people are saying is important for WP9/WP Blue.

@raksrules - Nah, no droids for me. That whole ecosystem is a yawn fest for me.

@F3niX- Thanks man.

-------
Anyone tried some enhanced/high capacity replacement batteries? I found one on DealExtreme ( http://dx.com/p/bl-5j-replacement-3...-for-nokia-5800-5802xm-5230-5800i-more-112923 ) with a charger for 5-6$ :D
The reviewer said its only as good as the original but if you get a charger along with, its a really good deal. No?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, finally ordered one for my cousin.... from ebay (using 7.5% coupon) for 9250/- :)
bought a micro sim-cutter & a 16gb Sandisk ultra card too.... Now looking for a good scratch-guard....

@abhishek2600 - Link to the cutter? Does it come with adapter for phones with bigger sims?

actually i've ordered all those stuff today(from ebay) so definitely its yet to arrive to me.... but as per the seller's listing it'll come with 2 adapters...
i'll update with details when i'll get these stuff delivered

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Few feedbacks were not so positive for that listing. So I ordered this: http://cgi.ebay.in/itm/281035633200 so far have used it to cut 2 sim cards and it has worked well :)

aaw.. you got that from a powerseller...tht'll definitely be good :) mine is 100rs cheaper than you.... maybe i didn't wanted to spend more on this relatively less used tool so got that.... and i also saw some positive feedbacks too against those 1 or 2 negative feedback so i didn't bothered much

I like the white and yellow. All others seemed very dull.

Black is neutral, but it sort of kills the colored border look.
Yes, Lumia in Black has no appeal. I brought yellow for my Mom and it looks different.
Also these phones have a cool feature called Photobeamer. Using this you can share photos with any device having internet connection.

I thought red also looks good. I was thinking of buying red Lumia 720 once released.. second option is white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back